Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hovering cursor on Pet Icon

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited March 11, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Notes for each pet is great and all, but over time the truthfulness of these degrades unless one is diligent to keep them up-to-date. Presently, hovering the cursor on the pet icon produces a context window that just shows their name. Why not have it show the inventory of the pet, or at least a schedule of the pets inventorys contents. The actual inventory window would be better of course. Make it display-only, as in you can't interact with it, unless the pet is summoned.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
Sherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Will the display be large as actual bag, making it too distracting and inconvenient to accidentally hover your mouse on? Or will it be tiny enough to not be able to make out what is in there and squinting won't help?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    Will the display be large as actual bag, making it too distracting and inconvenient to accidentally hover your mouse on? Or will it be tiny enough to not be able to make out what is in there and squinting won't help?

Of course it would be the same size, and that's okay, since the only reason your cursor needs to be on your pet icon is to either summon the pet or see what it's carrying. It'll behave the same way as if you accidentally hover the cursor now over a skill icon and get the information window. If the window gets in the way, you just move your cursor off the pet icon. If your pet icon is in the middle of the screen, well you may want to consider moving it elsewhere.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited March 12, 2020
    Sounds good on paper...but Not sure Nexon is up to the task or even want to do it if money is not involved.

Plus Id prefer to train my brain with memory and you should too. (cus technology had been my memory for too long and now I have like no memory when i do it myself....)

Don't turn out like me D:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Alshian wrote: »
    Sounds good on paper...but Not sure Nexon is up to the task or even want to do it if money is not involved.

Plus Id prefer to train my brain with memory and you should too. (cus technology had been my memory for too long and now I have like no memory when i do it myself....)

It would be easy enough to implement; a lot of it would be already existing code. As for training my brain, my memory, like my ego, is doing just fine. :)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Helsa wrote: »

It would be easy enough to implement; a lot of it would be already existing code. As for training my brain, my memory, like my ego, is doing just fine. :)

-loud cat hissing-

I just wish they can reduce delay on riding and dismounting on pets. (Since most endgame cases requires you to get exceedingly more movement speed to avoid being stun locked or one shot by some attacks.)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 12, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »

-loud cat hissing-

I just wish they can reduce delay on riding and dismounting on pets. (Since most endgame cases requires you to get exceedingly more movement speed to avoid being stun locked or one shot by some attacks.)

Don't worry dear, Granny Helsa still loves you. What about using a crystal deer?