Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

g24 part2 feedback/thoughts/stuff/spoilers

dowiedowie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
in General Chat
Needless to say if you haven't done it spoilers would be abound likely. Overall I was pretty pleased with it. Overall difficulty for the most part wasn't bad at all. There were any survive-for-10-minutes type of deals. Some of the missions were a bit on the absurd level like the options for the stealth mission.
The King Incubus encounter wasn't too bad. My only real complaint is if you lack the consumable needed to counter his mechanic you are screwed. I felt he was pretty tanky but divine link was really overpowered for him like most bosses. I do like discovering more about the characters!

Now for the final boss. Let's go over this thing.
The layout is the royal courtyard of rath castle which is pretty spacious. There's some broken carts and such and a tree on the right side.
On the 4 corners are the geatas or whatever they're called. They respawn black order peoples. They DO NOT overspawn the black order peoples.
The mission notice says to take them out. They have a lot of hp!
Of course the boss itself is a giant dragon on fire. I like it's design. Thumbs up to the artist!

The black order minions come in an assortment of 3 types. Caster / Melee/ Ranged. Honestly they don't pose a threat in this fight.
Caster - Snap cast / Thunder/Firebolt / Lightning bolt ( i think) / out of the 3 they can be the only one that just might be a threat.
melee - bash / smash
ranged - i think magnum shot? didnt really notice much

You get all the people you save in addition to the aces present that assist you. Also giants/elves spawn periodically to assist. They are all but useless honestly. The aces will revive periodically.

Now the dragon.
lunge attack- it does a mini leap forward which hits for around 1500ish ? probably closer to 2kish. If you get hit you get knocked back even with heavy stander. You get put in hit recovery for awhile. You can get infinite combo'd by this and will likely die if you get hit.
frontal cleave - does around 750kish from my experience. Less deadly but still like lunge will knock back/force hit recovery.
180 degree tail swipe - frontal cleave is 180 in the front , tail swipe is 180 in the back. This one hurts as much as the lunge and just like the other skills it knocks back and forces hit recovery.
roar - freezes you for a few seconds and summons meteors which do 1500-4kish. A circle appears where they are going to land and a patch of burning fire appears for a little while which does around 150 or so per tick if you stand in it.
flight - flies in up air and runs in a line to breath fire. This usually does around 8-10k and the area where it breathes fire will also leave behind a very long path of burning ground that ticks for about 100 or so per tick. You get hit you nearly 100% die as you land in the fire and burn to death. It seems to roar as well but doesn't cause meteors.

The npcs are all but irrelevant .They constantly just die or get hit recover locked in fire but they at times to serve to mess around and keep aggro on stray black moon peoples.
The black moon peoples are largely irrelevant as they just stand close to the geatas.

You get 100 minutes to do this mission. Seems like a lot!

So how does this fight go?
I'd say roughly 75% of the fight the dragon will just fly around breathing fire and freezing you every few seconds. Very fun. The black order guys just really do nothing and there is zero point in taking out those Geata. The only real method for me was to bait the dragon when it finally decides to land and actually move to you because for some reason it likes to just stand in it's own fire and summon meteors. To bait the dragon you just wait for it to lunge at you but don't let it get too close. When it's close enough for you to close the gap you run in and deal some damage. At any point you get hit by it's attacks you'll probably die because this is a fun fight!

This fight wasn't fun. At any point the dragon decides to hit me I'd just get recovery locked into death as there isn't anything you can do about it. I'd sit there just waiting on it to land because for some reason it just feels like it wants to fly for 5 minutes. There is also some serious desyncing due to the sheer amount of freezes this boss puts out. It's just very unfair with no real skill involved. I really hated this fight but I still finished it. It was just frustrating. Nothing even comes close to it honestly.

tl:dr
Pretty good part 2 with exception of last boss.
dragon likes to fly around and freeze you for a long time. If it ever lands a hit you will likely end up dead. Ignore everything else because they are irrelevant to the fight. Worst boss fight ever.
Thanks for reading and I'll say it again. This boss is trash.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Without giving anything away, I was so happy with how they handled this part of G24. Except for the Incubus King, he was a little difficult even with the Dream Lights (the above-mentioned consumable) that I think counters the Fear status that makes you walk in the opposite direction you click and not able to use skills. Bring a lot of Nao Stones for him. I burned through like 25 with him. Anyway, if spoilers are behind tags. Click at your own risk.

