Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Harmon's Flower Tree Event! 4/30-5/21

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited April 30, 2020 in General Chat
Hey, guys! I noticed that some have been lamenting the lack of an Event Page for new stuff on the forums, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Have your chats about the event here!~

Harmon's Flower Tree Event http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JJ6 (see here for new/renewed tree pictures!)
Event Dates: Thursday, April 30th, After Maintenance - Thursday, May 21st, Before Maintenance

Event Details
During the event, you will receive the quest, "[Guide] Part-Time Job Available - Harmon".
Talk to Harmon in Dunbarton.
You do not need to register a main account. All characters can participate.
Harmon will only work with one character at a time.
Once completed, you will receive the following rewards:
10,000 EXP

Daily Quest Info
The daily quests reset each day at 7:00 AM PDT.
Any quest that is not completed by 7:00 AM PDT will be cancelled. All quest items will be removed at that time.
Daily quests will require you to complete two stages:
For the first stage, you will receive one of two quests ([Event] Part-Time Job - Barley Husks or [Event] Part-Time Job - Shadow Realm Soil
After completing the first stage, you will receive the [Event] Part-Time Job - Grow Saplings
You can skip the first stage by purchasing the Mysterious Sapling from Harmon for 10,000 Gold.

Daily Quest 1

Part-Time Job - Barley Husks
Talk to Harmon to accept the Part-Time Job.
When harvesting a Barley field, you have a chance of harvesting Suitable Barley.
Mill 10 Suitable Barley at the Windmill in Tir Chonaill to receive a Bag of Barley Husks.
Once completed, you will earn the following rewards:
20,000 EXP
Harmon's Paper Box

Part-Time Job - Shadow Realm Soil
Talk to Harmon to accept the Part-Time Job.
Clear a Shadow Mission of any level to receive a Bag of Shadow Realm Soil.
You can get the Bag of Shadow Realm Soil from any Tara or Taillteann Shadow Realm mission.
20,000 EXP
Harmon's Paper Box

Daily Quest 2

Part-Time Job - Growing Saplings
Talk to Harmon in Dunbarton.
Harmon will give you a Mysterious Sapling (Level 1), Curious Cabbage Seed, and Harmon's Farming Tool Set (Rental).
Use Harmon's Nutri-Grow Fertilizer to grow the Mysterious Sapling to Level 4.
There are two ways to acquire Harmon's Nutri-Grow Fertilizer:
Farm the Curious Cabbage Seed for 20 min. Deliver the harvested Curious Cabbage to Harmon to receive Harmon's Nutri-Grow Fertilizer.
Purchase Harmon's Nutri-Grow Fertilizer from Harmon for 4,000 Gold.
One Harmon's Nutri-Grow Fertilizer potion will increase the Mysterious Sapling by one level. Repeat this process to grow the Mysterious Sapling from Level 1 to Level 4.
Use Harmon's Farming Tool Set (Rental) to grow the Mysterious Sapling from Level 4 to Level 5.
20,000 EXP
Harmon's Paper Box
Homestead Small Pretty Cherry Blossom Tree

Completion Quest

[Challenge] Grow a Mysterious Sapling 15 Times
Grow a Mysterious Sapling (Level 5) and bring it to Harmon 15 times.
Once the quest is completed, you will receive the following rewards:
20,000 EXP
Harmon's Paper Box
Homestead Gorgeous Cherry Blossom Tree (Stats upon placement: INT +3, Magic Attack +5, Music Buff Effect +1%)

Notes
The Curious Cabbage will remain in the Homestead Crop list until the next update. However, you will be unable to obtain Curious Cabbage Seeds after the event ends.
Any Curious Cabbage obtained through the event will be destroyed with the next update.
The Bag of Barley Husks will still appear on the crafting list for the Mill after the event ends. However, you will be unable to obtain Suitable Barley once the event ends.
You can purchase Packaged Mysterious Seedling from Harmon. This will allow you to grow the Mysterious Sapling two times a day. You can only purchase this if you have finished the Daily Quest.

