Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Statues Disappear too quick

i1derwhoi1derwho
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited February 13, 2020 in Bugs and Glitches
I have been having an issue while trying to find artifacts. Some statues will quickly disappear after having been found giving me no time to click on them let alone get any artifacts from them. Others will last a bit longer but not long enough to harvest any artifacts.

Edit:

This seems to only be happening to me in the Herba Jungle.

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited February 13, 2020
    That is most likely not a bug, or glitch, but the issue is with how (poorly) that stuff works. Every single artifact is on a universal timer, and all will despawn I think it is every minute(it has been a long time since I done it in Herba). So for example if you happen to say find an artifact 55 seconds after the global despawn it will despawn in 5 seconds, if you find it 5 seconds after the global despawn it will stay around 55 seconds.

Back when I used to look for artifacts I would have a stopwatch, and watch the time, and look for artifacts till I heard the 4 beeps, and if I was within 20 seconds of the reset I would wait till the respawn timer would lapse till I uncovered them so I would have longer to do what I needed to.

FWIW it has been an issue pretty much since Iria was added and I doubt they will do anything.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Correct - for whatever reason, all the statues and chests in the Courcle region are on the same 60 second timer.

It would still be great if they could fix it by adding 1 minute to each artifact before the timer takes them down, so we could have 1-2 mins to kill monsters for keys/gather whatever we can from the statues. Poorly-designed mechanics might as well be bugs, no one wants them and we don't have to keep them around.
  • MaerLaMicheMaerLaMiche
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Eralea wrote: »
    Correct - for whatever reason, all the statues and chests in the Courcle region are on the same 60 second timer.

It would still be great if they could fix it by adding 1 minute to each artifact before the timer takes them down, so we could have 1-2 mins to kill monsters for keys/gather whatever we can from the statues. Poorly-designed mechanics might as well be bugs, no one wants them and we don't have to keep them around.

Like Eralea said, this has been around for a long time and is just something to get used to. I'm an avid explorer and I just get used to it, no matter how irritating it is.