Check out the patch notes for the July 16th update, P.E.T. Part 1: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23332/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need mysterious reforges

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
Posts: 1,066
Member
in General Chat
Now with the NX bots being cut down, can we finally get mysterious reforges?

For those who don't know, they're basically a fine reforge that costs 20k ducats but you can only buy 3 per day. Reforges are going to get crazy expensive, and already finished gear is going to skyrocket even more. There's absolutely no downside to us having them as whales will still be whales it just makes the playing field a little more fair for less fortunate players.

Pros:
Commerce becomes a thing again
Free reforges
Reforged gear is less expensive

Cons:
None
TiroChaosShadowAlshianRadiant Dawnstarkiller1286
  1. Do you think adding mysterious reforges is a good idea?30 votes
    1. Yes!
       90% (27 votes)
    2. No!
       10% (3 votes)

Comments

  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    It isn't a perfect full fix, but it would allow more people to work on their gear.

    And hey, an actual reason to commerce.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Nilrem wrote: »
    It isn't a perfect full fix, but it would allow more people to work on their gear.

    And hey, an actual reason to commerce.

    a good fix would be this plus lowering cost of reforges in NX. Almost 2$ for a single reforge :Yikes:
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    It isn't a perfect full fix, but it would allow more people to work on their gear.

    And hey, an actual reason to commerce.

    a good fix would be this plus lowering cost of reforges in NX. Almost 2$ for a single reforge :Yikes:

    That.....isn't what I mean.

    The Mysterious Reforges, AFAIK, can't add lines and might not even be able to rank up items. If they can, then its probably a lower rate.

    The other reforges would still be needed when working on gear, however the main help of Mysterious Reforges is the ability to roll for a proper reforge with greater ease.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,540
    Posts: 6,738
    Member
    Removing reforges sounds like even a better idea.
    LiberateJJDragoolfireGaby5011PinkiesandwichRadiant DawnSherriSollTreesServillius
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Removing reforges sounds like even a better idea.

    Yes, clearly removing what people have spent hundreds of billions of gold on overall for no reason will clearly solve every single problem without any kind of backlash instead of actually attempting to salvage or fix the reforge system as a whole.
    FOXAssassinMaia
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,980
    Posts: 3,257
    Member
    If they made prices fall a LOT slower, I'd be willing to live with more bandits; maybe even more UNFAIR bandits.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,790
    Posts: 2,816
    Member
    If these became a thing here, I feel like there'd be a resurgence of commerce activity, maybe even rivaling when commerce first became a thing.
    That'd be pretty neat to see.
    FOXAssassin
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,540
    Posts: 6,738
    Member
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Removing reforges sounds like even a better idea.

    Yes, clearly removing what people have spent hundreds of billions of gold on overall for no reason will clearly solve every single problem without any kind of backlash instead of actually attempting to salvage or fix the reforge system as a whole.

    Aww, you party pooper.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    It isn't a perfect full fix, but it would allow more people to work on their gear.

    And hey, an actual reason to commerce.

    a good fix would be this plus lowering cost of reforges in NX. Almost 2$ for a single reforge :Yikes:

    That.....isn't what I mean.

    The Mysterious Reforges, AFAIK, can't add lines and might not even be able to rank up items. If they can, then its probably a lower rate.

    The other reforges would still be needed when working on gear, however the main help of Mysterious Reforges is the ability to roll for a proper reforge with greater ease.

    ah right, afaik they can rank up just at a really low rate, though getting extra lines would still be credne. Still though, I'd really like if we could at least roll for a good reforge because that's the more expensive part.
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    Posts: 26
    Member
    They have worse reforge rolls as well, but something is better than nothing.
    FOXAssassin
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    Posts: 190
    Member
    They need to redo the reforge system entirely honestly. Simply adding a new reforge isn't enough. The entire system is broken and needs an overhaul. Since the game in current years has mostly relied on people having these OP reforges, those of us that don't have them are getting left behind.
    FOXAssassin
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Squee wrote: »
    They need to redo the reforge system entirely honestly. Simply adding a new reforge isn't enough. The entire system is broken and needs an overhaul. Since the game in current years has mostly relied on people having these OP reforges, those of us that don't have them are getting left behind.

