Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Try Talking to Storybook Tir NPCs!

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
For this event, they actually gave the event version of these NPCs actual responses to quite a lot of keywords.

They vary from one to another, but almost all of them have something unique to say when asked about stuff like Private Story and Nearby Rumors, but some even have responses to Int and Adv keywords.

Like Portia in the Grocery Store will talk about Ranged Attack and Magnum Shot, and Avelin will talk about Campfire Skill, and Leymore will respond to Music Score Scroll and Lute.

There are some oversights, like how none of the Knights have any responses to the various Squire/Knight keywords. (Even the 'Avelin' and 'Altam' ones, too bad!) but for the most part they seemed to have put effort into the details, I think it's pretty neat!

Comments

• GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Yeah this event is pretty interesting and I just love the storybook setting.
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    You can even finally give gifts to your favorite NPCs (minus Triona)! I'm gonna make food for all of them.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    The Blaanid and Eiry conversations were fun to go through.
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Crisda wrote: »
    You can even finally give gifts to your favorite NPCs (minus Triona)! I'm gonna make food for all of them.

Yeah! I was surprised when most of them DIDN'T just respond with something like, "Thanks, but I don't need gifts."
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    So, Talvish is the chief of Storybrook. I'm guessing to find out what other npc's are now you have to talk to them. This is a neat Event, I just wish there was a little background as to what Storybrook is. Might help figuring out things like who the decoration team is. Still is more fun than a repeat. Especially since we have to stay home right now in isolation :)
  • RimbaudRimbaud
    Mabinogi Rep: 485
    Can we actually use Likeability pots on them, or do they have favourite items? Can we, say, level up their friendliness with us like normal NPCs? It's high time I finally get my chance and forever marry befriend Ruairí, I've been nagging him ever since this event started. :D

Storybook Tir Chonaill is the actual Tir Na Nog. Everyone is alive and happy, even Tarlach says he's trainign magic just because, since there is no threat he would actually need to go into battle for. What's that if not paradise? Caravan Joe is Aton Cimeni confirmed.
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited March 22, 2020
    Okay, I admit it, I went to the Grocery Store to gawk at Portia all googly-eyed (spoiler)...
    owaQOJv.png
    ...then I apparently forgot where I was (temporarily) because Portia was so enchanting... (also another spoiler)
    aYJjSi5.png
    Edit: Made images click-able so that they load in another page/tab in case too small to read...
    RimbaudSherri
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Rimbaud wrote: »
    Can we actually use Likeability pots on them, or do they have favourite items? Can we, say, level up their friendliness with us like normal NPCs? It's high time I finally get my chance and forever marry befriend Ruairí, I've been nagging him ever since this event started. :D

Storybook Tir Chonaill is the actual Tir Na Nog. Everyone is alive and happy, even Tarlach says he's trainign magic just because, since there is no threat he would actually need to go into battle for. What's that if not paradise? Caravan Joe is Aton Cimeni confirmed.

I don't know about favorite items or the potions yet, but you can raise likability with them just by talking to them. Many of the NPCs already give off friendly vibes over here, and I simply talked to them with the basic keywords in the traveler's diary. Similarly to regular NPCs, their dialogue will change upon using certain keywords (or is it just the Private Story one?) when you're friendly with them.
    Rimbaud
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Rimbaud wrote: »

I've bothered poor Treasure Hunter enough at Doki Doki so I'm giving him a break from me lol
    Now I spend my days in the Tir Inn, relaxing with my favorite bookworm :)
    Rimbaud
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Marith wrote: »
    The Blaanid and Eiry conversations were fun to go through.
    Eiry: Hi-ho! I'm Eiry, Blaanid and I have come to enjoy the festival. We're long overdue for some quality RR, if you ask me.
    starkiller1286Wolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Crisda wrote: »

Making Poison Mushroom Stew for Ruairi and Tarlach.
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    This isn't NPC dialogue but

"Welcome to Portia's Grocery Store! Featuring: FOOOD!!"

Thank you Capt Obvs.