Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Trade restriction keeping me from dropping locket

SanguinogiSanguinogi
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
Started playing again after a long hiatus with a new account and bought nx. There is now a trade restriction on my account which pops up whenever I try to drop Tarlach's Locket on the Alby altar keeping me from dropping it. Do I really have to wait a week to progress through G1? This is making it hard to get into the game again...

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    ... You should still be able to click on the goddess statue to select an offering, right?
  • SanguinogiSanguinogi
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Eralea wrote: »
    ... You should still be able to click on the goddess statue to select an offering, right?

I tried this too, ultimately it still leads to dropping the item which I am not allowed to do. Fortunately, my restriction is over in a few hours so I'll finally be able to do dungeons, but I can see this as a barrier keeping returning players from playing the game. It would be great if the clicking the goddess statue route consumed the item instead of simply being a different way to drop the item on the altar.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Okay yea that's actually multiple levels of retardation lmao

Putting aside that silly hackjob of how dungeon entrances work, the fact that they never considered that dropping items is an integral part of how the game is played has now led to the trade restrictions (meant to stop bots and frauds) blocking legit gameplay.

At least there's a straightforward fix for it. Just have the statue/altar take the item without dropping it into the actual world. There is no way a credit abuser is going to resell an item that has been eaten by the game system.