Harmon's Paper Box Prizes
*New* Homestead Abundant Cherry Blossom TreeMabinogi Homestead Abundant Cherry Blossom Tree
*New* Homestead Pretty Cherry Blossom TreeMabinogi Homestead Pretty Cherry Blossom Tree
*New* Homestead Snow-Covered TreeMabinogi Homestead Snow-Covered Tree
*New* Homestead Small Snow-Covered TreeMabinogi Homestead Small Snow-Covered Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Prairie TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Prairie Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Hamonious Japanese Cedar TreeMabinogi Homestead Hamonious Japanese Cedar Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Fir TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Fir Tree
*Renewed* Harmonious Desert Tree 1Mabinogi Harmonious Desert Tree 1
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Desert Tree 2Mabinogi Homestead Harmonious Desert Tree 2
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Tree 1Mabinogi Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Tree 1
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Tree 2Mabinogi Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Tree 2
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Apple TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Apple Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Apple TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Snowfield Apple Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Cherry Blossom TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Cherry Blossom Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious BambooMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Bamboo Tree
*Renewed* Homestead Harmonious Orange TreeMabinogi Homestead Harmonious Orange Tree
Lucky Red Upgrade Stone (Event)
Lucky Blue Upgrade Stone (Event)
Rebirth Potion (Event)
Martial Arts 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Dual Gun 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Magic 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Life 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Alchemy 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Music 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Ninja 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Puppetry 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Close Combat 2x EXP Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Special Tendering Potion S (Event) (Expiries: 15 days)
Magic Power Potion (Expiries: 15 days)
Special High Speed Gathering Potion (Event) (Expiries: 15 days)
Movement Speed 40% Increase Potion (Event) (Expiries: 15 days)
Combat 2x EXP Potion (30 min) (Expiries: 15 days)
Full Recovery Potion (Event) (Expiries: 15 days)
Nao's Soul Stone x5 (Event) (Expiries: 15 days)
Party Phoenix Feather (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 9 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 10 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 11 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 12 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 13 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 14 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 15 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 16 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 17 (Expires: 7 days)
Age Potion - Age 18 (Expires: 7 days)
HP Buff Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
MP Buff Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
Stamina Buff Potion (Event (Expires: 7 days))
Protection/DEF Buff Potion (Event) (Expires: 7 days)
HP 30 Potion
HP 50 Potion
HP 100 Potion
HP 300 Potion
MP 30 Potion
MP 50 Potion
MP 100 Potion
MP 300 Potion
Stamina 30 Potion
Stamina 50 Potion
Stamina 100 Potion
Stamina 300 Potion
HP/MP 30 Potion
HP/MP 50 Potion
HP/MP 100 Potion
HP/MP 300 Potion
HP/Stamina 30 Potion
HP/Stamina 50 Potion
HP/Stamina 100 Potion
HP/Stamina 300 Potion
Diet Potion U
Diet Potion L
Diet Potion F
Heliodor (Size: 2.0 cm)
Bloodstone (Size: 2.0 cm)
Jade (Size: 2.0 cm)
Tourmaline (Size: 2.0 cm)
Pink Sapphire (Size: 2.0 cm)
Jet (Size: 2.0 cm)
Opal (Size: 2.0 cm)
Phantom Quartz (Size: 2.0 cm)
Tanzanite (Size: 2.0 cm)
Ametrine (Size: 2.0 cm)
Green Heliodor (Size: 2.0 cm)
Red Heliodor (Size: 2.0 cm)
Topaz (Size: 3.0 cm)
Star Sapphire (Size: 3.0 cm)
Emerald (Size: 3.0 cm)
Aquamarine (Size: 3.0 cm)
Garnet (Size: 3.0 cm)
Jasper (Size: 3.0 cm)
Ruby (Size: 3.0 cm)
Spinel (Size: 3.0 cm)
CMKyriosHazurahKensamaofmariКалашников
  1. Do you guys want me to keep doing these?17 votes
    1. Yes.
       65% (11 votes)
    2. No.
       12% (2 votes)
    3. Don't care.
       24% (4 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    good post about the event, I think it is helpful for the community to help keep other players informed about any important event information. this event just doesn't feel like it is worth the time and effort though. quest rewards don't seem all that great and the Harmon's Paper Box is mostly filled with junk.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    man, the npc monolog is full of confusing grammar
    Leinei
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Thanks Leinei, you are the best, most dedicated person on the forums imo.
    LeineiWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • MelbellMelbell
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Leinei wrote: »

You can purchase Packaged Mysterious Seedling from Harmon. This will allow you to grow the Mysterious Sapling two times a day. You can only purchase this if you have finished the Daily Quest.

