Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

*gasps* ...ANOTHER Habi-Thread...! (SEO for Mabi)

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
Disclaimer : This thread isn't actually about being a Habi-Thread...
This thread/topic is about SEO (Search-Engine Optimisation) for Mabi...

Note : SEO = Search Engine Optimisation (or «Optimization» for you American spell-checkers)

I had trouble getting back on-line over the last few days so if I omit anything important here it is because I am rushing on a rather tight schedule whilst simultaneously often dealing with the mess/chaos of dealing with groups of too many metaphorical indecisive-chiefs and not enough indians... I am also rather surprised by the lack of available Internet-access around here, despite this place supposedly being one of the more high-tech locations in the world, not to mention that I have not seen any of that «5G» that was reported to be all over this country (or if I have encountered it then 5G speeds are apparently not as impressive as advertised [note: I am fully aware that there is a difference between 5.0GHz and 5G; they are not the same...]). Anyway, without further delay, here are another couple of ways to get «Mabinogi» seen on-line by more people...

Who-ever maintains the page at http://mabinogi.nexon.net/ could insert the target «key words» as part of the META key-word tag that people use to find this kind of «game» in the first place... I think I remember, back in the day before I even knew that there was such a thing as a «classless» or «not based on "class"» MMORPG in existence. FFXI uses a «job» system, the word «class» is the classic (and thus traditional) term that everyone has historically used to refer to what «role» one would take in an RPG/MMO/etc., such as Warrior, Cleric, Mage, Archer, etc., which later on extended to additional ideas/options/choices like Paladin, Dark-Knight, Lancer, Dragoon, Summoner, etc.

Not everybody is necessarily «happy» with whatever MMORPG they might have been on historically and then choose to look for something else that fulfills the need to be able to express more freedom and not have so much restriction. Like, myself, for example, I had a very high-level magic-caster in a prior game, but the only spells available to me were entirely offense (well, with a handful of utility spells, anyway). Sure, I could burn through over 1000 mana at a time just to mega-nuke something, but I couldn't even cast a simple 10-mana-point healing spell to help myself recover more quickly, despite my command of a 1000-mana-point and thus supposedly much more «complicated» form of magic!? I will spare the rest of the details but it was certainly frustrating enough to make me decide «perhaps somebody else out there made something that's not so restrictive as this... I think I'll do an on-line search and check the results...»

Probably the closest term that «old-schoolers» might be familiar with to a «classless» or «no restrictions on skill-sets» or «not locked into only ONE role for the whole ENTIRE DURATION of a characters whole life» or other such description would be to describe it as : multi-classing

Whatever the search-term, and for whatever reason, the terms people use to find something like Mabinogi ought to be part of the landing page, but, currently as of the time of this posting, when you load http://mabinogi.nexon.net/ and press «Ctrl+U» on your browser (Note : This allows you to see the public source-code for the web-page), you won't find any of those key-word search-terms there (use Ctrl+F for Find Text to save time from reading the source line-by-line from beginning to end), but they ought to be there. I don't know how many of you forumers might have web-sites or web-pages, but, another way to get a specific page for a specific search-term towards the top of the search-results is to literally make a web-page where the name of the HTML/htm-file is made up of the keywords themselves. Try it out. Used to take 2-3 weeks to propagate but now it seems to only take a couple of days... keeping it at the top though requires the page (and/or web-site) be updated fairly frequently (or that nobody else bothers to create pages with competing key-words).

Certain «titles» are also popular enough to where it is possible to «piggy-back» upon their success by «borrowing» their brand-name or having articles written, or even just outright blatantly putting «alternative to [insert-name-of-popular-title-here]», whether it be Skyrim, World of WarCraft, etc. Actually, I need to go back to the previous paragraph, regarding what I mean by the name of the HTML-file (or .htm-file) being made up of key-words, and most people in this day and age should know and be familiar with how there is usually a index.html file as the initial page of most web-sites. From the looks of how this web-site has been designed, I would assume that there is some sort of software-programme being used for site-maintenance, and updates (it certainly wouldn't be hand-coded manually anyway). Basically, IF who-ever maintains the web-site decided to make a page named and at http://mabinogi.nexon.net/multi-class-mmorpg.html and created some blatant «sales-pitch» letter on said page as to why you should play Mabinogi instead of other MMORPGs then you can bet your bottom $$$ that, when the search-term «multi-class mmorpg» is put into a search-engine, that http://mabinogi.nexon.net/multi-class-mmorpg.html will definitely appear amongst the top of the search-results.

Anyway, I wasn't intending to go over a whole «SEO course» about this, and so I won't, for even these «basics» here I have revealed already give a somewhat «unfair advantage» over others who do not possess this knowledge, but this should help who-ever might be doing any «marketing» for the NA version of Mabinogi to be able to get Mabinogi more visible in front of an English-speaking audience (although you could really do the same thing in other languages but in the end they'll still need to be able to read at least some English to participate in game-play). For those who worry about the bugs & glitches, well, one entrepreneur whom I remember said to focus on the sale, because the revenues could then be used to hire the necessary talent to fix whatever wasn't fully patched at release-date (kind of making a reference to MicroSoft in a way; how MicroSoft did things... sell first, generate lots of revenue, then fix/patch up the loose ends as a «free» on-going support/service in the form of Windows-updates; and I am not quoting Bill Gates either by the way).