I was honestly surprised with this story. I ran into something I didn't expect and I was overjoyed by it happening. If you're up-to-date with the generations, you probably know what I'm talking about.
    MILLIA'S AWAKE!
    I honestly didn't expect to be so happy about it, but given the past generations, it weighed on my mind a bit.

Also,
    Murielle commenting on how the Order of the Black Moon screwed up by attacking Filia because it made Maike angry was hilarious. Honestly, when he showed up all angry and starting bickering with Cethlenn, I was cackling. Those two are like angry cats. XD

I still have to beat the final boss mentioned above, but I'm amassing like 100 Nao Stones (REMEMBER SAGA COUPONS EXISTS PEOPLE) before I go after him.
    KingEphy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 15, 2020
    Piran and Talvish should go bowling. I think they would make a cute couple. :smirk:

And we don't have to censor ourselves here. You put 'spoilers' in the title of this thread. If someone clicks on this thread and gets upset, WELL THAT'S ON THEM. People were getting upset with me when I was dropping little spoilers here and there. Bleep off. I completed g24 and now I want to talk about it. 9dnGeIh.png

Don't like it? GO AWAY.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    There was a lot of story to go through but I did enjoy it a lot. The incubus king mostly did trivial damage while aggro'd on pet but sometimes I guess he'd snapcast a firebolt or something and kill it. If it was going back I'd just run to the side of the dungeon and crisis escape which would cause him to run back to the center. He doesn't aggro that far away which is really nice.
    The stealth mission had some pretty funny moments though I felt if you choose a wrong choice that caused guards to spawn they were a bit overtuned. Still you can just lure them behind a wall and kill them one by one so not a huge deal.
    The build up to the bigger war fights in the end were pretty fun that is until the dragon.
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    The generation as a whole, part 2 final boss excluded, was fine. I enjoyed it overall, despite skipping through most of the dialogue. I appreciated the hints they give after a failed “type the answer” guess for people like me who speed through the conversations.
    Ah, but that final boss.
    No amount of words that are clean enough for these forums could fully encapsulate how much I despise this trash fire of a boss. Pun partially intended.

I respect that they allow others to join you, and that they encourage it. But I didn’t come all this way solo to suddenly turn to others for help. Besides, having more people in the fight just means more people that have to suffer through that BS. It’s not like the Glas fight of G1 final of the olden days, where the general populace who didnt rebirth or rebirthed infrequently had to team up to kill it- one to kill the mobs that spawn, one to make campfires to burn the seals and function as a flex role, and one to keep Glas himself busy. This dragon just stuns you to high hell with eight lunges in a row, and if you still arent dead by then, he flies up and becomes untargetable to do it all again. And thats just one of the very many things he likes to do to make your life miserable.

This slogfest took me an hour to solo, and im not sure I would have been able to if I wasnt a giant. Large shield defense was the MVP, but even with that I used two balloons for revives. I cant begin to imagine how anyone else dealt with this repulsive fight in a reasonable manner, even in a party.

Was testing not a part of this generation? Good lord.

The dragon was cool looking though. Good job designing that part of him, I guess.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'm still @ the flipping puzzle 2(?) generation ago. Can we make this skippable or nerf it now?

/feedback
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'm still @ the flipping puzzle 2(?) generation ago. Can we make this skippable or nerf it now?

/feedback

They figure we can do those blind by now. I sure can't.

And yeah, going solo against the ABYSS FLAME DRAGON was a nightmare I don't recommend anyone to put themselves through. seemed more tolerable with even just one other person. Thank goodness for revival balloons. I used maybe 10 to 15 of them in that infernal battle.

