Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ignore this, I was a fool

TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
edited February 24, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Didn't realize something until after double checking the Web Shop

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Don't you love how, because of site policy, the owner of the post can't delete it. So we are stuck with things like this that mods have to deal with. Of course, it's not the case on the forum site that I administrate but then I'm being insufferably boastful right now; my bad.
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Helsa wrote: »
    Don't you love how, because of site policy, the owner of the post can't delete it. So we are stuck with things like this that mods have to deal with. Of course, it's not the case on the forum site that I administrate but then I'm being insufferably boastful right now; my bad.

Yeah, this kind of thing is really annoying to put up with. Being unable to delete posts that you created. But now I'm interested to hear about your forum site lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 25, 2020

Yeah, this kind of thing is really annoying to put up with. Being unable to delete posts that you created. But now I'm interested to hear about your forum site lol

I was younger then when I joined it and was internet naïve, so I used my real name and posted info about me including images; oops! As such I'm gonna have to remain vague. It's a private-run forum dedicated to a computer game series. I'm not the owner, but impressed the owner enough that they made me a super-moderator. We had no other moderators at this time. One day I log in and, to my surprise, I'm an Admin. When I asked them about it, they said that they trusted me. I convinced the owner that with private-run forums you have to follow the rule of the Sith, when it comes to admins: there are always only two. When you have two and one is the owner you have a clear delineation of authority. If you add more you create grey areas. The owner trusted me to let me "run wild", because, although I came up with some "creative" ideas, they saw that I was acting in the sites best interest, but when they said "no" I said "Yes Sir", so it's worked out well.

<insufferable_boasting>We have over 100,000 members and over the years we've only had to ban less than a half-dozen people.</insufferable_boasting>
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I was younger then when I joined it and was internet naïve, so I used my real name and posted info about me including images; oops! As such I'm gonna have to remain vague. It's a private-run forum dedicated to a computer game series. I'm not the owner, but impressed the owner enough that they made me a super-moderator. We had no other moderators at this time. One day I log in and, to my surprise, I'm an Admin. When I asked them about it, they said that they trusted me. I convinced the owner that with private-run forums you have to follow the rule of the Sith, when it comes to admins: there are always only two. When you have two and one is the owner you have a clear delineation of authority. If you add more you create grey areas. The owner trusted me to let me "run wild", because, although I came up with some "creative" ideas, they saw that I was acting in the sites best interest, but when they said "no" I said "Yes Sir", so it's worked out well.

<insufferable_boasting>We have over 100,000 members and over the years we've only had to ban less than a half-dozen people.</insufferable_boasting>

So the moral of the story is?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 25, 2020

The moral of the story is that i'm having a big urge to drop some kind of meme image with a caption "YOU FOOL!".
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 25, 2020

What moral? They asked me a question and I answered it as much as I was willing to.

But, here, let me help out our favorite Baltic Nereid:
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate

What moral? They asked me a question and I answered it as much as I was willing to.

Wow, good for you for becoming an admin c: and thanks for an answer

Wait, so they made you an admin for answering questions?
  • HelsaHelsa

The "they", who asked me a question, is the OP of this thread, not the owner of the site I co-administer.

The "they", who asked me a question, is the OP of this thread, not the owner of the site I co-administer.

Oh, ok. I was confused because you said you were asked a question and I did not see a question asked on the thread so I thought you meant on the forum in which you are the admin. I just saw what OP said, and it was more of a request rather than a question.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Oh, ok. I was confused because you said you were asked a question and I did not see a question asked on the thread so I thought you meant on the forum in which you are the admin. I just saw what OP said, and it was more of a request rather than a question.
    . . . But now I'm interested to hear about your forum site lol . . .

You miss things when you just skim the threads.

Yea, that isn't exactly a question.
  • HelsaHelsa

Yea, that isn't exactly a question.

Really? You're going with that? You couldn't figure it out?