Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we get a option to change the color of our ego

Racoon69Racoon69
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited March 27, 2020 in General Chat
I was discussing this with a friend and she and I wished that we could choose what color our ego is rather than having to level past the preferred color that we liked it at, due to both fashion, and not having a neon bright color blinding us on some ranks
  1. Should we be able to choose what color our ego is from past ego levels that we unlocked?15 votes
    1. Yes, it'd be nice to be able to color coordinate our egos to our clothing.
       73% (11 votes)
    2. No, it'd be stupid to do that since I'd have to level my ego past the color I like.
       27% (4 votes)

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited March 27, 2020
    Only if we get an option to inspect another player's Ego via right clicking like we used to.

Otherwise the colors are how we tell how strong another player's Ego is.
    Sherricourtneyy
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah this is the next logical step on ego customization.
    Well... one logical step at any rate.

We already have the transformation liqueurs that change the form of the spirit's glow, like to feathers or some such, so having a new type of liqueurs that changes the color of the spirit glow would be cool.

It could work like a dye, where they'd come in the form of one item just with many different variations based on the RGB or Hex value of the color and then another liqueur whose function would be to revert the color to its default color, which would be based on the spirit's level like normal.
  • Racoon69Racoon69
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Yeah this is the next logical step on ego customization.
    Well... one logical step at any rate.

We already have the transformation liqueurs that change the form of the spirit's glow, like to feathers or some such, so having a new type of liqueurs that changes the color of the spirit glow would be cool.

It could work like a dye, where they'd come in the form of one item just with many different variations based on the RGB or Hex value of the color and then another liqueur whose function would be to revert the color to its default color, which would be based on the spirit's level like normal.

I like the idea! That's what i was thinking, that or adding a new tab to the spirit window that lets you adjust the color based on a slider bar that you can slide up to the point of level that is the current max of the spirit, sort of like this gauge on the wiki: Ego_Level_Colors.png
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I'm in favor of picking a color on the gradient you've already unlocked. It seems like a simple customization choice. I actually don't care how high a level someone's ego is, it doesn't mean they picked all the "Right" level up options anyway. Or even got all the ego points (although you'd have to deliberately not talk to your ego to get less than the max.) and if I cared to show off how high level mine was, I'd just leave it at the max.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Only if we get an option to inspect another player's Ego via right clicking like we used to.

Why would it matter if you can't look at how strong someone's ego is?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited March 27, 2020
    Kaga wrote: »

Curiosity? Someone wanting to show they have a good weapon beyond basic stats?

The desire to freely change color is from a fashion standpoint, so the desire to inspect another's currently equipped Ego would be the improvement on the content runner's side.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Kaga wrote: »

Curiosity? Someone wanting to show they have a good weapon beyond basic stats?

The desire to freely change color is from a fashion standpoint, so the desire to inspect another's currently equipped Ego would be the improvement on the content runner's side.

They should of never got rid of the ability to see someones ego to begin with. I loved showing off my little wand ego and now I wanna show off him even more now that he's a stronk staff. :<
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I want people to see my ego is level 100. They need to put that feature in.
    Kaga