Kudos to them giving us a battle where we team up with more than just NPCs. and MEGA-KUDOS to them making our NPC allies respawn after defeat. I can't emphasize enough how much I appreciate that function.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited February 17, 2020
    dowie wrote: »
    Needless to say if you haven't done it spoilers would be abound likely. Overall I was pretty pleased with it. Overall difficulty for the most part wasn't bad at all. There were any survive-for-10-minutes type of deals. Some of the missions were a bit on the absurd level like the options for the stealth mission.
    The King Incubus encounter wasn't too bad. My only real complaint is if you lack the consumable needed to counter his mechanic you are screwed. I felt he was pretty tanky but divine link was really overpowered for him like most bosses. I do like discovering more about the characters!

Now for the final boss. Let's go over this thing.
    The layout is the royal courtyard of rath castle which is pretty spacious. There's some broken carts and such and a tree on the right side.
    On the 4 corners are the geatas or whatever they're called. They respawn black order peoples. They DO NOT overspawn the black order peoples.
    The mission notice says to take them out. They have a lot of hp!
    Of course the boss itself is a giant dragon on fire. I like it's design. Thumbs up to the artist!

The black order minions come in an assortment of 3 types. Caster / Melee/ Ranged. Honestly they don't pose a threat in this fight.
    Caster - Snap cast / Thunder/Firebolt / Lightning bolt ( i think) / out of the 3 they can be the only one that just might be a threat.
    melee - bash / smash
    ranged - i think magnum shot? didnt really notice much

You get all the people you save in addition to the aces present that assist you. Also giants/elves spawn periodically to assist. They are all but useless honestly. The aces will revive periodically.

Now the dragon.
    lunge attack- it does a mini leap forward which hits for around 1500ish ? probably closer to 2kish. If you get hit you get knocked back even with heavy stander. You get put in hit recovery for awhile. You can get infinite combo'd by this and will likely die if you get hit.
    frontal cleave - does around 750kish from my experience. Less deadly but still like lunge will knock back/force hit recovery.
    180 degree tail swipe - frontal cleave is 180 in the front , tail swipe is 180 in the back. This one hurts as much as the lunge and just like the other skills it knocks back and forces hit recovery.
    roar - freezes you for a few seconds and summons meteors which do 1500-4kish. A circle appears where they are going to land and a patch of burning fire appears for a little while which does around 150 or so per tick if you stand in it.
    flight - flies in up air and runs in a line to breath fire. This usually does around 8-10k and the area where it breathes fire will also leave behind a very long path of burning ground that ticks for about 100 or so per tick. You get hit you nearly 100% die as you land in the fire and burn to death. It seems to roar as well but doesn't cause meteors.

The npcs are all but irrelevant .They constantly just die or get hit recover locked in fire but they at times to serve to mess around and keep aggro on stray black moon peoples.
    The black moon peoples are largely irrelevant as they just stand close to the geatas.

You get 100 minutes to do this mission. Seems like a lot!

So how does this fight go?
    I'd say roughly 75% of the fight the dragon will just fly around breathing fire and freezing you every few seconds. Very fun. The black order guys just really do nothing and there is zero point in taking out those Geata. The only real method for me was to bait the dragon when it finally decides to land and actually move to you because for some reason it likes to just stand in it's own fire and summon meteors. To bait the dragon you just wait for it to lunge at you but don't let it get too close. When it's close enough for you to close the gap you run in and deal some damage. At any point you get hit by it's attacks you'll probably die because this is a fun fight!

This fight wasn't fun. At any point the dragon decides to hit me I'd just get recovery locked into death as there isn't anything you can do about it. I'd sit there just waiting on it to land because for some reason it just feels like it wants to fly for 5 minutes. There is also some serious desyncing due to the sheer amount of freezes this boss puts out. It's just very unfair with no real skill involved. I really hated this fight but I still finished it. It was just frustrating. Nothing even comes close to it honestly.

tl:dr
    Pretty good part 2 with exception of last boss.
    dragon likes to fly around and freeze you for a long time. If it ever lands a hit you will likely end up dead. Ignore everything else because they are irrelevant to the fight. Worst boss fight ever.
    Thanks for reading and I'll say it again. This boss is trash.

Pretty spacious? I guess, if you don't mind everything that can (and will) block your view.

And spacious places are where devs LOVE to send choking lag into.
    KingEphy wrote: »

Kudos to them giving us a battle where we team up with more than just NPCs. and MEGA-KUDOS to them making our NPC allies respawn after defeat. I can't emphasize enough how much I appreciate that function.

