Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Training skills

BronzezenBronzezen
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
in General Chat
Is there a method, to train your skills quick and efficiently ?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Depends what skills we are talking about. You can check Mabinogi wiki and read training strategies there, also you can look up Mabinogi Discord server OR you can check this Guide to Skill Training (by Yamanoki), which i found in forum Game Guide category. Good luck!
    Bronzezen
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Yes. Master Plan Event Skill Training Bonus + 2x Skill Training EXP Potion + Blue Prism effect + Level 200 2x skill training bonus + 2x (or 3x if you have the Royal version) All Skill Training Potion + etc. (can't remember right now)

Should get a Master Plan event this summer, so if you're patient, you can start stocking up/hoarding any (non-timed) training potions/items if you haven't already. :)
    Bronzezen
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Bronzezen wrote: »

There is but it is important to separate ranking skills and mastering/danning them. If you are willing to do that and furthermore if you are willing to put off mastering/danning to a later date you can rank skills VERY efficiently by visiting Duncan often. Duncan is the chief of Tir Chonail. He has a special service where he will lower all your skills to rank F. This returns the AP to you. Don't worry, you can put the AP right back and raise the skills back without re-training them. What Duncan's service does for you is first it allows you to borrow AP from yourself, second, it lowers your combat power. Combat power is the measure of you character that causes some monsters to be labelled as boss, awful, weak, and so on. You may have noticed when you first started that the wolves in Tir Chonail were rated as boss and by now perhaps are rated weakest? that is because your combat power has risen. When you raise skills your stats go up too this raises your combat power. So by lowering your skills this reduces your combat power. You want to do this because some skills require interreacting with monsters that have a particular rating with respect to you. As you get strong these can be harder to find. The reason you want to save mastering and danning until the very end is that when you lower your skills any partial progress you have made toward mastering is lost and THAT you DO have to redo.
    Deathlander
  • TimefallTimefall
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    edited May 7, 2020
    Remember that you can acquire Training Seals from the Seal Merchant on Sundays, in exchange for adventurer seals. Adventurer seals can be moved from other characters through the bank, so if you encounter particularly bothersome requirements, you can skip a few points of training by doing Daily Adventurer Seal quests on multiple characters each day, and buying some seals.

Personally, I've used them to skip the 'protect another player' requirement of Shield of Trust. You can also skip skill books and quests with them, including Practice Rank of Shock.

For actual training where monster kills are required, I enjoy the Nowhere to Run mission. Even if you don't need combat power, it's far less boring than foxes, and easier to gather multiple enemies in a single spot.

For life skills, homesteads can provide a large bonus to entire talents (Cooking talent, Smithing talent, Tailoring Talent, Apothecary Talent, and Carpentry Talent). You can gain them in your homestead, or in a friend's. The bonuses apply to all players inside the homestead at once. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Homestead_Houses
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Saitama-1024x576.jpg
    CMKyriosHabimaruRadiant DawnWolfsingerAlshianTwelie
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited May 7, 2020
    Yes. For CP-intensive skills, I often use the first battle of Saga Episode 5, exiting & re-starting after that Red-Coloured Warrior spawns. Other note-able Missions to use for training include Their Method (usually for Puppetry) and The Other Alchemists (for a variety of CP [Combat-Power] specific skills).

For «grind-intensive» materials-consuming life-skills I find it easiest just to do Quest-Dailies for Adventurer-Seals on multiple-characters per day (someone made a guide on it based on a similar guide that I made long ago in the Guides-Section but I personally skip the White-Herbs quest since I was doing that on multiple characters for the sake of time-efficiency). Note that you can also just do Part-Time-Jobs for the appropriate NPC to usually get your skill-rank up to Rank 9 upon doing enough successful Part-Time-Jobs (such as Edern for Black-Smithing, Ailionoa for Tailoring, that dude over by the Light-House at Port-Cobh for Handi-Craft, etc).

Another thing that some people do is stay logged off from their account for over 90 days, then come back for the «Returned Milletian» title, which grants 2x skill-training for all skills when title is equipped, then combine it with the 2x from the intended Talent, and 2x training potions (talent-specific and/or All-Skills Training Potion), especially during any 2x or 3x Event, which can still further be combined with any 3x all-skill-training potion you may have had from before (the rarest of them all which usually came from certain events in the form of Royal Complete Skill Potion).