I've completed the daily quest but when i try to buy a second seedling he tells me its been reserved for another costumer and have to come at a special time to buy it. I tried changing channels and there isn't a "complete" button to hit in the quests window. Has anyone been able to get a second seedling from him yet?
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Is homestead prop stats worth it?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570

5 magic attack

yep
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Hazurah wrote: »

5 magic attack

yep

Hm, is better than the nothing I have, too. This homestead revamp is new to me but don't feel like registering event character...
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited April 30, 2020
    Melbell wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

I've completed the daily quest but when i try to buy a second seedling he tells me its been reserved for another costumer and have to come at a special time to buy it. I tried changing channels and there isn't a "complete" button to hit in the quests window. Has anyone been able to get a second seedling from him yet?

Same here, I can't purchase the 50k sappling. Already tried it with my other characters before completing any dailies (you have the choice of purchasing it before you complete the first quest), and then after. Relogged and Changed channels, too. Nothing e.e;

eh well, the event boxes are bank transferable at least

@Калашников you don't need to register, basically just come up to the NPC and do the quest, you have the option of paying the quest to completion (22k gold total) or doing it the long way (actually doing the quest and growing the cabbages). You'll get the full rewards either way o,o
    Калашников
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Why do these paper boxes have 1x 30pt potions as possible prizes? What is this, an event gift box from 2009?
    Potions from events are only worth it when they come in batches of 5 or so, with a potency of at least 300, and either RE or SE.
    And even then, with gift boxes that are pretty limited in the amount you can earn in a day (what is it, like two of these paper boxes a day?) having potions at all to clog up the list of rewards is even less appreciable.

I feel like I complain about this a lot, but it's not like my standards are going to lower back down enough to make 30pt potions seem like a worthwhile gift box reward.
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 30, 2020
    100 pt potions would do since those don't even sell from NPCs.

the 30s are like below 100 gold in price making me think this event is as cheap as heavy RNG telling ya to better luck next time.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    edited April 30, 2020
    https://luoqi.tiancity.com/homepage/event/2020/0422act/page2.html
    I'm half sure that we were supposed to get a chance at a homestead pergola with this event.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 30, 2020
    Mabi6 wrote: »
    I'm half sure that we were supposed to get a chance at a homestead pergola with this event.

Japan didn't get it either from what I can tell... maybe it's only in the China version. Sometimes they change events for us. It looks really nice though so I hope we do eventually get it, and I hope it's in an event and not in a gacha

img1_2.jpg

the potions are kinda pathetic, I agree. You can get 2 boxes on every character of your account so depending on how many characters you have that's a decent amount of boxes per day if you put in the effort. I definitely am happy about the 1 x 1 trees!! I can replace some of my other trees in my homestead to make the forest around the perimeter more dense. Some of those trees were 5 x 5! Glad to be able to replace them with 1 x 1 versions
    GypsySpirit
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Growing curious cabbage is quite easy even for people with time constraints.Simply plant the seed and play music to help it grow.If you succeed the first try on a short music score then there's only 5 min left. Play a longer score and succeed it's pretty much ready for harvest.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited May 1, 2020
    Arjune wrote: »
    Mabi6 wrote: »

Japan didn't get it either from what I can tell... maybe it's only in the China version. Sometimes they change events for us. It looks really nice though so I hope we do eventually get it, and I hope it's in an event and not in a gacha

img1_2.jpg

the potions are kinda pathetic, I agree. You can get 2 boxes on every character of your account so depending on how many characters you have that's a decent amount of boxes per day if you put in the effort. I definitely am happy about the 1 x 1 trees!! I can replace some of my other trees in my homestead to make the forest around the perimeter more dense. Some of those trees were 5 x 5! Glad to be able to replace them with 1 x 1 versions

That sucks that that pergola available for us to get; it looks really nice. =(

Also, is it just me or are the cherry blossom still under that dark filter? I think they'd be nicer if they were vibrant like the Yggdrasil tree.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Growing curious cabbage is quite easy even for people with time constraints.Simply plant the seed and play music to help it grow.If you succeed the first try on a short music score then there's only 5 min left. Play a longer score and succeed it's pretty much ready for harvest.