Before I end this thread, at least over on the continent where I am at, surgical-masks, face-masks, etc., are constantly sold out. Usually they're sold out within 2-3 hours of any stores which stock/sell them opening, and a lot of people wear them, for reasons that should be known to everyone by now (probably). Why there is a patent on something that has the world in a panic (pandemic?) is anyone's guess, but, as an opportunist, I see it as even more of a «marketing opportunity» to potentially generate more revenue and get more easy advertising going. Call me «shameless» for this all you want, but, imagine, Mabinogi-themed surgical-face-masks! With so many people buying up the surgical-face-masks to the point of them always being out-of-stock daily (at least for the Asia-continent), what if people were walking around with those cute pictures of Mabi-characters, and even a link to the web-site on the face-masks, especially if they're in highly crowded locations like train-stations, etc. Of course, you don't want negative publicity, such as being seen as a «greedy company» that's just trying to profit from a disaster (corporate-governments already do that anyway), so the characters ought to have speech-bubbles with words that promote clean hygiene and thus healthy and sanitary habits!

Whilst I can access Mabinogi from over here, even with 7ms ping (to local servers anyway), I still get too much of a delay in Mabi when connecting from over here, although I have since disabled the Nagle algorithm, so maybe I can get better performance now. I will have to check later when I can get on-line without too much potential for interruption/limitation... also, over here there is already a Chinese version of Mabinogi, although I have not really kept up-to-speed on its population and revenue-contributions or other such trends. Nor have I seen Mabinogi advertised anywhere around here either (in any language; even though this is a multi-lingual country). Anyway... make the Server-Channels Full again...!
3g5yKVP.png
  1. For those who LEARNED about Mabinogi via a SEARCH-ENGINE. Do you remember the search-term you used ?4 votes
    1. Yes : Multi-Class MMORPG or MMORPG with multi-classing or something similar... (probably)
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Yes : Classless MMORPG
       50% (2 votes)
    3. I don't remember the search-term I used...! D=
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I just want to participate in this poll even though it was not a search that brought me to Mabinogi!
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Yes, but, it was some other key-word term that I will specify in my reply... (probably)
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Yes : Not going to be specific about my search-term though...*looks around and hides naughty images*
       0% (0 votes)
    7. I switched over to Mabinogi due to a past cross-over event...
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Other... (Probably)
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    SEO doesn't work the same in 2016+4 as it did in the 90s the spiders basically don't care about keywords or spamming related websites with your link anymore, it's all about dumping cash into advertisements that more and more people just block, and paying for integrations with independent talking head "Youtubers" and "Streamers" with large followings which to be fair Nexon NA doesn't do.
    You also need to consider computer MMO RPGs are falling out of popularity in favor of "MOBA" (PVP Tower Defense) and the resurgence of (Team) Death Match under the Zoomer termed "Battle Royale" because they're more pick up and play/braindead genres and don't require the investment of an RPG combined with the fact the average American works more than a medieval serf just to live in a 1 room apartment full of black mold and roaches and an empty fridge with 50 grand in college debts to get their minimum wage job.
    There isn't a "Silver bullet" that will make Mabi "more active" or have "full channels again" because society is changing, advertising has changed, people's priorities change, and hell that's not even getting into how anti-social the culture has gotten due to the rise of social media and the dissolution of local community interaction, no MMO is going to be as big as "the old days" anymore we just have to accept it and make the best of what we have.

I'll end by saying, if you, whoever is reading this reply, feel the game is dead, just go talk to some people and make friends quit being akward about it, theres nothing better than a good firm handshake as ye olde Boomer would say, be the change you want to see or that change will never come.
    Radiant DawnNilremBlissfulkillpawcalypseSherri
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited February 6, 2020
    Sadly I found Mabi through a random banner ad. Having previously played Maple Story and knowing Nexon through that, I decided to give it a try.

I think Mabi has at least another decade in it if they play their cards right. Even if they can't update the engine (which let's be real, they managed to reverse-engineer the dungeon system, so they can if they really want to), they can start updating character/outfit models and animations. The engine's handled a lot of abuse so far, so I just don't see why not at this point. If the game looks good enough, people will find it on their own.

Some easier upgrades that would help seal the deal: They need to update hands/feet models, do a tad bit of animating on hair/outfits (similar to the flowing wigs and make it default), increase geometry on character models. Older outfits should be updated as well. Increase maximum draw distance a very large amount in all areas (and adjust the sliders accordingly so that people still on older systems can still have their 5-foot drawing distance. :P ).

Thing is, there just aren't a lot of MMOs like Mabi out there. It's unique in both gameplay and appearance. Upgrading the graphics, even by just upping the geometry here and there, would go a very long way.

As for Lutetium's post... it's not really MMOs vs MOBAs.... I think the old "MUD-Style" MMOs (such as WoW) are on the verge of death since there's just no way to keep newbies flowing in when the content itself blocks them every few levels. (I'm talking about things like "heroic" or "raid" quests and the like.) These games decay when too many players hit "endgame" and get bored of alts, perpetually locking new players out of later content. They get bored and leave. Mabi's "do whatever you want in whatever order you want" character progression never had this particular problem, except at the very very beginning, and they wisely retuned the game to get rid of it.