For Mushroom-Gathering, especially Golden-Mushrooms, particularly if you've been able to collect enough to create a Golden-Mushroom Prop for your Home-Stead, set an Alarm that activates every Wednesday at mid-night Pacific-Time so that you remind yourself to gather the Golden-Mushroom(s) so that you don't forget like I did this week (I really need to set that alarm on my Samsung-Galaxy using that App that I use for all other Alarm-Clock Reminders which has an apparently very fancy name for the app called...: Alarm [I can specify specific days as to when the Alarm is triggered including the Reminder-Note to go along with it {such as how today is Enchant-Day to remind me to get those Enchant-Expiration-Removal-Scrolls which I did earlier}]).

Life-Skills aren't going to be quick but they can be done efficiently.

For combat-skills see my first paragraph to cover the vast majority of anything that is power-specific.
    Everything else is just about grinding and using as many «multipliers» available to you from events/potions/etc.

Edit/Addendum : Forgot to mention to make use of those Skill-Tendering Potions when necessary. Also, for Barrier-Spikes, Saga Episode 6 allows you to «clown around» with Ruairi, for the sake of fulfilling the «Have Barrier Spikes Destroyed by an Enemy» requirement. For anything production-related where you want the maximum success-rate, always join a Production-Party which is often available from someone on the Party Board or start your own so that others can join to form a Production-Party.

For skills that come from the Crusader-Tab, once you get strong enough, and you need to fulfill the «Defeat a Girgashy with Damage from Celestial-Spike» requirements, you can run the Solo-Mission & knock down its Health to around whatever percent is low enough to let the NPC-soldiers finish it off with their Sniping from their Bow & Arrow Archery, then the «Finish» status will be available after you let the Soldiers «Last-Hit» the Girgashy, from which point you can load Celestial-Spike & get that requirement out of the way. The Solo-Mission should be easy enough once you have Vital-Surge & hold off on activating it until it uses that «Poison-Attack» on you (this may still be a ways off for you if you haven't completed Generations all the way up to G23 yet).

Now that should cover everything that I needed to mention. Good luck with training !
    Bronzezen wrote: »
    Deathlander
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited May 7, 2020
    Only 100 push-ups ? 100 sit-ups ? And 100 squats ? No, that's beginner-level. When I was training at my instructor's martial arts school I eventually literally had to do 1000 push-ups [of various types] (in a day), 6000 crunches [of various configurations] (in a day) [granted, they're not quite like sit-ups, but they still made girls drool over my abs if I was careless enough to let my stomach be exposed], and there was a modified version of «squats» that we had to do in the form of holding stances and/or jumping lunches whilst carrying one of his school's punching bags on our shoulders (which weighed anywhere from 70 to 100 pounds depending on which bag we grabbed). Some of what you see in the movies & animé which look like «absurd training requirements» are actually real requirements towards becoming what is often termed «master» or even «grand-master» eventually for any particular genuine «style» of martial art.
    JJ wrote: »
    Saitama-1024x576.jpg
    Edit/Disclaimer : I didn't run for 10km every single day (didn't really focus on running). I did, how-ever, used to grab some dumbbells each day (10 to 20 pounds for each hand), and run up and down as many flights of stairs as I could twice a day (I usually got exhausted after around 70 flights from which point I went to sleep afterwards all drenched in sweatiness). I had no idea at the time that doing this was what puts «pheromone-production» into over-drive but it apparently seemed to work consistently so yeah... anybody who isn't already doing 100+ push-ups per day I'd probably recommend starting out with lighter-weight dumbbells from 5 to 10 pounds each hand but you still will want to run as many flights as possible until you absolutely cannot continue any more to the point of literally being so out-of-breath that plopping onto a bed will cause you to fall asleep immediately (if you're not sleepy after doing the stairs-runs with dumbbells you're not running enough flights).
    Deathlander
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    Multipliers are the best way.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Only 100 push-ups ? 100 sit-ups ? And 100 squats ? No, that's beginner-level. When I was training at my instructor's martial arts school I eventually literally had to do 1000 push-ups [of various types] (in a day), 6000 crunches [of various configurations] (in a day) [granted, they're not quite like sit-ups, but they still made girls drool over my abs if I was careless enough to let my stomach be exposed], and there was a modified version of «squats» that we had to do in the form of holding stances and/or jumping lunches whilst carrying one of his school's punching bags on our shoulders (which weighed anywhere from 70 to 100 pounds depending on which bag we grabbed). Some of what you see in the movies & animé which look like «absurd training requirements» are actually real requirements towards becoming what is often termed «master» or even «grand-master» eventually for any particular genuine «style» of martial art.
    Saitama-1024x576.jpg
    Edit/Disclaimer : I didn't run for 10km every single day (didn't really focus on running). I did, how-ever, used to grab some dumbbells each day (10 to 20 pounds for each hand), and run up and down as many flights of stairs as I could twice a day (I usually got exhausted after around 70 flights from which point I went to sleep afterwards all drenched in sweatiness). I had no idea at the time that doing this was what puts «pheromone-production» into over-drive but it apparently seemed to work consistently so yeah... anybody who isn't already doing 100+ push-ups per day I'd probably recommend starting out with lighter-weight dumbbells from 5 to 10 pounds each hand but you still will want to run as many flights as possible until you absolutely cannot continue any more to the point of literally being so out-of-breath that plopping onto a bed will cause you to fall asleep immediately (if you're not sleepy after doing the stairs-runs with dumbbells you're not running enough flights).

