Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi reviewed in recent MMOByte video...

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in Town Square
Out of ten total MMORPGs anyway. Skip to Mabinogi @ 7m45s.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I still think Mabinogi is one of the best mmos in history and is even better then the FFXIV mmo. not just cause Mabi is free to play but it is just better overall since there is so much more to do and it feels more enjoyable to play, the only FFXIV has is better graphics. never have found a mmo that quite as fun as this one and sooner or later Mabi always drags me back in. with updated graphics and a new engine Mabinogi would probably be back on top as one of the most popular mmos again. I never really take mmobyte seriously though, he often doesn't do enough research to properly give a review on some of the games mentioned in his videos and promotes private/pirate servers so not really a trustworthy source of information.
    WolfsingerGretaSherriКалашниковcourtneyy
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited March 29, 2020
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the only FFXIV has is better graphics.

And to many people, looks / graphics heavily determine what they'd like to play. I'm sure a number of people would also say 'It's FINAL FANTASY,man! Everyone knows it!" Boils down to advertising too.

Just a thought.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Advertising is advertising. Lots of people say that population-decline is seen in pretty much every on-line multi-player title... perhaps there is starting to be a saturation of game-titles, people are getting busier with their lives, more focus has been allocated towards creating/developing new titles rather than marketing and advertising then further expanding what already exists, the world-population itself may just be declining (over-population being some sort of myth after all), some combination of all of the aforementioned, etc. Mabinogi must have done at least a few things right as there are plenty of people who comment about good times...
    You know a game has «Legendary» status when [former] players make such comments...
    z9yD1O4.pngAdF7ukY.png
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I still think Mabinogi is one of the best mmos in history and is even better then the FFXIV mmo. not just cause Mabi is free to play but it is just better overall since there is so much more to do and it feels more enjoyable to play, the only FFXIV has is better graphics. never have found a mmo that quite as fun as this one and sooner or later Mabi always drags me back in. with updated graphics and a new engine Mabinogi would probably be back on top as one of the most popular mmos again. I never really take mmobyte seriously though, he often doesn't do enough research to properly give a review on some of the games mentioned in his videos and promotes private/pirate servers so not really a trustworthy source of information.

He even rewievs private servers? Bruh, that's so unprofessional and risky...
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Greta wrote: »

mmobyte has reviewed and recommended Dekaron Rising, Code Closers, and a Aura Kingdom private server that they would not list in the video for legal reasons but would give a link to anyone who requested it in a private Discord chat and all of them are private servers. these three reviews were easy to find in under a hour so there are probably a lot more. all three official servers of these mmos appear to still be alive but mmobyte seems to be okay with supporting the private servers that steal content from developers and choke the life out of the official servers for the games. private servers are very risky since we have no idea how long they will last and they are often less enjoyable cause they are made overly easy cause some lazy players don't want to put any actual effort into a game anymore. for these reasons I would suggest everyone avoid private servers and not trust any information that comes from the mmobyte channel.
    GretaHabimaruWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited March 30, 2020

You think professionalism and integrity is valued by some people this day and age?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 30, 2020

You think professionalism and integrity is valued by some people this day and age?

Don't you value them?
  • GretaGreta
    I value it wdf.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Not amongst those who call themselves police...:
    «We investigated ourselves and have decided that we're not guilty of any [unconstitutional] wrong-doing...»
    «I feared for my life...» & «I thought the dog/baby had a gun so I had to shoot him/it»
    I have a whole bunches of comments about the Criminals on Patrol that I've screen-shot over time... (spoilers)
    NGluGOF.png
    Jitfui3.png
    nMyB5Np.png
    WkYzYZb.png
    51u6dz9.png
    4IpFIFy.png
    fOs5BMK.png
    IhrKGoR.png

• GretaGreta
    You russian Habi?
  • HelsaHelsa
    You russian Habi?

Capital R dear. Yes, they are.
  • GretaGreta
    Helsa wrote: »
    You russian Habi?

Capital R dear. Yes, they are.

Nationality isn't written with capital letters in my language so don't blame me. This is how i write, dear. Also it makes sense why Habi is... Nevermind, i'll keep that to myself.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    edited April 9, 2020
    -removed-
  • HelsaHelsa
    I rarely get annoyed from people but MMObyte is always a hard pass for me. They seem overall shady and their reviews are lackluster at best, rushed at worst (with grating personalities on top). It's to the point where you're better off just joining the mmo blind.
    Also it makes sense why Habi is... Nevermind, i'll keep that to myself.

Why Habi is what?

So, how'd you get your account name in Cyrillic and how'd you get that avatar picture to be used by the forum?
  • GretaGreta
    Helsa wrote: »
    I rarely get annoyed from people but MMObyte is always a hard pass for me. They seem overall shady and their reviews are lackluster at best, rushed at worst (with grating personalities on top). It's to the point where you're better off just joining the mmo blind.
    Also it makes sense why Habi is... Nevermind, i'll keep that to myself.

Why Habi is what?

So, how'd you get your account name in Cyrillic and how'd you get that avatar picture to be used by the forum?

He's glitching it and i got zero ideas if that is okay or not by Nexon's standarts.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    edited April 9, 2020
    -removed-