Meanwhile I think games like "Sea of Thieves" are the future of MMOs. There are no levels, skills, or gear. Every player has every in-game ability regardless of how long they have played. (It is the player behind the skills that truly defines the character's ability and power.) You quest in the game for the sake of questing, loot (entirely cosmetic) exists purely to be found, and there's a ton of lore for those who like to discover it. I like this, because I always loved finding lore stuff in MMOs. While I'm not into pirates, I can see why this game seems to keep growing.
    WolfsingerSherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited February 7, 2020
    Lutetium wrote: »
    SEO doesn't work the same in 2016+4 as it did in the 90s the spiders basically don't care about keywords or spamming related websites with your link anymore, it's all about dumping cash into advertisements that more and more people just block, and paying for integrations with independent talking head "Youtubers" and "Streamers" with large followings which to be fair Nexon NA doesn't do.
    The techniques I mentioned still work even in 2020 and always have throughout the history of the existence of search-engines, the main difference being that you'll usually get 3 or 4 links tagged as «Ad{s}» at the top of the page now, but you can still get your own link showing up right after those ads at the top (or you could just spend money on the key-words), but yes there are a lot more people using YouTube as a search-engine these days than the actual search-engines. The Search-Engine algorithms do change, how-ever, those changes are usually designed more so to block out spam-sites and filter out virus-sites from search-results and promotes «Wikipedia» for some reason
    (in addition to burying «conspiracy theory» themed information-pages). The most disturbing «censorship» I find happening is to hide the Truth about the LAW from the general public (can't have people like me doing things to disrupt the cash-cow of those thieves whom we often refer to as lawyers after all). «FABE, Chief Justice (Supreme Court of Alaska) PER CURIAM:
    The cornerstone of a democracy is the ability of its people to question, investigate and monitor the government. Free access to public records is a central building block of our constitutional framework enabling citizen participation in monitoring the machinations of the republic. Conversely, the hallmark of totalitarianism is secrecy and the foundation of tyranny is ignorance. It has been written that "f a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." FULLER v. CITY OF HOMER, 75 P.3d 1059 (2003)(1).» Not to digress (too much) or anything...
    You also need to consider computer MMO RPGs are falling out of popularity in favor of "MOBA" (PVP Tower Defense) and the resurgence of (Team) Death Match under the Zoomer termed "Battle Royale" because they're more pick up and play/braindead genres and don't require the investment of an RPG combined with the fact the average American works more than a medieval serf just to live in a 1 room apartment full of black mold and roaches and an empty fridge with 50 grand in college debts to get their minimum wage job.
    You might be looking at Western-culture preferences, who have typically and historically preferred football-games (known as rugby elsewhere), live-action shooting genres, and are thus going to be drawn to titles like CS by default. RPGs (and MMORPGs in general) are still hugely and largely popular at the Eastern «Hemi-Sphere» of the world, and the numbers of MMORPG-themed animé-releases is a testament to its popularity.
    Regarding the average Joe (American), well, not much I can do about that, but I can tell you for a fact that a dishonest so-called money system is in place, such that a house that was bought back in the 1950s for $30K may now cost 3$US million, even though the structure and materials of the house itself may not have changed at all, and thus has not altered its intrinsic value... this is because the «banksters» steal from you, and You, and even YOU, via a method known as causing inflation. «Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes its laws...» -Quoting Amschel Rothschild
    «It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.» -Henry Ford
    I can only metaphorically lead metaphorical-horses to water but I cannot force them to drink from the metaphorical well-of-knowledge. For a quick crash-course look up Victoria Grant speeches. For extended knowledge, read G. Edward Griffon's book, The Creature from Jekyll Island. For in-depth «secret» knowledge... find The Secret Banker's Manual document and read it through its entirety.
    «I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.» -Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed) 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)
    There isn't a "Silver bullet" that will make Mabi "more active" or have "full channels again" because society is changing, advertising has changed, people's priorities change, and hell that's not even getting into how anti-social the culture has gotten due to the rise of social media and the dissolution of local community interaction, no MMO is going to be as big as "the old days" anymore we just have to accept it and make the best of what we have.
    Aren't we pessimistic ? And the «no Silver bullets» reference applies to pretty much everything. I know you are intelligent enough to comprehend that suggestions like «Make Channels Full Again» take time, and require some leg-work before taking off, like needing to finish building a plane before it flies, or completing the construction of a ship before it sails, etc., but I guess the reference to the Reagan/Trump slogan may have been lost on some people.

