Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

One year Anniversary

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Will there be anything to mark the one year anniversary of Nao and the betrayal of Alexina?

Comments

• KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    They'll get a special event where they can fish the Gold and AP directly away from Milletians still on Alexina. Oh, and another 10x drop event.
  • 아이씨아이씨
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    edited May 28, 2020
    So when is the merge for Alexina? May as well just the shut the game down because it's already dead. #letsbelikems2
  • Shiro42Shiro42
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    They'll get a special event where they can fish the Gold and AP directly away from Milletians still on Alexina. Oh, and another 10x drop event.

Oh gawd, please don't flood Nao's economy with more gold.

And you can keep your AP too.

Pretty sure we just need a ritual where Nexon gives us knives to stab into a straw doll with Alexina's face on it.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 28, 2020
    아이씨 wrote: »
    So when is the merge for Alexina? May as well just the shut the game down because it's already dead. #letsbelikems2

DAMN, Well that's really productive. 9dnGeIh.png
    Wolfsinger
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Shiro42 wrote: »
    Pretty sure we just need a ritual where Nexon gives us knives to stab into a straw doll with Alexina's face on it.

bet you it would still be an AFK event -_-

'stay logged in for 38 mins to receive a knife to use on the VoDo doll.
    -only a maxemum of 4 knifes can be received per IRL day
    -use 10 knifes on the doll to receive a VoDo gift box'

Wolfsinger
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    3rdy wrote: »
    Shiro42 wrote: »

bet you it would still be an AFK event -_-

'stay logged in for 38 mins to receive a knife to use on the VoDo doll.
    -only a maxemum of 4 knifes can be received per IRL day
    -use 10 knifes on the doll to receive a VoDo gift box'

Nono, you can receive unlimited per day, but can only use 4. And they won't automatically stack. And they expire so that you cannot use the ones you got from a previous day. For some reason for the first week there will be a bug where elves will not be able to use the knives, as compensation all human and giant characters will receive 20 knives after the next maintenance.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 28, 2020

Don't now if you maybe had a bad day or you are just a sad person, but you need to stop making these negative comments.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

Don't now if you maybe had a bad day or you are just a sad person, but you need to stop making these negative comments.

Mr. Dundee said it best.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

DAMN, Well that's really productive. 9dnGeIh.png

It makes other past figures on the forums seem rather tame and bland.
    I think this person likes it very hot.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 30, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »

The last one is a good slap on the face. It was expected and i hate how Nexon unprofessionally made wrong assumptions of the merge outcome when deciding with this merge path.

"The Nao and Alexina population will be similar."
    Nice joke Nexon, you forgot about all old players who quit the game waiting for this merge to happen, also forgot about people who left other server for Alexina one, meaning it was very possible that existing amount of characters in old servers was still higher combined than Alexina's. I still don't understand how they came up with that assumption. They literally took that current time's player count and thought "Yeah, it will be same!".
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 30, 2020
    Thet literally took that current time's player count and thought "Yeah, it will be same!".

I think that is precisely what they did. But even that was based on the flawed idea that the merge should not be a complete one. Before the announcement, I said that they should either do a complete merge or none at all, that an incomplete merge would be the worst outcome. That's what we got and I think it was. Had it been a full merge then the naming fiasco would be behind ALL of us now. It's not like it came as a surprise, nearly ALL the talk about the merge, before it happened centered on character names.

Now, what happens if the conditions arise that forced the merge in the first place, leading to a final merge. The folks on Nao will say that they've been through the name issue once and should not have to go through it again. The folks on Alexina will say that it is unfair that just because they were left out of the original merge, by Nexons hand alone, that it is unfair to them to automatically be forced to forfeit their names. Both sides are right. Either one side just loses or Nexon has to change how names work. Either of these could have been avoided had the merge been a full one, and that is not the community or any part of the community's fault.
    WolfsingerSherriSebastian
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    Thet literally took that current time's player count and thought "Yeah, it will be same!".

I think that is precisely what they did. But even that was based on the flawed idea that the merge should not be a complete one. Before the announcement, I said that they should either do a complete merge or none at all, that an incomplete merge would be the worst outcome. That's what we got and I think it was. Had it been a full merge then the naming fiasco would be behind ALL of us now. It's not like it came as a surprise, nearly ALL the talk about the merge, before it happened centered on character names.

Now, what happens if the conditions arise that forced the merge in the first place, leading to a final merge. The folks on Nao will say that they've been through the name issue once and should not have to go through it again. The folks on Alexina will say that it is unfair that just because they were left out of the original merge, by Nexons hand alone, that it is unfair to them to automatically be forced to forfeit their names. Both sides are right. Either one side just loses or Nexon has to change how names work. Either of these could have been avoided had the merge been a full one, and that is not the community or any part of the community's fault.

I completely agree Nao server shouldn't have to go through a name change again. give all Alexina players a +Alexina tag next to our names and I don't see why it would be necessary to make Nao go through another name change. this way all the current Nao names are safe and all they would have to suffer through is a long maintenance. as a Alexina player I am more then willing to suffer a forced name change process by being given a tag and go through the long and boring name change process so Nao doesn't have to go through it again, they shouldn't have to go through it again and it is completely avoidable if they just put a +Alexina tag next to all Alexina players names.

they should have just done a full merge from the start. I was also one of the players that said it should be a full merge and a partial merge would only create problems. Nexon only has themselves to blame for this silly civil war on the forums that has been around since the merge happened. all of this could have been avoided by merging all the servers which is the merge a lot of us fought for.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 1, 2020
    NO DO NOT DO THE +ALEXINA TAGS. Holy hell that will break your characters! Those players are banned from joining guilds on Nao. They still have NOT removed all those plus characters from people's ign's. smh.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Crims wrote: »
    NO DO NOT DO THE +ALEXINA TAGS. Holy hell that will break your characters! Those players are banned from joining guilds on Nao. They still have NOT removed all those plus characters from people's ign's. smh.

Is it really that hard for GM's to force name these people? I heard stories where Nexon GM's changed inappropriate in-game nicknames, so why this is a problem? If these players aren't active for years then why keep their broken names? I'm so confused on why this one is still going on.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    ...obviously the surprise-introduction of super-advanced artificial-intelligence characters !
    Both as NPCs & Milletians alike who even communicate & act like real people/players in their own unique way !
    And they self-propagate to the point where every single channel on every single server is always «Busy» status !
    ...enough to compel the rest of us to insist that we're going to need more servers again to handle all the population ! =o
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Happy Merge Anniversary?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    There isn't anything special planned for the merge anniversary. :(

It hadn't even occurred to me that the date is in 2 days until after I read this thread.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    As a player from Alex server, those comments are rather...crude, id prefer you stab the face of the person manhandling the prices thank you very much o 3o

The prices are too ridiculous (We already know.) pretty lame that you either "no life" for gold or try your hand merchanting. Although this is going to happen to Nao server one way or another anyways. The gold rewards in this game mostly shadow missions used to be slow and low pay but as players grow in strength due to "power creeping" the time needed to clear is short and the rewards are HUGE.

Do try your best it does not come to that, because you as "consumers" have that power to decide what you pay or don't pay for.

My advice for some kind of wealth is obviously getting stronger so you can do things players pay for, only if merchanting is not your cup of tea.

Another thing I might add, you really should be reporting others gold selling if its the economy your worried about, as it stands Nexon sorta gave up when players just "don't care" about the economy.
  • HelsaHelsa
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    There isn't anything special planned for the merge anniversary. :(

It hadn't even occurred to me that the date is in 2 days until after I read this thread.

Could you find out why it wasn't a full merge and, indeed, why we had separate servers at all?