These are the same as any normal crop, aren't they?
    Is so, the length of the score scroll does not matter for speeding up crop growth.
    The amount the crop growth is boosted is based purely on Playing Instrument/Song's rank.
    All you need is a normal success. Great success works, but is not any better.
    So a score scroll with 1 note would be best, as long as the scroll isn't 2 or more ranks lower than your Playing/Song rank.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 1, 2020
    Did anyone try to trade Bag of Barley Husks between characters? Is it possible?

EDIT: Just did research myself and seems like the Bags can't be put in pet inventories, but the Suitable Barley can.

EDIT 2: Nope, not worth it though. It's extremely tedious to try and get Barley Husks with an alt that has like 70% success rate. Too many failed attempts. Just gonna stick with main.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited May 1, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Is so, the length of the score scroll does not matter for speeding up crop growth.
    The amount the crop growth is boosted is based purely on Playing Instrument/Song's rank.
    So a score scroll with 1 note would be best, as long as the scroll isn't 2 or more ranks lower than your Playing/Song rank.

The reason he mentions the song length is because the cabbage has a 20 minute grow time. So if your song is 3 minutes, you've already expended a significant amount of the grow time by the time your song is done.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

The reason he mentions the song length is because the cabbage has a 20 minute grow time. So if your song is 3 minutes, you've already expended a significant amount of the grow time by the time your song is done.

Ha, I mean, that's true.
    If all you care about is waiting for the cabbage to grow, it doesn't really matter how you fill the remaining time leftover from the playing/song growth bonus.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited May 1, 2020
    Soooooo... this Mysterious Sapling of mine is stuck at Level 4... I must be doing it wrong...

Edit : Scratch that... just figured it out (Tool was on Cool-Down when the above was posted).
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Event information and tips:

This event can be done on multiple characters each day, but only a single character per account may be actively working on the quest at once. The first time each character speaks to the event NPC near Glenis in Dunbarton, they must select 'Read so-and-so's notes' before they will be able to begin the quest.

Each half of the quest rewards an event box, which will either contain a rare and valuable tree, or junk. It is the only source of several of the new trees. All the previously existing trees obtained from this box occupy only a 1x1 space in homesteads, making them much more appealing.

The first half of the quest can be skipped for 10k by purchasing a sapling from the NPC's shop. I don't believe this will give you the first event box though (correct me if I'm wrong). When the quest he gives is to obtain 2 sacks of Barley Husks, the Suitable Barley gathered from any barley source can be stored in pets to provide for your other characters, but the husks cannot. You will need 20 suitable barley for each character that receives this quest, at a minimum.

Phantasmal Sight works wonders for this quest. A single gather of Suitable Barley with Phantasmal's golden light (Huge Lucky) will be enough for the 2 sacks of husks. It doesn't take long to fill a pet's inventory with Suitable Barley when using phantasmal sight. Homestead Barley Patches and Upgraded Sickles may also prove convenient.

The windmill in Tir Chronaill doesn't have the best success rate, so expect a couple failures. For main characters, Harvest Song + Rain Casting will bring it up to 99%. For other characters, you might take a few minutes to rank up Production Mastery by crafting paper cranes or gathering almost anything. +15% makes a big difference.

For the second part of the quest, you can skip growing he cabbages for just 12k, by buying fertilizer (1 at a time) from the event NPC. Unlike buying the sapling, there is no drawback to buying the fertilizer. After using 3 fertilizer, there will be a 20 minute wait before you can complete the quest, while the rental toolbox from the NPC is being used. During this time, you can do other things, or even log out, but you cannot begin the quest on other characters until the current one finishes. When on a lower-level character, completing daily quests for adventurer seals may be a good use of time. A character can earn 5-10 seals in these 20 minutes, even if it can't fight.

Completing the second part of the quest will give a second event box, totaling 2 event boxes per day per character. It will also bring you 1 step closer to completing the 'Grow 15 saplings' quest, which rewards a powerful, and therefore valuable, homestead object. Because each character shows the "Grow 15 saplings' quest in the quest log, I believe the reward can be attained on each character.

The NPC and event page also mention that a second sapling can be purchased each day after growing the first, for 50k. Currently, this does not seem to work. Either it is bugged, or perhaps the phrasing "after completing the daily quest" is referring to the 'grow 15 saplings' quest.