Policrima mentioned that Mabinogi is unique, which it is, and therefore it should have the «monopoly» on its unique genre (and don't forget that there will always be new 12+ year olds every year who have yet to «out-grow» the exploration of the animé-MMORPG experience). Additionally, other genres of games are not necessarily the primary influencing factor drawing attention away from MMORPGs, but more so because the «mobile-device» market is now the «monopoly» market world-wide, as is evidenced by the fact that nearly everybody seems to have their faces in their device no matter where we go; speaking of which, one time I read a suggestion from a forum-poster about making a Mabinogi-app for mobile-devices, but couldn't help but to wonder how the controls would work on a mobile-device... I think it actually would be a good idea to make a Mabi-App though, but, unlike the PC-interface, I think it would need to have some sort of «programmable Character A.I.» option, similar to how we can make Combat-AI for pets, and a limited «auto-play» function, such as a scroll-down menu to auto-walk or auto-tunnel to a specific location/city, perhaps even a limited auto-dungeon option, which would of course progress slower on a mobile-device than what can be accomplished on a desk-top, etc.
    I'll end by saying, if you, whoever is reading this reply, feel the game is dead, just go talk to some people and make friends quit being awkward about it, there's nothing better than a good firm handshake as ye olde Boomer would say, be the change you want to see or that change will never come.
    For what it's worth, I have to believe that there must be at least some people doing at least some advertising, especially after having flailed and wailed my hands and arms in the air and other such dramatic displays of lunacy (okay, that's an exaggeration), regarding the importance of continuous advertising (applies to every and any business), as I had noticed a gradual rise in the server-population after a couple of months of having posted that tirade of mine, and there did seem to be somewhat of an influx of new-to-Mabinogi community members (also a lot of returned/returning Milletians). It might be just coincidence, but, when I had initially returned, most of the population that I encountered seemed to consist mostly of old-timers and pretty much all of the so-called «OP» people who can «solo» Scathatch Caverns in like five minutes; I ran into like maybe one or possibly TWO at the most «new» people for a while as I was getting back into the routines, but, these days, actual new people show up, and have even asked me for assistance, which I found to be a refreshing change and an indicator that somebody out there must be doing something to promote Mabinogi and get it advertised. We should all thank who-ever he/she/they is/are if that is indeed the case of why so many more new people have joined the servers within the last few months...
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited February 6, 2020
    ... But wait, why do you do this? Why start at one point and then dive into an entirely separate topic (about censorship and "banksters"), only to continue on with that separate topic for a whole paragraph, ultimately derailing from the main point? By doing so, you are digressing too much. The reader's attention span is lost and they have likely forgotten what the original point was in the first place.
    ....Is that exactly your intention? I must know.

Ehm, to the topic at hand,

For the problem with advertising. I think another factor to consider would be that while this game might be >unique< and all, Nexon doesn't have a particularly savory reputation, at least over on this side of the world. I once made a search thread on another site to see if others would be interested in playing the game with me. As soon as they realized it was associated with NX, they turned the other direction, pointing out that NX is greedy and then something or another about its pushy cash shop model in its games. It wasn't like it was only folks that had previous experience with the service, either. There were those that had likely heard bad news of NX from someone else/somewhere else, then they took that and you get this snowball effect.
    You see users not very happy with NX here on NX forums too, though.

Other responses (from other threads I had observed on that site) had comments regarding they didn't like the "pay-to-win" aspect of this game, the gacha system, or how inconsistently it handled its story/content (for example, you can just play Gens out of order; the game tosses G19 to you probably before you've seriously stepped into G1). This game really does have a number of flaws that can be entirely off-putting.

Beyond advertising, take it the next step. Keeping players continually invested would be the next problem. Even if you get new players in, how long are they going to stick around upon finding out that most updates are some kind of event that wants you to stay logged in for a period of time, not particularly doing anything, with occasional genuine content updates every few seasons? Or that every cute/cool new outfit is in a gacha of sorts, with the only other way to obtain it being to fork up a considerable amount of gold?
    Granted, there is a nice amount of content to this game that users can familiarize themselves with, but kinda like what Lute was getting at, that requires investment. The average person on this side of the world might not be willing put in the effort to do that with all the worldly burdens they already have to carry. I can't say I run into any individuals that actually like MMORPGs wherever I go.

Then there's the player side with user generated content, which is probably not as significant, but I still feel is at least somewhat worth mentioning as I think it shows passion from the player community. It's the sort of thing I generally look out for. Maybe others that like to focus on the creative aspect would as well.
    Yes, we have the very rare contest encouraging user creativity. There's folks that draw a bit of fanart, sure. And maybe someone might make a funny Mabinogi-themed video every once in a while, but it feels so few and far between. It's just not enough to keep things fresh and exciting. Especially compared to Korea, where this stuff is being pumped out on a daily basis, where the player community actively creates those little seasonal art collab micro-sites where users get together to contribute their own piece, where there's blogs and guides dedicated to the game and still being updated. We just don't have that. It looks like there's not enough interest in providing.

As a final note, I don't think renewing/attracting newfound interest in the game is completely hopeless. This game has done just fine; it still sees new and returning players. Even so, there's hurdles across numerous fronts besides only advertising that would have to be addressed to get a sweeter result, should that sweeter result be within reach.
    SherriBlissfulkillRadiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Fluorette wrote: »
    ... But wait, why do you do this? Why start at one point and then dive into an entirely separate topic (about censorship and "banksters"), only to continue on with that separate topic for a whole paragraph, ultimately derailing from the main point? By doing so, you are digressing too much. The reader's attention span is lost and they have likely forgotten what the original point was in the first place.
    ....Is that exactly your intention? I must know.

Ehm, to the topic at hand,

For the problem with advertising. I think another factor to consider would be that while this game might be >unique< and all, Nexon doesn't have a particularly savory reputation, at least over on this side of the world. I once made a search thread on another site to see if others would be interested in playing the game with me. As soon as they realized it was associated with NX, they turned the other direction, pointing out that NX is greedy and then something or another about its pushy cash shop model in its games. It wasn't like it was only folks that had previous experience with the service, either. There were those that had likely heard bad news of NX from someone else/somewhere else, then they took that and you get this snowball effect.
    You see users not very happy with NX here on NX forums too, though.

