Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Etiquette Of Picking Up Junk

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    courtneyy wrote: »
    I don't find it weird to let people pick up the stuff I drop. If anything I feel happy to know that I've done a good deed for someone else. I drop it because I don't want it, but if they do for whatever reason that's great!

Visa versa too. I love it when people drop stuff on the ground because there may be instances when they drop something I'll want or use, and hey I love free stuff :)! Feel free to drop all your stuff in front of me, or mail me, I'm happy to help clear your inventories c:! Whatever I don't pick up, I'll leave or drop again for someone else.

Well, exactly. I mean, so people pick stuff up, OH NO!
    courtneyy
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I looted a lot of fish yesterday, profit.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Waste not, want not. If someone is dropping items they don't want, wait until they're done and have sorted things out for themselves, then go ahead and pick up whatever you feel you can use. I mean, the stuff despawns after a time anyway, and the main reason why I drop stuff in public is so that other players can somehow get some use out of the junk I don't need. I've dropped so, so many gems in previous events, hoping that my inventory clutter could be someone else's useful windfall.

The players messing with you for salvaging are either rich in real life, rude, or are making some poor excuse for a joke.
  • seiyonseiyon
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    I'm happy when someone can use something I don't want anymore. I also pick dropped items up, but after the person leaves.
    Wolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I found a diamond laying by the slot machine...it was CM4.11 <3
    WolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    People don't have any clue what things are actually worth. I use hundreds of cheap leathers and cheap silks. I turn in Marlins and nails for adventurer seals. All of these things and many others are useful, and I won't hesitate to pick them up. Anyone who would criticize someone for wanting them just doesn't know nearly as much as they think they do.
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsinger
    I looted carp, wheat, and barley that someone was throwing all over Storybook last night. Good to replenish stocks without having to do much work.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I looted carp, wheat, and barley that someone was throwing all over Storybook last night. Good to replenish stocks without having to do much work.

Alas, I had thought of that but couldn't spare the space for inventory.
    Helsa wrote: »

Alas, I had thought of that but couldn't spare the space for inventory.

Fish bag very useful.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited March 28, 2020
    Personally, if I drop something I'm done with it. And if somebody drops a pile of gems that's free ego food.

Following somebody around might get you some weird looks though.

The only time I was ever miffed at somebody picking up items I was dropping on purpose was when they started complaining that I wasn't dropping the items they wanted. o_O
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Policroma wrote: »
    Personally, if I drop something I'm done with it. And if somebody drops a pile of gems that's free ego food.

The only time I was ever miffed at somebody picking up items I was dropping on purpose was when they started complaining that I wasn't dropping the items they wanted. o_O

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to following folks around who are dumping their inventory. At the end of the day all they can do is type stuff; you don't have to read it. But complaining about what you dropped; wow! <sarcasm>That might make me think that a lot of socially awkward people, whom have little experience interacting with real people directly, play this game in order to hide from the real world and their real selves and live in a fantasy where they are beautiful, strong, and brave, or something. Do you suppose it could be true?</sarcasm>
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

....seriously? Entitled brat indeed. Free garbage and they're still complaining XD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

....seriously? Entitled brat indeed. Free garbage and they're still complaining XD

Only Priam can look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Wolfsinger