Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who else is hoping for Doki Doki to come back?

Comments

• ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    scorpin99 wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    I'd rather it be permanent along with the matchmaking and minigames,
    I thought that part of it was fun, regardless of petty compensation like prizes and stuff

I second this thought, its been once a year for a few years not, not to mention japan has the nekojima thing, why cant it be permanent content with nekojima added?
    I third this. I love the scenery of the island and would enjoy having it be permanent so I can go hang around there whenever I want.
    Tsumikki
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I'd rather it not come back. I'm tired of that event. If there will be new items, bring it back, if not, then it can stay away.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited February 5, 2017
    Some events should just return annually. If people are bored of them just don't do them - I'm ignoring the skiing this round cause I can't be bothered, but I see there are good prizes offered for people who missed out on getting them before. I paid for the 2012 Winter Newbie outfits (thrice, actually...) but I'm not such a scrooge that I would deny newer players the chance to get them too.

Doki Doki Island (Feb), Mabiland Anniversary (March), Candy Tree + Buckets of Color (early summer), Torchlight Bazaar (late summer), Dragon Boat (fall), Samhain (early winter) and Winternogi (late winter) - are all suitable for making into yearly festivals.

*I think it would be nice if Samhain was held on the real life Samhain, but I guess it would clash with whatever Halloween event they have on.
    Speaking of which, it would also be nice if they also had annual Halloween/Christmas features. Some years they completely skipped putting up the decorations in towns and stuff - what's up with that? Even if you don't have an official event it's good to have the festive decor up.
    Spiritika[Deleted User]ShaeliDaktaro
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Honestly, anything is better than an afk event at this point.

Doki Doki sounds nice. Even if the rewards are not new, it at least means they can be thrown into the market for those unable to do the event, along with those that miss it.

One must think of the newer players as well. Players who have never experienced it, or been able to have flight like others do.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    They could stop beating around the bush and just give us Nekojima already. I'm sick of seeing Doki Doki being ripped off of a really cute island that had a fun little dungeon.

At least do *something* with the dungeon that Mr. Treasure Hunter sits at every time the event comes around. Like a love dungeon or something. Something new. And for the love of god, fix the beach gems this time. Every single year they advertised the gems but they DIDN'T WORK. God, Nexon's half-assed efforts make me so angry. This game wouldn't be so dead if they weren't such a deadbeat team.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 6, 2017
    I don't want Doki Doki anymore, give me Nekojima instead. Why they removed Nekojima dungeon and named this island Doki Doki in the first place? I don't understand it... Do they had to change some things due to copyright stuff or something along this?
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    And for the love of god, fix the beach gems this time. Every single year they advertised the gems but they DIDN'T WORK.
    What do you mean gems didn't work? :o
    Helsa
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    The beach on Doki Doki island was supposed to have a massive variety of gems that would be dug up with metallurgy. It was one of the biggest advertising points of Doki Doki (and the original Nekojima). However, this feature didn't work at all and nobody was able to get gems. They never fixed this feature and proceeded to spam the event afterward several times without making a single repair. It was shameful.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 6, 2017
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    The beach on Doki Doki island was supposed to have a massive variety of gems that would be dug up with metallurgy. It was one of the biggest advertising points of Doki Doki (and the original Nekojima). However, this feature didn't work at all and nobody was able to get gems. They never fixed this feature and proceeded to spam the event afterward several times without making a single repair. It was shameful.

I managed to get Cat Eye from metallurgy once. I heard it's a really rare chance to get it from there. So i think Nexon NA did this on purpose because that would be too easy to get rewards that way. I also think they assumed that other gems are useless since we get those in almost every event. I really don't mind not getting those gems in there... They almost became like trash item now.

Helsa
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    isn't it we can't get nekojima cuz it's japan exclusive content?
    they could at least re-do the dungeon to dokidoki theme rather than cat theme i guess and make a different dokidoki themed field boss rather than broken rat man
    but.. not gonna lie i want cat island too :c
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited February 6, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I mean, unless the prizes are different or new, compared to previous ones, I'd probably be disinclined to participate, myself.

But even if that were the case, I'm totally on board for it to come back.
    It'd give players who missed the previous ones another chance to get the goodies, like free Doki Doki pets, and the Flight action.
    Or the dancing minigame boombox.

I can already see the potato and silvervine fields lying barren from all the overharvesting, lol!

Oh gawd, I remember the silvervine fields, you could never find one that wasn't already harvested. They need to make it so it gives fruit till the individual player's cap for the day like they did with renown. Would eliminate the shortage in a heartbeat, pun intended.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    I mean, unless the prizes are different or new, compared to previous ones, I'd probably be disinclined to participate, myself.

It'd give players who missed the previous ones another chance to get the goodies, like free Doki Doki pets, and the Flight action.

I can already see the potato and silvervine fields lying barren from all the overharvesting, lol!

Oh gawd, I remember the silvervine fields, you could never find one that wasn't already harvested. They need to make it so it gives fruit till the individual player's cap for the day like they did with renown. Would eliminate the shortage in a heartbeat, pun intended.

The problem with the silvervines is that there wasn't enough fields to gather from to sustain the amount of players that were active. Even with the partners were they barely enough.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    asnscorpio wrote: »

The problem with the silvervines is that there wasn't enough fields to gather from to sustain the amount of players that were active. Even with the partners were they barely enough.

No, I meant change the way silvervine works, since we only see it on dokidoki, it shouldn't affect other gatherable fields like corn or wheat.
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    I'd rather them come up with something new rather than see doki doki again.
    Greta
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    No, I meant change the way silvervine works, since we only see it on dokidoki, it shouldn't affect other gatherable fields like corn or wheat.

They do regen like the regular fields and when thunder and rain come about regen faster during that duration like so. Not sure why it should be any faster. They just need more fields. It's ridiculous to only have 2 fields.

I think they slapped on the coding algorithm to the silvervines much like the other crops itself. To redo the coding just so its faster....i think would be too much work for nexon there.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    SirRyu wrote: »
    I'd rather them come up with something new rather than see doki doki again.

The problem is that Nexon really don't come out with new things. They just retake things they already have. Take this Naco Commerce event for example......It's a bunch of items laying around areas that are now obtainable and place-able on the homestead. What is really new?

As for event-wise....most likely see what KR gets and we receive about the same if not less.......or a lot less than that....then a sporadic exclusive.
  • GretaGreta
    I think Doki Doki was the most re-released event in short period of times. Event was released:

February 13th, 2014 – April 30th, 2014
    September 11th, 2014 – October 5th, 2014
    February 17th, 2016 – March 23rd, 2016

As you can see the Doki Doki Island Event was released 2 TIMES in same year. And a year still haven't passed since from the last Doki Doki Island Event that happened. I won't mind this event again if they make something new in there or actually release Nekojima Island instead.
    Helsa
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Sadly they aren't allowed to release nekojima full time as the rumors have it. Nor are they allowed to fully release it, hence why we cannot access certain things on the island and GM's scour it to make sure no ones there after events.

I think the most reoccurring event would probably be the Treaure box event. Sometimes that event comes out 2-3 times a year if they have nothing really good to put out.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Know what we really need to have again? The Iria treasure hunt event.
    GretaShadoeKitsuyasha
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    If and only if it's a new thing this year. You can still have flight given out but pweaaaaaaaase new stuff?

AND PWEAAAAAAAAASE MORE SILVERVINE FRUIT FOR US TO BE ABLE TO PICK?

(And maybe free permenant moving tails we can wear in our gear tabs, please and thank you? :3)