Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What the Heck??? Is it Magic?

orcabluewaorcabluewa
Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
in General Chat

I've maxed out all my magic skills though a lot of things get passed me I admit lol But, while I was gathering potatoes on Dokki I saw a player get a huge lucky finish on almost every gather. I asked them how they were doing that and he just said "its magic" Does anyone know if there is a skill or title that enables this effect? I've scoured the forums and wiki and can't find anything about it. Anyone know how they were doing that? (my luck stat is 550)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Not magic technically, it is Phantasmal Sight, a technique, that can help with this... and techniques are more like divine power/ alchemy like abilities....
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    I've maxed out all my magic skills though a lot of things get passed me I admit lol But, while I was gathering potatoes on Dokki I saw a player get a huge lucky finish on almost every gather. I asked them how they were doing that and he just said "its magic" Does anyone know if there is a skill or title that enables this effect? I've scoured the forums and wiki and can't find anything about it. Anyone know how they were doing that? (my luck stat is 550)

You're surprised at the potatoes? Wait until you see all the huge lucky silvervine fruit
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Not magic technically, it is Phantasmal Sight, a technique, that can help with this... and techniques are more like divine power/ alchemy like abilities....

Completely forgot about Phantasmal Sight.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It's definitely Magic. Only works during midnight.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It may also depend on whether the luck roll is made by the server or the client.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Completely forgot about Phantasmal Sight.

Oh my God, me too. Welp I know what I am doing when I get home.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

You're surprised at the potatoes? Wait until you see all the huge lucky silvervine fruit

That'd just have to be luck. That or that one Palalan Embrace effect.
    Phantasmal Sight doesn't work on Silvervine Patches, annoyingly.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Iyasenu wrote: »

That'd just have to be luck. That or that one Palalan Embrace effect.
    Phantasmal Sight doesn't work on Silvervine Patches, annoyingly.

Well, I've gotten really lucky in the past with silvervine myself.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Phantasmal Sight
    Effect on Gatherable Items (random):
    Yellow Effect:
    Increase huge lucky bonus chance.
    Green Effect:
    Gathering Speed boost based on Technique Level.
    Purple Effect:
    100% gathering success rate.
    Blue Effect:
    Allows gathering without limit restrictions.
    Exceptions: Pet Gathering (Alpaca, Gnu, etc), Metallurgy, Fractal Well, Gold Mushrooms, and more.
    I totally forgot all of this LOL
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm sure everyone knows this (but I found out a few days ago).. but apparently Rain Cast replenishes gathering spots.
    I use it on one field while I gather from the other, helps quite a bit (especially with the Lord of the Seas outfit)

I also find it disappointing that Phantasmal Sight doesn't work on the Silvervine. I know it doesn't work for Fractal Wells, which also is really stupid..
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Thanks! Phantasmal Sight worked! Not every try but much much more often. :)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Phantasmal sight is pretty good huh? :)
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone knows this (but I found out a few days ago).. but apparently Rain Cast replenishes gathering spots.
    I use it on one field while I gather from the other, helps quite a bit (especially with the Lord of the Seas outfit)

I also find it disappointing that Phantasmal Sight doesn't work on the Silvervine. I know it doesn't work for Fractal Wells, which also is really stupid..

It also does not work on event only items and golden mushrooms since you can get 1 per patch in your hs I have a lot of gold mushrooms in my homestead but use palala embrace and get huge lucky finish 1x that will work on gold mushrooms
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Well, probably because of the crash last night, I found a channel left unpicked, so that happened.

And Rain Casting does replenish stock, which is why people should be rain casting, especially if they picked a whole channel clean.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sherri wrote: »

Rain Casting (and regular rain too) doesn't really "replenish" gathering spots. They still restock just as fast as normal.
    But when gathering under a raincloud, each gather actually takes away something like 0.8x as much gathering point stock as normal, essentially allowing you to gather more from a spot.
    You can notice this if you use rain casting when gathering from a pet.
    Like an herb pet normally loses 5 MP when you pick an herb, but if it's raining, then they only lose 4 MP.
    It's not making their MP come back any faster, but it's lowering how quickly they get depleted.
    Same thing applies to normal gathering nodes. (just know raincasting doesn't affect every type of gathering, like Metallurgy or Ecology)
    GretaLiberate