Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

I guess Shield Hero...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in General Chat
Was out of their budget.

I have never heard of this anime...

Welp I guess this is the crossover we get. We wanted a crossover. Here you go.
________HabimaruGretaHelsa

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I almost wanna say their models in Mabinogi look better than the ones from the actual anime.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    well players suggested want a bus pet so I guess we are getting it:
    ddufxuj-a56bd8a1-a6a5-43e1-8e1a-ad1b285effe1.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGR1Znh1ai1hNTZiZDhhMS1hNmE1LTQzZTEtOGUxYS1hZDFiMjg1ZWZmZTEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.5idruWfSTlNntV1OXzoKLNG7_VTrC8yqX2_9la-r3xE

personally I think this event looks really cute and will probably get both the pets cause I love all cat related things.
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I'm extremely disappointed...
    CrimsọnTwistedxFatecourtneyyFOXAssassin________
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 9, 2020
    I know I knock on crossover events all the time....

but this is absolutely horrid-looking.

I'd probably not even log in, but I still have a few days missing for the puzzle event.

And then there's this weekly item lottery thing.... that people seem to be staying at, despite the item not even being available until Saturday.
    ________WolfsingerGreta
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Why so negative? It's not the best possible outcome, but it's still pretty good. The characters are cute, and any crossover is better than the old worn-out events that keep being repeated each year. Doki Doki wasn't fun the first time, Dragon Boat racing still has my hatred for the rafting docks, and many of the other 'favorite' events people keep asking for are just afk and login events with nice prizes. A Kemono crossover far better that most things that could have taken its place.
  • xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    only furries would know and like this anime
    ________CrimsọnGretaRadiant DawnKaga
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    But, the characters aren't furries. o.o
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited April 9, 2020
    Nexon marketing must be as lost and confused as Kaban-chan from the anime.
    Crims wrote: »
    Was out of their budget.

I have never heard of this anime...

Welp I guess this is the crossover we get. We wanted a crossover. Here you go.

Only reason why I know of it is because its OP theme was on my playlist and was catchy. Otherwise, it's a kids show.
    I'm wondering if Nexon has more marketing data for Mabi among the younger population to make this pick, because to me, it is a strange one.
    Crimsọn
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Wow, this is so shocking. This was at a time the most popular and most talked about anime. After people gave it a chance and realized it was actually good.
    Habimaru
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Timefall wrote: »
    Why so negative? It's not the best possible outcome, but it's still pretty good. The characters are cute, and any crossover is better than the old worn-out events that keep being repeated each year. Doki Doki wasn't fun the first time, Dragon Boat racing still has my hatred for the rafting docks, and many of the other 'favorite' events people keep asking for are just afk and login events with nice prizes. A Kemono crossover far better that most things that could have taken its place.

It's still the same old tired events but with anime skin.
    Helsa
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited April 9, 2020

I mean, what did you expect? Would've been that way for any other crossover. Last time we had any events for a crossover was the FSN one iirc.
    SherriWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Awww I remember hearing about this anime! :O It's the one where they had a cutout of a character for a penguin at a zoo right?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Sherri wrote: »
    Awww I remember hearing about this anime! :O It's the one where they had a cutout of a character for a penguin at a zoo right?

Grape-kun. RIP.
    Sai wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Grape-kun. RIP.

Grape-kun became more famous that the anime itself.

You know what game is getting Shield Hero cross over though? Mobile game Grand Summoner. It helps being a game owned by an anime distributor. They've gotten all the possible crossovers we just wish for.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

You know what game is getting Shield Hero cross over though? Mobile game Grand Summoner. It helps being a game owned by an anime distributor. They've gotten all the possible crossovers we just wish for.

the mobile game Valkyrie Connect got a Fairy Tail crossover recently too
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    It certainly can't be that bad (probably). I just would prefer to deal with only one Event at a time instead of multiple events at a time since there are still previous Events that have not yet come to their conclusion. Perhaps doing it that way would yield more Quality over Quantity ?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Negativity on the forums is sadly normal.
    xDerpx wrote: »
    only furries would know and like this anime
    I mean, I haven't heard of this one before. It hardly looks like furry bait at all to me, though it is still pretty cute.
    SebastianDarkpixie99Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Why so negative?
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Negativity on the forums is sadly normal.

There's a pretty relevant video for this:
    SebastianCrimsọnRadiant DawnBuffaloscourtneyyWolfsinger
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I mean, it is what it is.

By the end of the day it's just going to be recycled events with crossover skins. Does it matter that much if that skin doesn't happen to be of a show YOU wanted?
    КалашниковSherri
This discussion has been closed.