Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Patch Notes - May 14th

CMKyriosCMKyrios
Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
edited June 18, 2020 in Vault
00J6E-5027f043-8644-4c7a-bdb7-b02619522898.jpg

Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes!

The following Events, Sales, and Promotions are running:
New Updates:
  • Talk to the Tiny-Animal-Loving Milletian in Dunbarton and embark on a quest to help a Cotton Candy Sheep realize its dreams! You can check out the event details here.
    • The Cotton Candy Sheep aspires to become great and powerful, just like you! To achieve this goal, it needs Super Sheepy Snacks in order to grow big and strong.
      • Gather up snacks to help the Cotton Candy Sheep grow and earn rewards along the way! As thanks, if you manage to grow the Cotton Candy Sheep big enough you'll earn your own sheepish pal!
    • Of course, this task isn't without danger! On the weekends, deal with the menacing wolves in sheep's clothing! You'll be rewarded aptly for your inspiring courage.
  • Be rewarded for your time spent playing Mabinogi! You'll earn items each week simply for playing, and those who go above and beyond by continuing to play after receiving all of the rewards will earn additional gift boxes! You can check out the details in the event post!
  • The in-game report tool has been updated. You are now able to manually enter a name and two new infraction categories were added, Gambling and Miscellaneous.
  • A strange visitor has appeared in Dunbarton seeking to guide Milletians to a wonderful treasure-filled dungeon. However, you'll need a key to unlock the riches awaiting you. Stay tuned for more information about the Explorer of the Forgotten Tomb event, coming soon!
  • There are more fun and exciting events soon to come!

The following bug fixes and changes have been made to the game:
  • The Japari pet vehicle sound effects no longer make a persistent noise when the summon is cancelled while moving.
  • Changed the hairstyle names for Long 'Indian' Hairdo and Indian Tail to Headband Long Hair and Grassland Tail.
  • Updated item name for Altam Dye Ampoule Set to Altam Fixed Dye Ampoule Set.
  • Weapons that had the Death Herald Scythe Appearance Scroll applied to them no longer cause the player character to appear floating when it is equipped.
  • Game will no longer close when changing the Report User setting to 'Nearby'.
  • Unavailable Flowy Owl wigs will no longer appear when searching for them in the Auction House.
  • Fixed the game error when changing the Report User setting to 'Nearby'.

The following are known bugs:
  • Some appearance scrolls within your inventory cannot be used.
  • The thread effects for the Puppetry and Gunslinger skills do not appear properly.
  • The Large Ladle weapon will display as the same item color as the equipped item in the other hand.
  • The minimized timer bar is overlapping the text UI.
  • The emote Throw Burning Paper Airplane cannot currently use Glittering Paper.
  • The individual PPP cutout displays can be searched in the Auction House.
  • Game will return an error still when changing the Report User setting to 'Nearby'.

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    -reads patch notes-
    -flips desk and cries-
    Tuned Flute still ain't fixed!
    tenor.gif
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The disconnect issue that does not allow you to log back in for 10-15 minutes is also not listed.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    edited May 14, 2020
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    -reads patch notes-
    -flips desk and cries-
    tenor.gif
    Could you explain the Tuned Flute issue to me so I can double check with our QA?

The disconnect issue that does not allow you to log back in for 10-15 minutes is also not listed.
    This is a known issue! But the Known Issues section of the Patch Notes generally doesn't list all Known Issues, just the latest ones between patch notes.
    Kensamaofmari
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    The sound for the tuned and regular flutes seemed to have been switched with each other and there are notes that are just wrong entirely. I submitted a ticket along with a video about this problem months ago when it first happened.
    CMKyrios
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    -reads patch notes-
    -flips desk and cries-
    tenor.gif
    Could you explain the Tuned Flute issue to me so I can double check with our QA?

This is a known issue! But the Known Issues section of the Patch Notes generally doesn't list all Known Issues, just the latest ones between patch notes.

Ah ok.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh, I was wondering what that guy behind the Messenger in Dunbarton was about.
    I wonder what that'll be.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 15, 2020
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    -reads patch notes-
    -flips desk and cries-
    tenor.gif

I love you for being new to our community and trying to get little things fixed after so many years. You're admirable. <3

Did our CM leave you no notes on current issues? I mean I know there is a slew of them. But have you had a chance to review them any of them? There are quite a few so it's ok if you haven't had a comprehensive look yet. Completely understandable given the current situations of things and her current condition.

I am a mother of two daughters. I know how crazy exhausting it can be within the first few months. All you can do is cuddle your baby and be right there for feedings and changings (especially if you had a c-section, big oof). I hope she is doing ok. I wish we could get an update. ^_^

Let us see the little cheese bun!
    WolfsingerSherriSphyra21
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    edited May 15, 2020
    Crims wrote: »
    [...]

I love you for being new to our community and trying to get little things fixed after so many years. You're admirable. <3

Did our CM leave you no notes on current issues? I mean I know there is a slew of them. But have you had a chance to review them any of them? There are quite a few so it's ok if you haven't had a comprehensive look yet. Completely understandable given the current situations of things and her current condition.

I am a mother of two daughters. I know how crazy exhausting it can be within the first few months. All you can do is cuddle your baby and be right there for feedings and changings (especially if you had a c-section, big oof). I hope she is doing ok. I wish we could get an update. ^_^

Let us see the little cheese bun!

While she's on maternity leave, she's on a blackout period where she's not allowed to interact with anything or anyone from work, so that she could keep her priorities on being a new mother. I'm sure you'll see an update on the cheese bun when she returns later this year! You'll probably occasionally see her poke her head in the Discord though despite that, as a non-Nexon chatter since she gets so curious on what's going on.

Regarding old bugs and whatnot, they're all archived (which I unfortunately don't have time to sift through), but from a professional capacity Community Managers typically aren't the ones who write up bugs or handles them. After reporting them (if they aren't reported by our customer support team when people submit support tickets about them) they're reproduced by our QA and then written up for our development team to handle, if and when they can.

Me poking is just to see if it was definitely written up or if it might've gotten lost or buried among other things from that period!
    KensamaofmariSherriWolfsingerCrimsọnKaalia