Other responses (from other threads I had observed on that site) had comments regarding they didn't like the "pay-to-win" aspect of this game, the gacha system, or how inconsistently it handled its story/content (for example, you can just play Gens out of order; the game tosses G19 to you probably before you've seriously stepped into G1). This game really does have a number of flaws that can be entirely off-putting.

Beyond advertising, take it the next step. Keeping players continually invested would be the next problem. Even if you get new players in, how long are they going to stick around upon finding out that most updates are some kind of event that wants you to stay logged in for a period of time, not particularly doing anything, with occasional genuine content updates every few seasons? Or that every cute/cool new outfit is in a gacha of sorts, with the only other way to obtain it being to fork up a considerable amount of gold?
    Granted, there is a nice amount of content to this game that users can familiarize themselves with, but kinda like what Lute was getting at, that requires investment. The average person on this side of the world might not be willing put in the effort to do that with all the worldly burdens they already have to carry. I can't say I run into any individuals that actually like MMORPGs wherever I go.

Then there's the player side with user generated content, which is probably not as significant, but I still feel is at least somewhat worth mentioning as I think it shows passion from the player community. It's the sort of thing I generally look out for. Maybe others that like to focus on the creative aspect would as well.
    Yes, we have the very rare contest encouraging user creativity. There's folks that draw a bit of fanart, sure. And maybe someone might make a funny Mabinogi-themed video every once in a while, but it feels so few and far between. It's just not enough to keep things fresh and exciting. Especially compared to Korea, where this stuff is being pumped out on a daily basis, where the player community actively creates those little seasonal art collab micro-sites where users get together to contribute their own piece, where there's blogs and guides dedicated to the game and still being updated. We just don't have that. It looks like there's not enough interest in providing.

As a final note, I don't think renewing/attracting newfound interest in the game is completely hopeless. This game has done just fine; it still sees new and returning players. Even so, there's hurdles across numerous fronts besides only advertising that would have to be addressed to get a sweeter result, should that sweeter result be within reach.

Personally, I just stopped reading once the political stuff gets thrown in. This is a thread about an MMORPG, why the heck would I wanna read about politics? lol
    But yeah, it seems that not many are interested in a good ol' MMORPG anymore or are too busy to get into it.
    I've seen friends online go from inactive to just not logging in at all and I think this is a big contribution to why they can't play.
    Any friends irl are immediately put off when I invite them to play with me too, though its mostly between the strength gap, being overwhelmed by like 20 things pushed into their face (G19 definitely being a part of it too), how to earn gold to get gud, etc... so I just stop even bothering recommending this game because 9/10 will stop playing anyway lol
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    ...Is that exactly your intention? I must know.
    I fixed it with an edit to put the «digressing» information into spoiler-format (hidden format), with some slightly additional information, but warranted remaining in the spoilers-section(s). Regarding what I intend, really, I think a lot of people put too much «blame» on things that aren't necessarily warranted, and, whilst there are certainly mistakes made by company/managers/designers/etc., that even I cannot objectively «cover» them for in a diplomatic manner, there are other under-lying factors as to why people might not get on-line or spend $$$ or are no longer coming on-line...
    (e.g.: think about how embarrassing it might be for some people to admit that they're just flat out dead broke, with hundreds of thousands of $$$ in college-debt that they have absolutely no way of being able to pay off in one life-time, and instead will just use NX as the «scape-goat» for why they won't even log-in or get on-line instead of admitting that they just no longer have the $$$ to be able to afford to even get on-line, even though all of these things were predicted a long time ago by America's founding fathers from whom I've quoted, and I just think that the American people have a right to know WHY they are in the «dire economic situation» that they're in, because Americans on average really aren't nearly as «rich» as much of the world seems to think that they are, thus being a more truthful reason as to why NX NA generates less than 2% revenues to NX as a whole, certainly chump change compared to NX KR, much as it might make me «unpopular» with U.S. Citizens whose egos get bruised just because I think U.S. incompetence has more to do with foreign-companies under-performing in U.S. regions than any so-called incompetence of those foreign-companies themselves [although I suppose I could go both ways...]).
    Sherri wrote: »
    because 9/10 will stop playing anyway lol
    Even if only 1/10 still continue even after 9/10 stopped, especially if it's been more than a year later, that's still a very high retention-rate, compared to the average game that gets released on any platform, difficult as that may be for some people to believe.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    anyone else like how everything he posts has some form of political garbage, or is kinda racist? I'm sure the last thing people want is branded masks, and unless nexon was donating them for free it'd look bad regardless.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 8, 2020
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    anyone else like how everything he posts has some form of political garbage, or is kinda racist? I'm sure the last thing people want is branded masks, and unless nexon was donating them for free it'd look bad regardless.

HOW is he racist? I could tell people to go get a job to solve their money problems and I would be called racist because I am being insensitive to their ethnic plight. People who would prefer to just get handouts and if you don't give them anything then you're considered a racist! It's bs!

So please, do enlighten me and everyone here. How is Habi racist? Tell us exactly how. C'mon zoomer. :|
    WolfsingerNilrem
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Crims wrote: »

HOW is he racist? I could tell people to go get a job to solve their money problems and I would be called racist because I am being insensitive to their ethnic plight. People who would prefer to just get handouts and if you don't give them anything then you're considered a racist! It's bs!

