Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About Blunting Field technique again...

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited February 26, 2020 in General Chat
How did this became a Technique at all? Who's Idea is this? This barely even help at all....

Should of been Auto defend against Magic for like...idk Tech Duin Geata? Those pew pew seem to ignore Magic def and Magic protection...

How useful is Magic protection? Because I find it like it barely had a use at all compared to a Normal Protection.

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Don't use it if you don't like it.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 26, 2020
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Same can be said for many useless skills and even whole talents. To that, I ask what is wrong with suggesting that things implemented in the game remain relevant? To that, since many players have intelligence past 1400+ on a fresh rebirth, and that magic defense and protection levels off the more one has, I wonder why it was even implemented in the first place.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Same can be said for many useless skills and even whole talents. To that, I ask what is wrong with suggesting that things implemented in the game remain relevant? To that, since many players have intelligence past 1400+ on a fresh rebirth, and that magic defense and protection levels off the more one has, I wonder why it was even implemented in the first place.

Exactly! By the time you have this Tech, most cases you would already have high Magic protection that you suffer diminishing returns from using this Tech making it worthless, also because you be using other Techs that are "mandatory" while this one is one of the "worthless" Techs to never touch or even level up.

It could of been something else better than Magic Protection.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    IMO def and pro are irrelevant.... kill things before they kill you...
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    if you have 45 prot and 90 mag prot it kinda is pointless to level it up... it caps damage redution at that point
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Really? in game it says it keeps reducing more damage past that point in game on the character page
  • AlshianAlshian
    What Kit means that diminishing returns became too heavy to the point that it HITs a cap like Impossible to get anymore this game allows ya to with the means you could use.

In wiki (if it were right) said that 357 Points of magic protection would yield you 100% magical protection. Do you think you can get that much protection? It gets to a point that you would need 13 pts to gain at least 1% but the highest I could see a player get is only 75% magical protection. Although Magical protection don't appear to have much of a use anyways. So far many magic attacks ignore Magic protection, even Tech duin geata's pew pews not even magic defense appears to take effect which made me assume fixed damage.

Which is why Id suggest turning Blunting field Tech into a chance to auto defend against magic while very little chance to defend against melee and ranged. The 50% reduction of ping/defend would be much better than having a diminishing return version like this.

Other words it would of just been what Dragoolfire said " kill things before they kill you... " But some cases would call for useful kits to survive a fight when you currently don't have any nao stones, guardian stones or a player using adv feather for you.
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited February 27, 2020
    You are right it is unreasonable to get 357 protection, the highest you could reasonably get without sacrificing your enchant or reforge slots to get protection reforges or enchants is 121 without a cater or blunting field.

Magic protection can of course go higher then that.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Lol

Is your blunting even ranked? Have you ever run elite Revived Illusion or 7 Nightmares? You can take 1s in the lava pool left by the salamanders with erg 50 2h + Blunting level 10, and I definitely take less damage from the donut in Feth Adv (and 1s in Feth Normal) if I have blunting on, because the laser from the donut is magic damage. This is why players with erg 50 2h take lesser damage from the laser, because of the defensive magic stats from the erg. It’s also very useful in phantasm since the mobs there use magic a lot.
    Liberate
  • AlshianAlshian
    How much did you suffer for a erg 50 at all? :/