Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

JoJo's Bizarre Name Censor

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited February 28, 2020
    Crims wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »
    I have received a ticket telling me they're investigating why "Zenith" is blocked by the system, now.

yMr6Co9.png

They're onto us! =P

But hey, at least they are looking into it now. Please do update us on this situation eh?

Yeah, I'll be sure to update as soon as I get my next message. Seems we caused enough of a stir lol

Edit: Also glad it's Mewlynne who picked it up. First GM I've gotten that actually works under Mabi and a very good GM altogether IMO
    Helsa wrote: »
    Since it's Friday, they won't even start until Monday at the earliest.
    Name changes don't get processed until Thursdays anyway, so it's fine by me
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Does it let you make use of «Zenni» (Zennith) or Zeenith ? (Although I might personally prefer the variation : Zeinith or possibly Zeineth or perhaps even Zetenith [a play on the word «Zetetic»] - if I couldn't Zeni...) Or would you prefer to avoid having to use any form of variation if possible ?
    As for the second point, it seems "Zeni" is where it's taking issue.

I've come to be known as the short part of my name that is "Zen", so I really wanted to at least keep those 3 letters intact. Nonetheless, I will see if these names are available, even if I do not wish to use them.

Zenni: Taken
    Zennith: Taken
    Zeenith: Available
    Zeinith: Taken
    Zeineth: Available
    Zetenith: Available

I just need something with Zen ;-;

Zentai. :p
    Radiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited February 28, 2020
    I have received a ticket telling me they're investigating why "Zenith" is blocked by the system, now.

yMr6Co9.png

They're onto us! =P

But hey, at least they are looking into it now. Please do update us on this situation eh?

Yeah, I'll be sure to update as soon as I get my next message. Seems we caused enough of a stir lol

Edit: Also glad it's Mewlynne who picked it up. First GM I've gotten that actually works under Mabi and a very good GM altogether IMO

Yeah well when you get stupid initial responses like that it's time to wake 'em up. I'm not saying I have any pull, but when it comes to customer service I am point blank. I'm not sure what you submitted to them but I always keep my inquiries or problems short and sweet as you can see.

Anyway, godspeed and update us. :)
    Sebastian
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Zenjth?
  • SebastianSebastian
    Zenjth?

pls
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Zenjth?

Zenith or don't.

Honestly I'm rooting for Sebastian here. GET THAT NAME. :D
    SebastianWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited February 29, 2020
    Another «Zenith» has «coincidentally» been found... sort of
    yGmkjpV.png
    Sebastian
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Possible names beginning with Zen
    Zennet
    Zenir
    Zenex
    Zenoth
    Zense
    Zennigan
    Zenny Zotter
    Zenzenzense
    Zen zenannigans zen zu
    Zenzenzenzense
    Zenshrimp on the Zennique
    Zengonball Zenee
    Zeninogi
    Sebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    1omo4d.jpg
    SebastianKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 29, 2020
    Another «Zenith» has «coincidentally» been found... sort of
    yGmkjpV.png

HOLY CRAP! You're Yukinov! Let me look up your jousting record. Two lances, two wins, 100%, well done sir. You know that those two tournaments will be on my channel right? Didn't you also joust with another character?

Here's the first one and second one.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Servillius wrote: »
    Possible names beginning with Zen
    Zennet
    Zenir
    Zenex
    Zenoth
    Zense
    Zennigan
    Zenny Zotter
    Zenzenzense
    Zen zenannigans zen zu
    Zenzenzenzense
    Zenshrimp on the Zennique
    Zengonball Zenee
    Zeninogi

You sound like every single one of my other friends who wanted me to name myself Zendaya or Zenner-piece
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Most players are adults. The censorship is really stupid. Just remove it for [bleep]'s sake.
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Well I wonder if Giorno is taken or even allowed at this point? It is A Jojo name from season 5 golden wind
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Most players are adults. The censorship is really stupid. Just remove it for [bleep]'s sake.

Yeah well the key word is most players. Not all. We have to be the adults around the younger players who decide to give this game a go. I mean what if their parents come into their room and see all of us cussing up a storm or running around with inappropriate phallic or yonic names? hahahahaha...
  • HelsaHelsa

Yeah well the key word is most players. Not all. We have to be the adults around the younger players who decide to give this game a go. I mean what if their parents come into their room and see all of us cussing up a storm or running around with inappropriate phallic or yonic names? hahahahaha...

What are you talking about? Doesn't the EULA require that you be at least 18 years of age? There can be no children playing, so their comment about censorship is valid.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 29, 2020
    That doesn't stop them and Nexon knows this. The jargon is just there to cover their asses.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Was originally 13+ but eventually changed to Age of Majority (in contrast to Age of Minority). Last update was 8 months ago according to most-recent related ToS-article that I am aware of. Age of Majority is often 18+ for persons (which is a legal corporate-fiction). Fair Warning: Highly Anti-Gov Spoiler.
    What is Legal should not be confused with what is Lawful; they really are not the same thing, even if seemingly similar, the former being more for «military» usage and designed by the very Devil itself in order to deceive whilst the latter is meant for honest people (“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” ...some quote that was modified from the writings of Ayn Rand and somehow attributed to Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President)... then again it could also be yet again another one of those history-altering Mandela-Effects...
    ...quoting from the current wording: «Eligibility. You represent that you are not a person barred from receiving the Services under applicable law. You also represent that you either are over the age of majority in your country or, consistent with applicable law, use the Services only with the permission and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian that has reviewed and agreed to these Terms. Children (as defined under applicable law) may not register for an account and may not provide any personal information to Nexon or others through the Services.»

What are you talking about? Doesn't the EULA require that you be at least 18 years of age? There can be no children playing, so their comment about censorship is valid.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 29, 2020
    Was originally 13+ but eventually changed to Age of Majority (in contrast to Age of Minority). Last update was 8 months ago according to most-recent related ToS-article that I am aware of. Age of Majority is often 18+ for persons (which is a legal corporate-fiction). Fair Warning: Highly Anti-Gov Spoiler.
    What is Legal should not be confused with what is Lawful; they really are not the same thing, even if seemingly similar, the former being more for «military» usage and designed by the very Devil itself in order to deceive whilst the latter is meant for honest people (“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” ...some quote that was modified from the writings of Ayn Rand and somehow attributed to Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President)... then again it could also be yet again another one of those history-altering Mandela-Effects...
    ...quoting from the current wording: «Eligibility. You represent that you are not a person barred from receiving the Services under applicable law. You also represent that you either are over the age of majority in your country or, consistent with applicable law, use the Services only with the permission and under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian that has reviewed and agreed to these Terms. Children (as defined under applicable law) may not register for an account and may not provide any personal information to Nexon or others through the Services.»

Basically THAT. It doesn't bode well for a company if they allow their users to conduct themselves in inappropriate ways around potentially younger playerbase especially at the parent's discretion. That's why we have filters, that's why we have moderators. These things are not going to change even if the majority of the playerbase is now older. We sometimes get younger players. This is why things are the way they are.

9dnGeIh.png
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Basically THAT. It doesn't bode well for a company if they allow their users to conduct themselves in inappropriate ways around potentially younger playerbase especially at the parent's discretion. That's why we have filters, that's why we have moderators. These things are not going to change even if the majority of the playerbase is now older. We sometimes get younger players. This is why things are the way they are.

9dnGeIh.png

The state of Mabinogi explained in a paragraph.
  • SebastianSebastian
    The ticket was last updated yesterday although no actual message was included.

Am confusion.