So please, do enlighten me and everyone here. How is Habi racist? Tell us exactly how. C'mon zoomer. :|

He's said this in another thread, and constantly has political crap in half of what he says

"Granted, that was during a time that was soon after my return from a semi-extended absence (thanks or perhaps no thanks to the fact that the USSA has become a modern day Gestapo deserving of Nuremberg Trials 2.0, and, unlike those people who call themselves Americans, the Chinese at least know that they are communist, but not to digress), "

So...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

He's said this in another thread, and constantly has political crap in half of what he says

"Granted, that was during a time that was soon after my return from a semi-extended absence (thanks or perhaps no thanks to the fact that the USSA has become a modern day Gestapo deserving of Nuremberg Trials 2.0, and, unlike those people who call themselves Americans, the Chinese at least know that they are communist, but not to digress), "

So...

Again, HOW is that racist? I think your problem is that you don't understand what he's talking about. Yeah it's political but it's FAR from racist. Learn the difference if you possibly can. I mean, the majority of Chinese live in China which is dominated by Communist Party of China (CPC). It's not racism, it's facts. lol.

Hey, do me a favor. Look up the definition for Baizuo. :D
    NilremWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited February 8, 2020
    Nationalities. Not race... considering how America is largely a melting pot of people from all different lands... what I mentioned was a closer comparison between one religion (belief-system) versus another religion (belief-system) rather than an ethnicity to another, and it's these «dogmatic-beliefs» that people like you have which I consider to be amongst the biggest cancers existing that plague society. The prophets (and I don't mean from the Divine Knights story-line either) have made their warnings, the public largely ignored/denied and/or pretended that the existence of the metaphorical-weeds could only have come from the minds of the mentally ill who need to be put on psychotropic-drugs
    (never-mind the fact that I could fill up these forums with literally thousands of case-law regarding the numerous law-suits against the psychotropic-drug-manufacturers, including even the U.S. DOJ slapping fines against AstraZeneca for literally HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of US$)
    , and the result...? The metaphorical-weeds are now «out of control» and people whom I regard as TRUE and real and genuinely «patriotic» Americans do what they can to protect society from those «predators» who have legalized their criminal-activities... perhaps you would like to listen to what this guy says and decide for yourself...? (See immediate following spoiler...)
    In fact, don't just merely listen and watch the video, but read the comments section, too.
    It is unfortunate that there cannot be any meaningful analysis/discussion about what affects the entire world and our ability to be able to enjoy a life of gaming if so few people are up-to-speed on the legalese, double-speak, euphemisms, and deceptive language that make the public think that the meaning of a word is what is used in common-parlance rather than how the LAW defines it,
    and when a «conspiracy» is proven, then it is NOT a «theory» but a factual «conspiracy» to Deprive You (and you and YOU) of your Rights Under Colour of Law (see 18 U.S. Code §§ 241-2). Law v/s Fact : You may have been driving, according to fact, but you also may not have been driving, according to LAW (minor example).

Personally, I want to be able to live in an honest world, where I don't have to worry about unscrupulous thieves/con-artists (such as cops) using my honesty against me in order to fraudulently entrap me and twisting my words around in order to claim that I admitted to committing some crime which I never did, and it is most certainly not a «conspiracy theory» when there are proven LIARS running the U.S. court-systems (which consist of over 50% of the entire world's lawyers by the way), and this next «spoiler» is only but ONE piece of supporting evidence out of numerous examples...
    All Courts are Common-Law Courts, and too many people were using this fact to win their cases, resulting in numerous judges complaining about it to the web-site, and they eventually got it removed from the web-site (an «official» U.S. government web-site by the way). Numerous Harvard-studies also reveal how «judges» on average retire as MULTI-MILLIONAIRES... a screen-shot of the original wording is shown below with relevant high-lights...
    wBZvykS.png
    sOPfxAR.png
    Yeah, they definitely don't want Common-Law, especially due to the fact that they all commit TREASON on a DAILY BASIS, because under the Common-Law they'd actually be PUT TO DEATH for what they're doing and have been doing, so they do anything and everything that can in a desperate attempt (or through «scare-tactics») to trick you into believing that «statutory law» somehow over-rides common-law, when in fact it is the Common-Law Jurisdiction that is superior to any «Statutory» Jurisdiction.

So...
    The way you respond is almost like you have some sort of chip on your shoulder (chip on shoulder is a metaphorical expression referring to constant anger) that might make some people think that you had something against me specifically, but this «tone» of yours seems to be rather habitual, and not just with me either. Don't worry, I'm not going to try and act like some sort of unscrupulous lawyer/prosecutor/corrupt-cop who's going to comb through 800+ pages of your posts/writings for the sole purpose of just to trying to «find» something to verbally «jab» you with, but I do intend to make a future thread/posting explaining the difference between fact v/s opinion, objective v/s subjective, and humans v/s elves. In fact, there's even a human-compare-to-elves thread on the KR forums right now. Check it out !

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/community/free_view.asp?id=19026&category=0
    (Approximate Translation : Isn't the difference too big? At least give me the option to change race...)
    CrimsọnNilrem
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited February 8, 2020
    What's more concerning is that by re-posting that, you just made him go on a longer tirade about it, further derailing the original topic. Bringing it up was counterproductive.