That.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Without giving anything away, I was so happy with how they handled this part of G24. Except for the Incubus King, he was a little difficult even with the Dream Lights (the above-mentioned consumable) that I think counters the Fear status that makes you walk in the opposite direction you click and not able to use skills. Bring a lot of Nao Stones for him. I burned through like 25 with him. Anyway, if spoilers are behind tags. Click at your own risk.

I was honestly surprised with this story. I ran into something I didn't expect and I was overjoyed by it happening. If you're up-to-date with the generations, you probably know what I'm talking about.
    MILLIA'S AWAKE!
    I honestly didn't expect to be so happy about it, but given the past generations, it weighed on my mind a bit.

Also,
    Murielle commenting on how the Order of the Black Moon screwed up by attacking Filia because it made Maike angry was hilarious. Honestly, when he showed up all angry and starting bickering with Cethlenn, I was cackling. Those two are like angry cats. XD

I still have to beat the final boss mentioned above, but I'm amassing like 100 Nao Stones (REMEMBER SAGA COUPONS EXISTS PEOPLE) before I go after him.

Guardian Stones are better, since they give you ten seconds of pure invulnerability.

Helps with all the cheap-ass tricks the dragon uses.... which is literally every move it can use.
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »

Was testing not a part of this generation? Good lord.

Nexon: This word you use, "testing". What does it mean?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited February 17, 2020
    Accidental double-post. Ignore.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    I actually had a blast beating the G24 boss. In my opinion they should have pulled a G19 and put two dragons in there instead of just one.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Easy just annoying.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 18, 2020
    Leinei wrote: »
    MILLIA'S AWAKE!

OH....

giphy.gif

I'll be honest, I think all dragons, and I mean all dragons, are the most annoying enemies in the game. Mabinogi is not Vindictus, nor is it Bayonetta or Nier Automata. Chasing after something in Mabinogi is one of the worst experiences in gaming.

Watching something fly repeatedly while you just sit around...is annoying. Tedious, even.

Heck, the only reason that White and Black Dragon are bearable is because they're just giant sandbags with minions.
    KagaPlatinaKokiCrimsọn
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 19, 2020
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    The dragon was cool looking though. Good job designing that part of him, I guess.

Nexon: "He was infuriating and terrifying when you fought him at the end of Generation 24, but now you can take to your homestead a smaller and cuter version of the Abyss Flame Dragon with our new G24 Pet Gachapon!"

Tani: "Oh, so the second part of G24 was a big fat advert like it was with the Aces, huh?"

Merlin: "Well, I do look good, don't I? Plus, look at these knuckles I made!"

Everyone: " <3 "

Me: "Don't we have enough dragon pets already?"
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    The dragon was just 90% waiting around for him to land and drop meteors so I could hit him. :S Just a waiting game! With occasional potion chugging and fire dodging..
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited February 20, 2020
    7 tips
    1. Do not solo until you max out all stats lv 10 dampen shock as an elf and be sure to have the requirements to use it asap.
    2. Do not solo g24 finale boss bring 2 people at least as an elf humans have final hit giants can solo with reforges and gears... and don't waste guardian soulstones or nao stones 55 times if this is the case when you solo as an elf.... I had got 6 more guard stones and used 2 balloons and 2 guard stones and did it with 2 other people
    3. Bring a dead Pegasus to when summoned it still heals petrify but I think sheeptuplets when alive can do this correct me if i'm wrong
    4. Bring a person who finished g11 Balor can lose defense and protection from brionac like black dragon and white dragon but its limited to the portals
    5. Make sure to have pets like bone dragon and mir alive before summoned that defense proc helps a lot
    6. If you have final hit+brionac thats shock use it brionac is 2h and well they buffed final hit so humans can solo it more then giants and elves this gen empowers humans more then giants and elves for damage

EDIT:
    7. Divine link r1 isn't possible the dragon hits a fixed amount of damage+its aoe box in a lot of his skills even hit both you and your pet divine link is not an option but focus on debuffs and being unpetrifing for this fight its what you have to do to win (Elf, giant, human MORE ELF THEN EVERYTHING ELSE.)
    Thats all I know