    That's the point of this thread though, you can't cut out anyone who isn't geared yet because not only are reforges going to go up, ALL nx items will enchant prots etc. Reforges are just a step, and since we won't get any NA exclusive things, I feel that pushing for these will at least make it tolerable and it'd be easy for NA to do.
    FOXAssassin
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,494
    Member
    Commerce bots will just make it harder for everyone else tanking the trading rates. I think dungeon drops/SMs should be another alternative add-on. Or a daily quest line.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Commerce bots will just make it harder for everyone else tanking the trading rates. I think dungeon drops/SMs should be another alternative add-on. Or a daily quest line.

    Commerce bots made it good, they only took the cheap items making the prices of the higher tier stuff way more valuable. Commerce died when the bots died, because it's a flawed system.
    BlissfulkillFOXAssassin
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Are you just too poor to buy reforges?
    Greta
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,990
    Posts: 96
    Member
    I'd love to see (any) reforges in the commerce shop. Hek, I'd love to see reforges make their way into the game in other earn-able ways BESIDES the rarely seen events (and the obvious p2w).

    I see a fairly large problem though with putting reforges into the commerce shop; With excess numbers of people spamming commerce runs, ducat payouts will drop. I'm sure on the Nao server within a few hours this would really start to be noticeable. There's only so many towns we can use as commerce points, and with the amount of players that would be doing it, the whole system would have to be changed so we could all continually take part. I'd really love a more thought out concept to commercing, one with more options to earn ducats besides the running back and forth from town to town. It would be nice if we could have tiers that would gradually increase which would give us things like walking speed boosts, extra ducats, or bonus ducats depending on tasks we complete along the way. It's so monotonous the way it was originally set up that I rarely did it. I'd love a revamp of the commerce shop to reflect better prices.
    FOXAssassinSherri
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 133
    Member
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    Are you just too poor to buy reforges?

    I cannot speak for Hellkaizer, but why does that even matter? I know that I am. I would say that a lot of players are. Why? Because a lot of us are not whales and a lot of us do not have the free time required to earn the gold in-game via no-life grinding. If you actually read what Hellkaizer had posted, you would not have felt the need to ask such a pointless question.

    The prices on reforges, and other NX items as mentioned, are completely unacceptable right now. They should be unacceptable to everyone whether you are rich enough to buy the things or not.

    I would love to have those Mysterious Reforges, even if they are just lackluster variants of the Fine Reforging Tools. At least with those I could get something nice on my gear eventually rather than continuing to sit around with most of the hot garbage reforges that I currently have.
    FOXAssassinSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,730
    Posts: 7,465
    Member
    The cons are less money for NA.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,745
    Posts: 1,226
    Member
    edited February 15
    This should of been added from the start...KR had this, so why not NA too?

    Or is it going to be the always typical Nexon?

    I have no idea why NA lack what KR have, perhaps shedding some light as much as you can will help, eh...clear things up? Remaining silent can hurt your ever shrinking reputation as a gaming company at least to me... O 3o

    So we ask, Why do Mysterious Reforges still yet to appear in commerce ducat shop after some years when KR had this feature from the start?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,494
    Member
    edited February 15
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    Commerce bots will just make it harder for everyone else tanking the trading rates. I think dungeon drops/SMs should be another alternative add-on. Or a daily quest line.

    Commerce bots made it good, they only took the cheap items making the prices of the higher tier stuff way more valuable. Commerce died when the bots died, because it's a flawed system.

    Back when I used to spam commerce...Lovely potion was a nightmare to get any because of commerce bots. And Wine rack depreciated so fast as well. I hated spending 15-20mins trips for only half the original profits.

    I'm sure given an enticing enuf reason and the bad apples will start to ruin it again for everyone. :(

    Revamping commerce system should be first before featuring any f2p exclusive power creeps enabling item to the trade.