Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Natural Dye Crafting Request.

KisarayaKisaraya
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
in Feedback and Suggestions
I know this tends to be exclusive to doki doki island and a few other events but could we have this added to the game as a permanent feature? Either a once a day thing or a gold cost to make? Some dyes that people need for outfits are too difficult to get from the game shop availabilities. Many of the dye colors people want just are not typically sold.

Let me give you an example "Snow" (255, 250, 250). I have dye wells, but never will get this combination. Just requesting the feature we have in Doki Doki island at this very moment (making custom dyes) be added to the game permanently.
  1. If the game had a permanent natural dye vendor, that was limited or had cost, would you use it?13 votes
    1. Omg, yes, I have so many outfits to dye....
       85% (11 votes)
    2. Nah, I use whatever I come across.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Only if we only get plaid colors as well.
       15% (2 votes)
    4. Why are you even bothering Kisa? Are you a Fashionogi?
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Can't...talk...now....must...dye...outfits....
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Persistence on this matter will reap benefits in the future. I think the more people will ask for it and consistently, the greater chance we'll see it more and maybe permanently in the future. Although, the danger of that is that the dye market will be destroyed.
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    If you make it as once a day/maybe even once a week thing and keep it untradable, then market should be fine. Also some people are too lazy to do it anyway ^^;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 1, 2020
    We get this event at least once a year now. Just stock up. Save the dyes on your main for untradable stuff and tradable stuff you can trade to your alts for dying. I have 100's of dyes for this purpose.

For the record those dyes are strictly for personal use. I don't share or try to sell dye services.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 2, 2020
    Dye Services are scum's paradise.

I crack up when i see people doing pure whites/blacks on this Dye Event. Is it possible to even get it? What a waste anyway. You mostly can see cloths only floating in black, white and crimson colors. So much people pretty much unoriginal lol. I know these dyes are expensive, but they are only so because of huge demand since players prefer oreo scheme too much.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    I agree with pure white/blacks. I've found that I rarely have clothes that those dye's really make the clothes look good AND original so I try to go for other colors now.

The thing everyone sleeps on is how good the METAL dyes are, because Direct Metal dyes are a rare blessing.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I really enjoy the dye minigame despite only knowing how to make black dyes (It's a pain to make white) but I'd definitely love it if we could spend some gold every day and make our own. Maybe make it similar to the dye well and have it in our HS? :)
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    +1

I mean, if they really need to avoid upending the dye market too much they can just make it so that berries can only make cheaper dyes, while pricier ones require stuff like rare minerals or flowers that can only be found via Exploration.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I personally think they should just make all the dyes and dye ampoules like the specific dye ampoules that let you select the color you want and can change to that color. Make it like MS Paint's color selection where you can put the color as whatever you want (Anything within the game's limitations of course). I've hated the dye system since day 1 I started playing this game. I've said this for years that we should just be able to customize the colors ourselves.

I would say something like this is what we should be able to do using with clothes using dye ampoules to allow us to customize our clothes rather than forcing us to try and rng to find the right dye color:

How-to-Find-Custom-Color-Codes-with-MS-Paint-4.png

Danievictria