Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Every skillset has that "one skill"

ServilliusServillius
Mabinogi Rep: 745
edited March 9, 2020 in General Chat
Every skillset has at least that "one skill" that is a pain to train, or supposed to be more useful than it actually is.
Edit: The idea is you spend time ranking up a skill which you would hardly ever use, because there are so many better skills you could use instead (or because what Nexon thinks would be a good idea sometimes isn't implemented in the best way.) R.I.P. Alchemy.

Artifact_Investigation.png
Gold_Strike.png
Enchant.png
Summon_Golem.png
Tumble.png
Compose.png
Wire_Pull.png
Grapple_Shot.png
Explosive_Kunai.png
Anchor_Rush.png

Honourable mentions

Handicraft.png
Synthesis.png
Mana_Crystallization.png
xxdarklordxx

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    "Tumble" suck as a skill, does not even give evasion rate or even invincibility frame while in use to be even remotely useful. Your coded to still be at the same location you used it and ended up at the location when the animation ends.

This means before the animation ends you can just use windmill to STILL hit the one using Tumble because you did not leave the spot you tumble from till the animation ends. Also ends up being worthless since most enemies are too quick and would just end up running into the spot you Will end up after the animation ends making the skill worthless in general as an escape skill.

"Summoning a golem" is such a lackluster Construct alchemy skill, no matter how much you would try to invest into it, it just CAN'T pull its own weight to be remotely useful, and would just die in a few hits, not even great to pull aggro either.

"Wire Pull" is also worthless, why does it even exist? You already have pulling skills from using a puppet.

That is all for what I have to say about the skills you shown.

Gunner needs a buff, rework, or revise.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    "Summon Golem" got hit by a nerf ages ago. It used to be crazy good and the golems were the size of HOUSES, I tell ya. That meant their Windmills had a HUGE radius too. People used to DESTROY missions with golems.

Anchor Rush. What? You mean you've never timed it properly to DODGE something? Sure it takes a while to train, but it can get you out of a pinch if something is about to run everyone over / jump attack everyone.

I'll leave the rest for someone else to dissect.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Does Windmill count, or is that still useful despite how much of a pain it is to train up?
    xxdarklordxx
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's good that we don't have sharp mind anymore right?
    Servillius
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Explosive Kuna is stupid annoying in pvp. I went up against someone who would push me into it and the stun makes it easy for them to keep spamming other ninja skills.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 9, 2020
    Gold Strike is more of a pain than Support Shot? Gold Strike isn't hard, it's not even expensive; I made money training it. I made money mastering it.
    Alshian wrote: »
    "Summoning a golem" is such a lackluster Construct alchemy skill, no matter how much you would try to invest into it, it just CAN'T pull its own weight to be remotely useful, and would just die in a few hits, not even great to pull aggro either.

Summon golem is really a range skill. It's the only one where you can shoot through walls. As long as the golem does SOME damage it's done its job.

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590

Construct Alchemy had its teeth pulled when they removed the skill specific crystals....
    IMO
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Did you know Anchor Rush can dodge just about everything?

Just a well-timed tiny hop in place and you can:
    Mitigate hits from Thunder
    Ignore Fireballs
    Jump through enemy arrows
    What the heck is hitstun
    Annoy your friends in duels by jumping out of fighter combos
    Ignore the fabric of reality's desire to harm you when your soul is taken, guaranteed to annoy the succubus queen
    Quite literally jump away from incoming danger
    Ignore all damage mid hop
    Glitch the game visually because it can't keep up with you
    Probably a bunch of other stuff I haven't tried yet

So don't pout as you jump in place to train Anchor Rush, for you are training the skill of true dodging.

(Also Gold Strike is super easy what do you mean)
    GretaKingEphy
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The whole entire Alch-Tab got nerfed to oblivion then left even further behind with all of the newer/faster skill-sets.
    Gone are the days where making Ice-Mines was part of my strategic plan for clearing those formerly super-difficult missions.
    And it's not that we need to train skills/skill-sets as much as before in order to clear content.
    And, also, for a final «I'm-a-n00b» confession-note : Yesterday is the first time I ever bothered to take a Dan-Test after all these years...
    (I did 1st-Dan for Water-Cannon yesterday and 1st-Dan for Magnum-Shot just now; and I got lots of others yet to Dan-Test...)

Construct Alchemy had its teeth pulled when they removed the skill specific crystals....
    IMO
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Smokescreen was the worst to train for Ninja.
    I trained it to r1 twice, and it was terrible.
    GretaCrimsọnKensamaofmari
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    The only alc skill I would consider useless is metal conversion. If I have a bunch of gold ore I want to turn into nickle is faster to not and just mine it in hillwen. And synthesis makes turning iron into silver something you should never have to do unless you misplaced your last bar of silver without noticing.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Tiro wrote: »
    The only alc skill I would consider useless is metal conversion. If I have a bunch of gold ore I want to turn into nickle is faster to not and just mine it in hillwen. And synthesis makes turning iron into silver something you should never have to do unless you misplaced your last bar of silver without noticing.

Some skills are useful for training other skills; Taunt, for example. Metal Conversion makes ranking Refining and Blacksmith easier.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2020
    Nilrem wrote: »

(Also Gold Strike is super easy what do you mean)

Gold Strike is easy. Make Party rule "All to finish" and just kill mobs with other skills and hit it on finish with Gold Strike. Since they have given us Tendering potions like candy i'm pretty sure CP issue is not that big.
    Harukari wrote: »

Was about to point this out as well.

Explosive Kunai is not that annoying to train like Smokescreen.
    Harukari
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Helsa wrote: »

Some skills are useful for training other skills; Taunt, for example. Metal Conversion makes ranking Refining and Blacksmith easier.

Synthesis and Fragmentation are both more useful for raking refining then metal conversion is.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »

Synthesis and Fragmentation are both more useful for raking refining then metal conversion is.

Fragmentation is definitely a must have skill for all crafting. Nonetheless with metal conversion you can convert unknown ores directly into iron ingots, which is gift really.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'd like to add Barrier Spikes to the list, please.
    Not because it's hard to train or anything. (especially since you don't have to chop wood these days)
    And it's not that I don't want to use it, it's that the GAME DOESN'T WANT YOU TO USE IT.

I hate-hate-hate when you're running something and think "Oh, the enemy's going to use ranged attacks, I'll just raise some barrier spikes." and that game goes "You cannot use that skill here."

I guess this is a problem with other skills, like Campfire and certain skills while rafting/ballooning, but this one is something I dislike the most.

Oh well... with how Barrier Spikes don't scale with any stat, they'd probably just be destroyed in a single hit from higher-tier enemies anyways...
    GretaHabimaruSherriServillius
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Harukari wrote: »

I was only able to rank it up with master plan, combined with various training pots. It's not fun training it.
  • GretaGreta
    Another honorable mention: Wine-Making skill.

I literally see no point in training that and NO ONE is even talking about it. It's like this skill doesn't exist, but it actually does.
    Radiant DawnKensamaofmarixxdarklordxx
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Make guns great again.
  • GretaGreta
    Crims wrote: »
    Make guns great again.

Murica, hell yeah.
    Kensamaofmari