thatsthejoke.jpg

GretaRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Saitama-1024x576.jpg

Most accurate answer to this I've ever seen
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited May 8, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Saitama-1024x576.jpg

Most accurate answer to this I've ever seen

That's just to get from Rank E to D.
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Changing your mindset too. None of that sedentary "do one hour of work and claim you're tired because you 'slaved over it all day'" thinking
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I just look at myself, then look at the powerful player dabbing in power.

Then say "I want to kill him in PvP" -proceeds to train nonstop-
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    If you can get your current level to 200 you can get x2 training of certain skills depending what talent you are in. Then if you can afford it I would recommend using a skill training potion of the skill in the talent you are training (i.e combat or ninja skill training potion). Then also use a All Skill training potion so that way you are getting x6 training in total. I would try and get as far as you can without going insane with x6 and then wait for an event where you can add an extra x2 on top of those multipliers.
    HelsaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 9, 2020
    Why you people keep dropping same suggestions over and over again after OP got already a good answer with a link i posted. I'm pretty sure they checked it out already and apparently there's a decent amount of people still using it. :o Thought everyone forgot about it, but nope, people still drop that link in Discord.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Why you people keep dropping same suggestions over and over again after OP got already a good answer with a link i posted. I'm pretty sure they checked it out already and apparently there's a decent amount of people still using it. :o Thought everyone forgot about it, but nope, people still drop that link in Discord.

Glitch in the matrix.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 9, 2020
    Crims wrote: »

Glitch in the matrix.

It's okay. Nice to see that there's plenty of others who want to help. :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Crims wrote: »

Glitch in the matrix.

It's okay. Nice to see that there's plenty of others who want to help. :)

Hi I'm Kensamaofmari. :D
    Wolfsinger
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    No, you are Crimson. Please don't impersonate other players.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The other day when I was consuming up Advanced Baltane-Seals & getting items from the Supply-Boxes, one of the items that popped out were a set of Baltane Training Bombs, which I looked at in order to see what percentage of damage they would yield to the field, but it turns out that they're apparently another form of a Tendering Potion, except that, rather than making you «weaker» in Combat-Power number, the field-spawns are made stronger in Combat-Power number if I an interpreting the description correctly. Said Baltane-Bombs can also be purchased from Shuan's Baltane-Shop.

I typically stock up on at least 20 before I run Avalon-Bridge on Elite because of that pesky Phase 4 and Phase 5 to achieve 2000+ points...
    (I used to enhance squires but it turns out that the points should only be used to place squires and that's it; nothing more...)