Habimaru wrote: »
    I fixed it with an edit to put the «digressing» information into spoiler-format (hidden format), with some slightly additional information, but warranted remaining in the spoilers-section(s). Regarding what I intend, really, I think a lot of people put too much «blame» on things that aren't necessarily warranted, and, whilst there are certainly mistakes made by company/managers/designers/etc., that even I cannot objectively «cover» them for in a diplomatic manner, there are other under-lying factors as to why people might not get on-line or spend $$$ or are no longer coming on-line...
    (e.g.: think about how embarrassing it might be for some people to admit that they're just flat out dead broke, with hundreds of thousands of $$$ in college-debt that they have absolutely no way of being able to pay off in one life-time, and instead will just use NX as the «scape-goat» for why they won't even log-in or get on-line instead of admitting that they just no longer have the $$$ to be able to afford to even get on-line, even though all of these things were predicted a long time ago by America's founding fathers from whom I've quoted, and I just think that the American people have a right to know WHY they are in the «dire economic situation» that they're in, because Americans on average really aren't nearly as «rich» as much of the world seems to think that they are, thus being a more truthful reason as to why NX NA generates less than 2% revenues to NX as a whole, certainly chump change compared to NX KR, much as it might make me «unpopular» with U.S. Citizens whose egos get bruised just because I think U.S. incompetence has more to do with foreign-companies under-performing in U.S. regions than any so-called incompetence of those foreign-companies themselves [although I suppose I could go both ways...]).[/spoiler]

Bold text for the relevant point of the post. Please consider keeping the less-needed details (crossed-out text) out in your future posts.

---And wait, what. What you're getting at is that (hypothetically) a percentage of the population may not be logging in/spending $$$ because they cannot afford to (due to worldly burdens). However, when asked why, they could just respond with "well, I can't/don't want to log in anymore because NX made me not want to" blaming NX to cover it up?
    While it's not impossible, it seems just as probable that the "some" you're mentioning may not be logging in for a myriad of other reasons. If those reasons do pertain to the company, it's likely that the customers were dissatisfied with the service NX provided them (or did not provide, at that) or they really felt the "greed" and "pushy cash shop model" (reasons I previously mentioned I saw) in its games.

...or I completely misunderstood your post. e_e
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Least you're more on track than some people randomly claiming racism. smhlol.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    edited February 9, 2020
    who's going to comb through 800+ pages of your posts/writings
    So a single post from you?

but I do intend to make a future thread/posting explaining the difference between fact v/s opinion, objective v/s subjective, and humans v/s elves. In fact, there's even a human-compare-to-elves thread on the KR forums right now

Please don't. You don't even know how to compare the races, let alone test it. Also I'm not dealing with google translateified post on KR forums. You're also changing the topic entirely. Human vs elf isn't the same debate as human archery vs elf archery.
    Least you're more on track than some people randomly claiming racism. smhlol.

Aren't you the person that's blacklisted from the majority of guilds for causing drama wherever you go? I don't really feel like being lectured by a gacha whale today.
    GretaChaosShadow
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited February 9, 2020
    Aren't you the person that's blacklisted from the majority of guilds for causing drama wherever you go? I don't really feel like being lectured by a gacha whale today.

Aren't you the person that resorts to personal attacks instead of actual facts and evidence and makes claims for things that don't exist to try to rally people's likes to attempt to gain a faint sense of superiority?

I mean you really can't say much after you began to say incorrect information last topic. Even going so far as to ask for stats you've already seen, to getting to see them, and then acting like you had high stats yourself only to get something as basic as the MA average wrong.
    Habi Jr, I deem thee.

Although your past many posts have pretty much 100% been attempts to belittle, insult, or frame Habi in some manner.
    The objective is very clear here, you don't seem to even care much for the topic at hand.
    In fact, the topic was going smoothly on its own course up until you posted a post that did nothing but once again do nothing but aggressively belittle Habi once again for how he types.
    Its been done to death already, we get it.
    It isn't like you read people's entire posts anyway considering you told a Phantasm Breaker that Has really good phantasm times that they didn't understand phantasm.

You are just trying to derail topics for no reason but to go after Habi at this point.
    Cease.
    But considering its you, I'll be sure to expect some form of insult instead.
    WolfsingerChaosShadow
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    "considering you told a Phantasm Breaker that Has really good phantasm times that they didn't understand phantasm."
    Wut

You really can't derail habi involved topics either, and his MA is still low.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    "considering you told a Phantasm Breaker that Has really good phantasm times that they didn't understand phantasm."
    Wut

You really can't derail habi involved topics either, and his MA is still low.

You know, when the phantasm breaker that uses guns and chains tried to call off your phantasm claims but you only looked at the "uses guns and chains" part and dismissed it as a form of moveset imagination.
    You know, because the only factor to you was clearly that they weren't against Habi.

As well as you calling the MA 20 below the borderline capped INT average "low" when literally every magic user ever knows that stat MA isn't even a factor and that the yellow value and gear/title amount is what matters, with Habi entering the 500 range with a bit more boost.
    Which is even on that level, average.
    And even then it was more than high enough for the content you were trying to disprove.

But hey, since you decided to call out that calling you out for derailing a topic is in its own form "derailment", I'll even be on topic this post.

