Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

anyone here from 2008?

GhostFishGhostFish
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in General Chat
I just jumped back in today and uh... seems like a LOT has happened and changed. Does anyone have any recommendations for best/fastest ways to catch up on all the "new" content? Otherwise I'd just like to chat with people and see what's the hottest tea around here these days!
FOXAssassin

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There's a few people from 2008 who would pop up now and then (I'm not one of them). You'll be better off finding them in-game or on discord.
    GhostFish
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    GhostFish wrote: »
    I just jumped back in today and uh... seems like a LOT has happened and changed. Does anyone have any recommendations for best/fastest ways to catch up on all the "new" content? Otherwise I'd just like to chat with people and see what's the hottest tea around here these days!

When did you stop playing? What G was the current one?
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    GhostFish wrote: »

The hottest tea around [these days] is...

Lipai.

Welcome back to YOUR FANTASY LIFE.
    GhostFish
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I was late 2008, early 2009.
    GhostFish
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    May 2008 here.
    GhostFish
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Wow, Mabinogi is almost 12 years old in the US.

23-12=11

Wow, I was barely in middle school when this debuted.
    roseangel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am a player from 2008, (even though I was "MIA" for 5 years...)

Just dive in and start completing all the quests and generations one by one. I recommend doing the memory book quest for starters.
    GhostFish
  • MaerLaMicheMaerLaMiche
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    2008 player here. The memoir books will catch you up. Also start with G1 and enjoy.
    GhostFish
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    2010 here, close enough?
    GhostFish
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Me! A beta tester , too
    GhostFish
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    2010 here, close enough?

A 2010 comrade!
    Gaby5011
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 25, 2020
    OP was trying to get some suggestions on how to catch up to new content.

Instead got a bunch of veterans trying to flex on each other about who's been here the longest. :D

And i thought i'm the weird one and need help for still playing this game since 2013 and only had like a half year hiatus in 2015...
    GhostFish
    edited February 25, 2020
    Greta wrote: »

Instead got a bunch of veterans trying to flex on each other about who's been here the longest. :D

We all responded to the title and not the post duh :P .

The fastest way to catch up would be to do Blaanid's memiors to get the levels up and AP and then plan from there.
    BlissfulkillGhostFish
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 25, 2020

The fastest way to catch up would be to do Blaanid's memiors to get the levels up and AP and then plan from there.

Yeah true, but i'm pretty sure OP is also confused about Renown, new raids, dungeon changes, new talents, etc. He needs to catch up A LOT.
    GhostFish

Yeah true, but i'm pretty sure OP is also confused about Renown, new raids, dungeon changes, new talents, etc. He needs to catch up A LOT.

It depends on when OP left.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 25, 2020
    They're still at one post. For the record, spring of 2009 at the tail end of G6. I asked about when @GhostFish left the game, because it matters.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The power creep has never been so overwhelming for a returnee. Godspeed.
    SherriFOXAssassinGhostFishroseangelJianto
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    2014 here. Anyway, I'd just go where the wind takes you. If you're on a new account/character, you'll definitely wanna do the Lorna questline.
    Though some things are a tad bit outdated, like at one point she says she wishes she could fly in Tir & Dunbarton (we can now).
    After that, the Memoir helps you gain a lot of levels (Blaanid questline) but that takes a bit to get to.
    Then I'd just sit back and do all the Generations. I'd avoid the Divine Knights one for a while, it's given out waaaaaaaay too early.
    Crims wrote: »
    The power creep has never been so overwhelming for a returnee. Godspeed.

This is so true..
    FOXAssassinGhostFish
  • JessiieJessiie
    I think I joined in 2008 or 2009. I've been married to my friend since 2009 lmao That's all I know
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    So many time travelers in this thread.
    SherriRimbaud