Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AH Suggestions

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! So I've noticed the Auction House is missing some features that would really be nice to have. First, there should be a way to see an items price information without having to search for it and hope it's on the AH atm OR have the item yourself.
Second, there should be a way to save searches/a favorite system so we can search up an item we want much faster.
Third, why don't we have the ability to see the AH on the website like KR? :( Will we ever even get something like that? Or maybe even a phone app??
ty for reading
IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao
Amaraz

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Doesn't the first option already exist? You can check the item's prices and how much gotsold at this moment during today, this week and month.
  • PyrrusPyrrus
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    There should be a looking to buy section on the AH, it would change the games economy on a fundamental level. Prices for items would become standardized by players and while you CAN see what an old item sold for, you can't look back further than a month and not at all if it isn't on the AH already or if you own it. It would make buying and selling MUCH more convenient for the casual AH goer.

I think the downside to this would be that less players would look to set up kiosks and shops in Dunbarton, since all the information is right there. Setting up a shop is already kind of an inconvenience ...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Pyrrus wrote: »
    There should be a looking to buy section on the AH, it would change the games economy on a fundamental level. Prices for items would become standardized by players and while you CAN see what an old item sold for, you can't look back further than a month and not at all if it isn't on the AH already or if you own it. It would make buying and selling MUCH more convenient for the casual AH goer.

I think the downside to this would be that less players would look to set up kiosks and shops in Dunbarton, since all the information is right there. Setting up a shop is already kind of an inconvenience ...

The purpose of a shop or Kiosk is for bulk sales. The auction house is superior in all regards except volume.
  • SherriSherri
    Greta wrote: »
    Doesn't the first option already exist? You can check the item's prices and how much gotsold at this moment during today, this week and month.

I've been searching the AH constantly for something but since it's not on the AH I can't see the info on it (unless there is a way idk of?)
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I've been searching the AH constantly for something but since it's not on the AH I can't see the info on it (unless there is a way idk of?)

Ah, right, i forgot about that part.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 19, 2020
    Id like the "request item/price" feature as well as being able to see the Seller's name to make an offer. Remaining anonymous only because you don't like the hassle of interaction in an MMO is just silly, especially since your dealing in trade with someone.

But what can I say? Apparently everyone like to hide, so at least would like to see the "request item/price" feature, till someone fills it out and get me notified someone sold it to me or for me to fill out requests for items.

Afraid or hassle to deal with interaction would be the only reasons but I can also guess its so they can keep botting using Ah's anonymous feature to avoid attention to their deeds could be another reason to deny me of this idea...

You will also bring up because you like to avoid bullying or harassment but its likely you either brought it to yourselves, perhaps they just very toxic but I can't know that for sure.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Collect data from AH, and put price charts over a certain amount of time? Nah, it will be too much work for em.
  • SherriSherri
    Collect data from AH, and put price charts over a certain amount of time? Nah, it will be too much work for em.

Ain't that the truth :(
    but man it would so help me out
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 28, 2020
    I think that this:
    buy orders placed on the AH.

is a really good idea, and would be a massive game changer. Especially if it could be set up as a reverse auction where sellers have to progressively out bid each other with lower prices.
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited May 28, 2020
    What AH needs is to show folks seller name so we can see who's playing the market...or implement a suggested price button to get away from these gold buyers and overpriced items lmao this makes it so hard for new comers not give up unless they p2w.

Then again I play other paid MMORPGS that successfully know how to handle their economy IG.

• HelsaHelsa
    edited May 28, 2020
    Once you know who's selling something for way too high then what; get them banned? Sellers are allowed to name any price they want. Buyers don't HAVE to buy. New comers shouldn't expect to be able to get choice items as new comers anyway.

You can give power to buyers by having a function in parallel to what exists now. This can be done by making buyers into sellers. They are willing to sell gold for items. It can be just a straight "I will pay this" which is akin to the AH fixed price sale. But you could also have an auction like function too as sellers have. In this case it would be "I am willing to pay this or the best price offered" this turns the auction around where sellers have to compete with each other by lowering their prices. Of course this already exists but it's not a formal mechanism but normal market forces at play. With such a mechanism then this can accelerate such market activity.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 28, 2020
    Id still would like to know the names of the sellers, I am not much of a merchant but this would make a decent economy pvp between merchants knowing whom sales are being harmed by while doing merchant magic against each other o 3o

This also gives me the idea about when future sales would be, giving me an insight before the prices just "bump" in price by a infamous players inflating them or lowering the value. (Buy low, sell high stuff ya know?)

This would also be useful to know a supplier trying to reach them making deals.

Knowing the seller is a double edged sword, it can harm your rep as a merchant or give ya the opportunity to find buyers when they request you to supply.

What I do not like about this odd convenience is it protects the merchant too much lacking communication. Again don't get started about avoiding drama, that is not an excuse.

Still want the buy order in AH so I can sell my things I don't need trying to find a buyer, I hate it when I place some cold items in AH but ended up not selling taking AH slots. I am sure others could make use of these that I don't need anymore.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 28, 2020
    A seller doesn't need to know the name of a rival seller to undercut prices. They see the lowest price, they undercut it, name not required. There is no need to know a sellers name other than to threatten them. All that metters is what is on sale and at what price.
    Greta