Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Not even 5 minutes and someone got the legend weap

DragoneartusDragoneartus
Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
in General Chat
how to piss off your player base 101

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Is that why I missed the last lineup, I take it XDD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 11, 2020
    What's even the point of making each item's giveaway 3 hours long if the item can be won within 2 minutes? Should have made the giveaway on top of each hour and be done with it...
    courtneyySherriWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited April 11, 2020
    I think the way they went about this event was very shortsighted in almost every aspect, to be completely honest. People swarming around the event NPC trying to crash people, blocking the NPC altogether, etc. At the very least they shouldn't have encouraged everyone to clutter all in one spot.

I also don't think this is the way to go about making divine weapons more "obtainable". Been gathering materials somewhat successfully for a Divine Blade and now they're just slapping it into someone's hands lol
    GretacourtneyyNilremSherriWolfsingerRadiant DawnChaosShadow
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    just wait they'll be in gacha boxes real soon so the market will be flooded with em
    courtneyyChaosShadow
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    To be honest, when I read how the event worked I was really disappointed, and I didn't even bother to login. It's not even about the potential prize (I could care less about it). For one, I can't imagine what the lag was like on the Nao server. And for two, I really don't like events such as this one where you are required to login at a certain time slot just to take part.
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus
    The lucky channels make it worse because whoever tried to switch to it immediately got logged out.
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    A very poorly planned event.

You don’t know what the lucky Chanel is until the event has started. If you change channel, you will NOT be getting that legendary weapon. It’s rubbish from the start. You don’t even have a cool down period before the event starts. The space you need to fit in is tiny. Not to mention, they like to make it hard to know what is happening just from the announcements.

Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yes, the switching to lucky channel won't help. It's best to just stay and hope that you are in one and spam talk to NPC to get into a line before most players... Fun.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 11, 2020
    You want unlucky? It happened while I was at dialysis.
    Not that I wanted the item anyways.
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus
    Like I was expecting the legendary weapon to actually be legendary and it would last like at-least 1 hour so everyone got a chance but no, it's going to go away in 5 minutes, barely anyone gets a chance.
  • SebastianSebastian
    I guess we will see what the rest of this event will be like in the next 5 minutes.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Imagine having a clusterfest of an event in the midst of a pandemic quarantine as if this amazing server +-poor engine would be able to handle the load.

Also the one who won in Alexina was the 5th one in queue, so that's not even full two minutes.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited April 11, 2020
    Second raffle lasted 16 minutes. Also a lucky bonus channel win. Sounds like there's really no point in trying on other channels that aren't the lucky bonus, but even then you waste some time switching to those for a spot.

I think I've had enough of this event.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 11, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    What's even the point of making each item's giveaway 3 hours long if the item can be won within 2 minutes? Should have made the giveaway on top of each hour and be done with it...

The way the system works is indeed a raffle. When the item goes up a number has already been selected. Rather than going through ALL the numbers someone just has to get the lucky number. Once the player with the lucky number that has already been selected goes up the raffle is over. This potentially saves everyone time.

The system is fair and it works. What isn't fair is all the alts.

Sai wrote: »
    You want unlucky? It happened while I was at dialysis.
    Not that I wanted the item anyways.

Then this is a nonissue.

Hope you get better soon.
    Wolfsinger
  • SebastianSebastian
    Crims wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

The way the system works is indeed a raffle. When the item goes up a number has already been selected. Rather than going through ALL the numbers someone just has to get the lucky number. Once the player with the lucky number that has already been selected goes up the raffle is over. This potentially saves everyone time.

The system is fair and it works. What isn't fair is all the alts.

Botinogi wins again
    Liberate
  • xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    if i were to afk on the red carpet would i be entered? or do i have to talk to the npc when it starts because i have work until night time which has the best items that i like .-.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 11, 2020
    xDerpx wrote: »
    if i were to afk on the red carpet would i be entered? or do i have to talk to the npc when it starts because i have work until night time which has the best items that i like .-.

You have to get your ticket from the npc first and then afk on the carpet. But don't afk too long or you might miss out on being able to get another ticket after yours is called.

That divine blade is going to have soooooooooooooo many alts it's going to crash everyone. :scream:
  • xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    Crims wrote: »
    xDerpx wrote: »

You have to get your ticket from the npc first and then afk on the carpet. But don't afk too long or you might miss out on being able to get another ticket after yours is called.

That divine blade is going to have soooooooooooooo many alts it's going to crash everyone. :scream:

guess this event is useless for me then with my current schedule

spongebob.jpg
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I guess this is the kind of event where it pays off to be a night-owl.
    Better chances for winning that «Legendary Toilet-Paper» ...ahem... I mean... Divine Hand-Out.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    What you guys don't like events designed for people who buy duped gold from chinese sites distribute it among their alt accounts and run auto clickers in virtual machines to get some base grade trash weapons so they can LARP they have something good?
    courtneyy