Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FWD] G24 Part 2 - typos and other text mistakes

XCalibieXCalibie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
edited June 16, 2020 in Forwarded Bugs
I probably didn't screenshot all of them, but here's a start:

When entering the Chief's House in Filia, you are speaking to Castanea, yet the text says you are speaking to Murielle:
1EGcM2K.png

During your first visit to Cor Village, some of the female residents were given male pronouns:
W7vKe6g.png
eNDlkmu.png

In a conversation with the Incubus King, he says "Seh" instead of "She", at one point:
uNKVGqq.png

When revisiting Cor Village with Starlet, the object on the ground is being described as being "a little damage", when this should be, "a little damaged":
Cs4eYCQ.png

In a discussion with Merlin nearing the end of the story, he says "siad" instead of "said":
azGYfoD.png

During the last quest, Piran's explanation contains a stray ">" - symbol:
XBTG2Yj.png

That's all I have.

IGN: Snowie
Server: Nao

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This is so embarrassing. How can you make so many mistakes at once?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited February 15, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    This is so embarrassing. How can you make so many mistakes at once?

They don't even test the content. They just slap it in and act like they're perfect.

Also, to add to the thread, there are a few points of dialogue between Marleid and Cethlenn where Cethlenn's dialogue has its textbox showing as Marleid saying it.
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited June 16, 2020
    Since 6 out of 7 of the typos in the first post of this thread still haven't been fixed as of last week, I decided to add the ones I found in here to keep them all together. The quest names listed should be accurate for all of them, but I may have the part of the quest wrong for a few.

In Things that Go Bump in the Night (Optional dialogue after part 2) Chef's dialogue has an angle bracket > in it.
    unknown.png

In Things that Go Bump in the Night (Optional dialogue after part 4) Starlet says people's hearts and mines instead of hearts and minds.
    unknown.png

In A Sign of the Times (Part 5 of 10) the screen text says your friends instead of your friend.
    unknown.png

In A Sign of the Times (Part 7 of 10) the player gets the option to ask Marleid What about you? in response to her saying she wants to check our Tir Chonaill. The option feels disconnected from the text prior to it. Marleid already specifically said what she wants to do. Also, if you ask "What about you?" she takes it as you agreeing to do what she wants. Based on the context, the question can be assumed to be "Should we go check out Tir Chonaill?" in which case the second option "I would rather not" makes sense. But the first option "What about you?" doesn't make sense with the question or with how Marleid responds.
    unknown.png

In Lucid Dreams (part 1 of 6) Murielle says you've brought a friend instead of you've brought friends.
    unknown.png

In Root and Petal (Part 3 of 9) Millia (labelled as ???) says I've looking for you instead of I've been looking for you
    unknown.png

In Root and Petal (Part 3 of 9) the text says The way she talks to a total stranger is quite odd. I think it's supposed to be The way she talks to you like you're a total stranger is quite odd.
    unknown.png

In A Nightmarish Destination (Optional dialogue after part 2?) Merlin says someone asked me a question and then right after says No. Wait... It was more like someone asked ME a question. The emphasis doesn't really help change anything about what he said. Maybe the first one is just supposed to be Someone asked a question then the second one is supposed to be No. Wait... It was more like someone asked ME a question. ?
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

In A Nightmarish Destination (Part 3 of 3) the Incubus King says such a capable allies instead of such a capable ally or such capable allies
    unknown.png

In The Impact of a Leaf (Part 2 of 5) Manannan says I was about address instead of I was about to address
    unknown.png

In The Faceless Ones (Part 2 of 5) the text says Her face grows pales instead of Her face grows pale
    unknown.png

In The Faceless Ones (Part 2 of 5) Deirbhile says withing instead of without
    unknown.png

In The Faceless Ones (Part 3 of 5) Duncan says I'm guess instead of I'm guessing
    unknown.png

In When the Desert Cools (Part 2 of 4) the text says and and instead of and
    unknown.png

In When the Desert Cools (Part 2 of 4) the text refers to all the female elven guards as he instead of she
    unknown.png

In A Colorless Deja Vu (Part 3 of 4) Eiren says claiming that the village was safe when I think it should be claiming that the village wasn't safe
    unknown.png

In A Colorless Deja Vu (Part 4 of 4) Eiren refers to Uladh as here instead of there. We are in Iria. This happens twice in a single dialogue box.
    unknown.png

In A Kingdom Ablaze (Part 1 of 4) Hunter says more challenging than I though instead of more challenging than I thought.
    unknown.png

In A Kingdom Ablaze (Part 1 of 4) Starlet says It's goes instead of It goes
    unknown.png

In A Kingdom Ablaze (Optional dialogue after part 1) Eiren says Mirror of Magic instead of Mirror of Memory
    unknown.png

In Reimprint (Part 2 of 2) the text says his instead of her when refering to a female soldier.
    unknown.png

In Moonlight of Death (Optional dialogue after part 1) Karpfen says I can's report instead of I can't report
    unknown.png

In Moonlight of Death (Optional dialogue after part 1) Marleid says The quest is, why? instead of The question is, why?
    unknown.png

In Rationality (Part 1 of 5) the text says that Maike looks at the confused-looking Human soldiers instead of (what I think should be) confused-looking Elven soldiers. The elves and giants are the ones that are confused at this moment, having just awoken from the brainwashing. Also, Dowra has a moment right after this where she looks at her soldiers. It looks like they should be equivalents to each other, in which case Maike should be looking at the Elves.
    unknown.png
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    BRUH...
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    Thanks for compiling these, moving them to forwarded bugs.