Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

im so late but

EvielickyEvielicky
Mabinogi Rep: 970
in General Chat
why is belvast ch1 Alexina so empty. did everyone moved to somewhere new?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited February 20, 2020
    Hasn't it been empty and declining since sever merge?
    Or maint just ended and you're one of the first to log in.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Evielicky wrote: »

The auction house update made shops in Belvast nearly obsolete for most purposes.
    Dragoolfire
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

The auction house update made shops in Belvast nearly obsolete for most purposes.

It's nice to see Dunbarton full of shops, again.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerHabimaruRadiant Dawn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Belvast emptied out when they adjusted the max limit of the shops to 10m for all of them, not just Belvast. That area was already kind of lonesome with the auction house, but when that change happened most people just moved to Dunby since that was easier.
    Tbh I kind of miss the activity, even if running back and forth was a little irritating sometimes.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Belvast emptied out when they adjusted the max limit of the shops to 10m for all of them, not just Belvast. That area was already kind of lonesome with the auction house, but when that change happened most people just moved to Dunby since that was easier.
    Tbh I kind of miss the activity, even if running back and forth was a little irritating sometimes.

it was announced later that changing the max limit to 10 mil in Belvast was just a error and now free players can make 20 mil there again. players with the new updated VIP can make 30 mil in Belvast and 20 mil anywhere else. updating VIP changed personal shops for the better both for free players and paying players. the main reason we don't see as many personal shops is cause a lot of players just prefer to use the auction house and Alexina simply doesn't have enough active players these days to fill up Belvast and Dunbarton with personal shops anymore.
    GretaLeinei
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 20, 2020

For now. Seems like the hacker either finally got banned or got bored and stopped, and/or both because we all know you can't stop VPN's. lol. :smirk:
    Crims wrote: »

For now. Seems like the hacker either finally got banned or got bored and stopped, and/or both because we all know you can't stop VPN's. lol. :smirk:

Or got busted in some other gig.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Belvast was popular for sales because at the time it was the only place you could reasonably sell high-priced items. (Anything over 5 mil.) House shops were near useless because a house could only hold 5 mil. Now that we have the auction house, most of that activity has moved there.

On top of that we got the bank update, and people are able to sell more in Dunbarton than previously without losing their spot.

In hindsight, I can understand why Nexon resisted so long in giving us the auction house. It does give the impression that the servers are emptier. The reality is that back in the day people were parking their characters AFK or parking alts in towns just to keep shops open. They weren't really playing the game more then. They were just AFK out in the open. Is it "better" to have people parked AFK everywhere? Probably not.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 23, 2020
    Yesterday i decided to set a shop after a long while of not doing it since AH release and Dunbarton shops in ch1 was almost non-existent. Like 8 shops in total were open lol. Pretty sure Belvast was empty or maybe had one or two shops. R.I.P Alexina.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    All my shop alts are now auction alts.

If you really think the server is dead, just imagine that every 1 or 2 pages of listings in the AH represents one shop. Imagine that the account owner is using their 10-18 listing slots instead of actually opening a shop... because that is pretty much what's happening now. Imagine how many shops there would be if each of those accounts actually stood in town and opened one shop each.

I won't make any guesses for how many of the AH listings are from multiple alts run by individuals, but I do know that I greatly prefer not having to see all those alts in town. The game is enough of a lagfest for me and ch1 used to be almost unplayable.
    GretaPolicromaWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Eralea wrote: »

If you really think the server is dead, just imagine that every 1 or 2 pages of listings in the AH represents one shop. Imagine that the account owner is using their 10-18 listing slots instead of actually opening a shop... because that is pretty much what's happening now. Imagine how many shops there would be if each of those accounts actually stood in town and opened one shop each.

I won't make any guesses for how many of the AH listings are from multiple alts run by individuals, but I do know that I greatly prefer not having to see all those alts in town. The game is enough of a lagfest for me and ch1 used to be almost unplayable.

I do remember having to ask myself if checking the shops on ch1 was worth the risk of getting disconnected or not.
    Fun times, that. I actually sorta miss it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 24, 2020

I do remember having to ask myself if checking the shops on ch1 was worth the risk of getting disconnected or not.

Don't worry. Now that AH is a thing, shops in town's are pretty much dead. When i remember how it was back in 2014, it's scary how it drastically changed.
    Greta wrote: »

Don't worry. Now that AH is a thing, shops in town's are pretty much dead. When i remember how it was back in 2014, it's scary how it drastically changed.

Well, shops may be dead on Alexina, but they're still a fixture on Nao.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 25, 2020

Someone claimed it's pretty much same in Nao since the "hype" died.

Someonw claimed it's pretty much same in Nao since the "hype" died.

There's enough activity to give Ch 1 a full once in a while. I think all the crashes, backlog, and unscheduled maints is what scared most people away.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 25, 2020
    Wow really? Haven't seen Alexina's ch1 getting "full" for months now... Party ads barely exist as well. There used to be a lottttttt of them, would be even difficult to read them all because how spammy it was. When i think about it, i didn't even see chat spam bots in Dunbarton Square for a whole week, today just saw ONE bot in there. We always used to have them everyday from 2 and up to like 4 bots at once. Dam, that's really sad.
    Wow really? Haven't seen Alexina's ch1 getting "full" for months now... Party ads barely exist as well. There used to be a lottttttt of them, would be even difficult to read them all because how spammy it was. When i think about it, i didn't even see chat spam bots in Dunbarton Square for a whole week, today just saw ONE bot in there. We always used to have them everyday from 2 and up to like 4 bots at once. Dam, that's really sad.

Have home for sale signs on up everywhere? xD
  • GretaGreta

You talking about Housing? Yup... Pretty sure it's a deserted content now. I'm actually confused why Nexon didn't remove it altogether after AH update.

You talking about Housing? Yup... Pretty sure it's a deserted content now. I'm actually confused why Nexon didn't remove it altogether after AH update.

Eh, I was speaking metaphorically, but housing is dead. They should reconvert that space into something useful.
    Here's the question, will Housing be reformed into something useful before Port Ceann?