Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's the Shadow Realm energy Drop Rate?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited February 22, 2020 in General Chat
Using a low-level character so I can only run the lowest level SMs, it took me 12 runs. <sarcasm> But that's okay because the only thing funner than a long streak of continuous failure is an even longer streak of continuous failure. Instead of just making it a guaranteed drop, I had the pleasure of screaming at my monitor, for a few hours, and having family members knock on my door, asking me if I was okay. This long frustrating ordeal ultimately let me know that my family loves me. Had I just gotten it on my first run, I would have never known. Thank you Nexon.</sarcasm>
ookie

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    RNG was not on your side. You need to pray more.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    It always dropped for me in elite. What I’m not sure of is if it still drops after you completed the daily quest o,o
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 23, 2020
    roastedpig wrote: »
    It always dropped for me in elite.

Fantastic. I'm using a low-level character that can only handle the basic level SMs. "Just do an Elite" is some advice that I can't put to use at this time.

Anyway, the story gets even better. Tonight, I went 0 for 14. At that point it became obvious to me that all along clearly Nexon was trying to send me a message and that message is "All in all, Helsa we'd prefer if you just stopped participating in the event". Well, finally, message received loud and clear. Since, Shadow energy is not a guaranteed drop, but in fact, for low level characters, a relatively low probability one, and since the prizes for this event really aren't all that great, at some point you just gotta say province of Thailand and give up; and so I have. Thank you Nexon for making it come to this; imagine the amount of glee I'm feeling right now! Despite what some trolls, sensing blood in the water, may reply in order to kick someone when they're down, I think making Shadow Energy a guaranteed drop would make the event more enjoyable, it certainly would have in my case (note the past tense there). Sure, it is possible that having been born on, raised on, and now living on the North American continent that, in fact, I'm "soft" but I'd like Nexon to consider another possibility and that is that perhaps, just perhaps, adversity is not town in Austria fun and constitutes poor entertainment design. On the other hand you guys are the experts, right?

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Just carry your cousins through elite like everyone else does

or be big brain like me and train them to be able to solo elite

I can't believe I'm actually running elites multiple times a day for this stupid event. I want to scream too. If I make it through to the end of the event I'll post a pic of my huge monster-aurora in this thread.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 24, 2020
    Wait, Shadow Realm Energy drop rate isn't actually like 99-100%? All my first Elite runs of the day were successful.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 24, 2020
    Eralea wrote: »
    be big brain like me and train them to be able to solo elite

Unfortunately, due to my small brain, I won't be able to train them in time for the event to be able to handle elite.
    Greta wrote: »
    Wait, Shadow Realm Energy drop rate isn't actually like 99-100%? All my first Elite runs of the day were successful.

Would that I could solo elite with this character, but as I said earlier, it's a low level character that can only handle basic level.

This is my Nao character. I made them for checking out Ruairi and they got pulled along in the merge. Now, they're for checking out Nao. I have made a couple three friends on Nao but if they aren't on when I am, well sucks to be me. I could try channel one and try to join a party but folks running elites really don't want a low level character run by a stranger who's only there to leach. I could just lie to them, but that's not how I roll, which means, of course, it's ultimately my fault.

I do have one idea though: maybe Nexon could have made them a guaranteed drop.

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Typical RNG right? ‾\_(ツ)_/‾
  • HelsaHelsa
    Alshian wrote: »
    Typical RNG right? ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Typical NEXON RNG.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Helsa, what kind of missions are you doing? What kind of stats/skills do you have? Gear? What do you have that is R1? We might be able to make suggestions at least.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Policroma wrote: »
    Helsa, what kind of missions are you doing? What kind of stats/skills do you have? Gear? What do you have that is R1? We might be able to make suggestions at least.

You have to understand this is not my main character, so I don't work on it. I have the character so I can be involved in the Naowegian jousting scene, such as it is. But to answer your question my highest skill is fishing at rank 3, next is defend at rank D, followed by tranformation mastery and rest at rank e. I have the full basic close combat suite and all the magic bolts all of which are at best rank F. My equipment is all off-the-shelf, not upgraded but I have included the beginner enchants you get from SM. I have a leather long bow with those fancy arrows they gave away recently. I use it when there are more than one archer to kill the extra ones, from afar. Then I switch to mace with guardian shield. I have sand burst and wind blast both at best rank F. I was running Crag Cow since you have all the time and space you need.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited February 27, 2020
    Hmmm

When I ran out of passes I started doing HM missions, which I would guess had a success rate of about 80%... but you would still need to train a talent up to get into those.

Maybe train an easymode talent like chains and try again next time.

Fetxv.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 27, 2020
    Eralea wrote: »
    Hmmm

When I ran out of passes I started doing HM missions, which I would guess had a success rate of about 80%... but you would still need to train a talent up to get into those.

Maybe train an easymode talent like chains and try again next time.

Fetxv.png

Thanks for trying, it IS appreciated, but, alas, it is now a moot point.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    I'm guessing it's zero now.

. . . . . Problem solved!
    Wolfsinger