Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead WIndmills for everyone

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
edited April 28, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Greetings! 0v0
As we know, homesteads are as an important part of the game as any other. We can harvest crops for Kons there, which allows us to improve the surroundings and expand our homestead, we can set up some crafting stations and production material sources, such as fishing holes, bee houses, potato bushes, herbs, carpentry workbenches and logs, anvils, even paint mixing kettles. That makes me think that we should also have a small windmill amongst them, which we can build with Kons and materials, to produce flour. Could we, pretty please?
GretaLeadt

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 28, 2020
    +1 Support. This is a good idea. How did no one else bring that up before? We already got furnaces, looms, etc. so why not? And the Windmill itself looks like a nice decoration for your Homestead.
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    You're trying to take away Alissa's only source of income? How will she pay for Lassar's tuition if you take that from her?!

Does seem like something we're missing though, yeah.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    You're trying to take away Alissa's only source of income? How will she pay for Lassar's tuition if you take that from her?!
    That won't lead to every one and other Milletian building windmills on their homestead. She will be fine.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited April 28, 2020
    Musicat wrote: »
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    That won't lead to every one and other Milletian building windmills on their homestead. She will be fine.
    If we have our own windmill to make ingredients for free or whatnot, then will Alissa not be needed to make them?

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greetings! 0v0
    As we know, homesteads are as an important part of the game as any other. We can harvest crops for Kons there, which allows us to improve the surroundings and expand our homestead, we can set up some crafting stations and production material sources, such as fishing holes, bee houses, potato bushes, herbs, carpentry workbenches and logs, anvils, even paint mixing kettles. That makes me think that we should also have a small windmill amongst them, which we can build with Kons and materials, to produce flour. Could we, pretty please?

Sounds good, but it MUST animate. It shouldn't be too hard since the code already exists in-game.
    Greta wrote: »
    +1 Support. This is a good idea. How did no one else bring that up before? We already got furnaces, looms, etc. so why not? And the Windmill itself looks like a nice decoration for your Homestead.

It has been brought up before.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 28, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    it MUST animate
    I wouldn't mind having a cardboard windmill on Fool's Day, as long as it looks fancy and fulfils its function.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mills are economic infrastructure bonuses that gives a certain place an advantage over another. While some things should be made more convenient for players, but if too much is given to players for convenience, it completely unravels and destroys the purpose of having to play the game and the specific features of the game.

For the purpose of furnaces and anvils, every town provides that type of service of having a smith, so that's not a problem if everyone had those same tools to craft their own things in their own homesteads.

It does not make sense though for everyone to be their own miller.

But what I do think is that with the certain features that the game already has, using the mill can be improved. There are coupons to access certain shops and banks. Why not have coupons be available to use the mill from afar? The only thing you won't get would probably be the rain bonus.
    CMKyrios
  • MusicatMusicat
    For the purpose of furnaces and anvils, every town provides that type of service of having a smith, so that's not a problem if everyone had those same tools to craft their own things in their own homesteads.
    But not all towns have anvils, and, if i'm not mistaken, in Uladh furnaces are only installed in Bangor, which makes it pretty equal to the mill in Tir Chonaiil in terms of a place's advantages.
    But not all towns have anvils, and, if i'm not mistaken, in Uladh furnaces are only installed in Bangor, which makes it pretty equal to the mill in Tir Chonaiil in terms of a place's advantages.

I'm mixing in stuff from real life in. Sorry if any confusion.

In reality, smithing services which were required in every town and village would have furnaces and anvils because there are blacksmiths in every town to provide services on a normal basis. Of course, in the game, only certain places actually have functioning furnaces and anvils for players. In Mabi, almost every town has smithing services, some also having the same tools inaccessible for players.

In reality, mills are long term infrastructure. Not every town has a mill, more specifically a grain grinding mill. It would not make much sense for everyone to have their own mill.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mills are economic infrastructure bonuses that gives a certain place an advantage over another. While some things should be made more convenient for players, but if too much is given to players for convenience, it completely unravels and destroys the purpose of having to play the game and the specific features of the game.

But what I do think is that with the certain features that the game already has, using the mill can be improved. There are coupons to access certain shops and banks. Why not have coupons be available to use the mill from afar? The only thing you won't get would probably be the rain bonus.

Allow me to offer a rebuttal . . . ya but we want one.

Then it shall be a big mill that takes up a third of the space of the highest level homestead.
  • HelsaHelsa

Then it shall be a big mill that takes up a third of the space of the highest level homestead.

Now, you're just throwing a temper tantrum. No cookies and milk for you until you behave.

Now, you're just throwing a temper tantrum. No cookies and milk for you until you behave.

Forget the windmill, let's get a weaving mill or steel mill.
  • HelsaHelsa

Pft! I already got that, but what I don't have is a windmill.

Pft! I already got that, but what I don't have is a windmill.

You have a steel mill and weaving mill?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Not every town has a mill, more specifically a grain grinding mill. It would not make much sense for everyone to have their own mill.
    i guess you've never heard of querns.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/100106/#Comment_100106
    Kensamaofmari