Except congrats, the topic was pretty much over and done after Lute and Fluor's posts.
    No really, everything that has to be said is already said. In fact, this topic was more than likely about to just sink into the abyss of general discussion because of how answered everything was.
    And then you showed up. Because you just had to insult Habi over something in a previous topic. Something that was proven to not even be a thing yet the only way you could attempt to deflect it was by again, tossing a derailing insult.

Other people can prove Habi wrong just fine while remaining Civil and not bringing up past topic points for no reason but to belittle.
    At this point our conversation is pretty much an intervention.
    Where Habi needs to use less Text, you need to get points across without insulting people.

I'll be back later to see if you make any progress on that front.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 9, 2020
    Oh my, never thought i will stumble on this while actually eating popcorn. Nice coincidence.
    ChaosShadow
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited February 9, 2020
    Okay... noted... I will work on seeing what I can do about it in the future.
    What's more concerning is that by re-posting that, you just made him go on a longer tirade about it, further derailing the original topic. Bringing it up was counterproductive.
    (e.g.: think about how embarrassing it might be for some people to admit that they're just flat out dead broke, with hundreds of thousands of $$$ in college-debt that they have absolutely no way of being able to pay off in one life-time, and instead will just use NX as the «scape-goat» for why they won't even log-in or get on-line instead of admitting that they just no longer have the $$$ to be able to afford to even get on-line, even though all of these things were predicted a long time ago by America's founding fathers from whom I've quoted, and I just think that the American people have a right to know WHY they are in the «dire economic situation» that they're in, because Americans on average really aren't nearly as «rich» as much of the world seems to think that they are, thus being a more truthful reason as to why NX NA generates less than 2% revenues to NX as a whole, certainly chump change compared to NX KR, much as it might make me «unpopular» with U.S. Citizens whose egos get bruised just because I think U.S. incompetence has more to do with foreign-companies under-performing in U.S. regions than any so-called incompetence of those foreign-companies themselves [although I suppose it could go both ways...]).
    Bold text for the relevant point of the post. Please consider keeping the less-needed details (crossed-out text) out in your future posts.

---And wait, what. What you're getting at is that (hypothetically) a percentage of the population may not be logging in/spending $$$ because they cannot afford to (due to worldly burdens). However, when asked why, they could just respond with "well, I can't/don't want to log in anymore because NX made me not want to" blaming NX to cover it up?
    While it's not impossible, it seems just as probable that the "some" you're mentioning may not be logging in for a myriad of other reasons. If those reasons do pertain to the company, it's likely that the customers were dissatisfied with the service NX provided them (or did not provide, at that) or they really felt the "greed" and "pushy cash shop model" (reasons I previously mentioned I saw) in its games.

...or I completely misunderstood your post. e_e
    Nah, even I can recognise that I may have over-dramatized things a bit, but one piece of «advice» that anybody who plans/choose to work for Nexon (or any Korean company for that matter) needs to know... that you are best off learning how to speak Korean before even applying for any job position with said Korean-company. Also, I am aware of GlassDoor reviews by former (potentially disgruntled) employees, and I can tell you for a fact that «dogmatic management» also largely exists even with Japanese companies (whom I'd say has an even more «rigid» culture than the Koreans!!).
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh my, never thought i will stumble on this while actually eating popcorn. Nice coincidence.
    I am too full to eat any more right now but you do seem to be a good sport here on this one. Even if you are not participating, I had not responded properly to some of your previous posts (from other threads) before, because they really made me concerned about you (yes they did). Sometimes you just... need a good massage... I would be more-than-happy to help you out in the name of good sportsmanship... *starts reaching out for Greta's chest...* (see spoiler for context... some of which even parallels a bit with what's going on in this thread...! xD)
    8iwXTwn.png
    BxqIUvY.png
    aHiRDRs.png
    Sh16S2Y.png
    M8QygvT.png
    blNMpi0.png
    RmGzooG.png
    Cx9VTHp.png
    h6FT9jW.png
    K93G1WZ.png
    gGIhF7x.png
    S0d1hMS.png
    Anyway, back to thread-topic, related to SEO/advertising, whilst Business «Reputation» is certainly nearly everything to a Business (or at least one of the Most-Important things), even MicroSoft had a bad rep for a long time, such as not really knowing how to code (which they kind of didn't; at least not without being full of bugs & glitches), and being a greedy company (which they kind of were), and horrible customer-support (more like [nearly] non-existent), MS has still managed to hold the «monopoly» over the O/S market. What other alternative are most people going to go to other than Apple? Sure, Linux exists, but the vast majority of the world-population still isn't familiar with it.

Also, were I to be a so-called «disgruntled former employee» (related to other thread about Black-Hats), I most-certainly wouldn't «waste my time» on targeting Nexon/Mabinogi, but would simply work towards developing a «classless MMORPG» and «advertising company» of my own after determining a good team of people to put together to develop such a project (which would put me and my business on the scene as a potential competitor; Nexon still has an advantage of being both simultaneously a publisher and a developer though... disadvantages probably have more to do with cultural-differences but I will double-check that on the Korean-language side reviews later on for verification). If that many people are «unhappy» with the «monopoly/dominant» title, due to the game/title itself being so bad (and/or company reputation), then it should be pretty easy to «win over» what businesses refer to as «loyal customers» provided that all elements of good business-practices are always exercised...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 9, 2020
    I'm starting to think that Bliss and Habi are the same people... Creepy.
    ChaosShadow