Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Introducing the Art Corner!

CMKyriosCMKyrios
Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
edited July 6, 2020 in Vault
art-corner-590x165.jpg

Calling all artists! Pick up your pens, brushes, and styluses because we're kicking off Mabinogi's very first Art Corner!

What is Art Corner?
This is a monthly showcase of our wonderfully talented and creative community members! You've put your passion and hard work into producing awesome works of art and we want to give you the attention you so deserve. Once monthly, we will showcase up to 10 members of Mabinogi's art community for all to admire! Artists may provide links to their social sites and portfolios as well so that you can follow them on those platforms if you so choose.

How do I participate?
All you need to do is fill out this form! A few days before the next Art Corner is due to post, we'll review all of the submissions and select from them, giving you at least one full month to prepare something! You can edit your submission at any time until we go through them.

What forms of media are accepted?
Most image formats! Regardless of if it's a digital illustration or a photo of something you created or drew in real life, we'll accept it. We do not accept music or .mp4s for the Art Corner however!

How often are you doing this?
This is a recurring community event until further notice.

How will you pick who is featured?
We'll have a group of unbiased curators go through the submissions. This is not a contest of who is subjectively better or worse at drawing. If someone enters a submission and hasn't been featured before, they will be selected over someone that has already been featured in the past.

Do I need to provide social links?
You do not. If you don't have a Twitter, Instagram, ArtStation, or any of those things, that's perfectly fine.

Do I get anything for being featured?
In addition to recognition for your diligent efforts, we'll provide the following to each selected artist:
  • If it's your first time being featured: 1st Title 'the Gifted Artist' (Permanent)
  • If it's your second or more time being featured: 50 Pon
KensamaofmariCrisdaFluoretteSherri

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Well, this is a nice surprise.

I assume this project is still in the process of being set up, therefore the exact dates on when the monthly submissions are due, rules, and whatnot will be laid out in a future post.
    Leaving those aside, I have a few questions.

1. This post indicates that most image formats are accepted. However, upon opening the form, it suggests that submissions should be limited to JPG and .PNG files. Does this mean .TIFF, .GIF, .SAI, .XCF, etc. image file formats will not be accepted?
    (I'm assuming .JPG and .PNG are suggested since computers can natively open these files, whereas certain programs are often needed to open other image file formats.)

2. How many images will a user be allowed to submit in each monthly submission?

3. Art is a broad topic. Will this feature be expanded upon in the future to include other forms of media (videos, fan-made newspapers/magazines, written works, etc.) or will this be strictly for drawings and photos?

Thanks in advance.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Well, this is a nice surprise.

I assume this project is still in the process of being set up, therefore the exact dates on when the monthly submissions are due, rules, and whatnot will be laid out in a future post.
    Leaving those aside, I have a few questions.

1. This post indicates that most image formats are accepted. However, upon opening the form, it suggests that submissions should be limited to JPG and .PNG files. Does this mean .TIFF, .GIF, .SAI, .XCF, etc. image file formats will not be accepted?
    (I'm assuming .JPG and .PNG are suggested since computers can natively open these files, whereas certain programs are often needed to open other image file formats.)

2. How many images will a user be allowed to submit in each monthly submission?

3. Art is a broad topic. Will this feature be expanded upon in the future to include other forms of media (videos, fan-made newspapers/magazines, written works, etc.) or will this be strictly for drawings and photos?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fluorette.

1. .gif is okay too, but yes these are the ones we'd like to limit this to since they'll be uploaded to the feature webpost in the same format they're submitted in and have to have a web-friendly extension as a result.

2. We'd ask that people submit just one entry per month, but you can go back and edit it as many times as you'd like. If a submission isn't selected, it can be re-submitted in the following month. As it's not a contest, it ends up being just a matter of time until it is selected.

3. Given the format of this event, it'll be limited to drawn and digital illustrations/drawings. Things like drawings and videos and such have a place in our creative community, to which they'll likely see features in other events. However since drawn art is the most popular medium of them, we've dedicated this event to specifically that for now.
    FluoretteKensamaofmari
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    Hi Fluorette.

1. .gif is okay too, but yes these are the ones we'd like to limit this to since they'll be uploaded to the feature webpost in the same format they're submitted in and have to have a web-friendly extension as a result.

2. We'd ask that people submit just one entry per month, but you can go back and edit it as many times as you'd like. If a submission isn't selected, it can be re-submitted in the following month. As it's not a contest, it ends up being just a matter of time until it is selected.

3. Given the format of this event, it'll be limited to drawn and digital illustrations/drawings. Things like drawings and videos and such have a place in our creative community, to which they'll likely see features in other events. However since drawn art is the most popular medium of them, we've dedicated this event to specifically that for now.

Understood. I appreciate the quick response!
  • DDSNDDSN
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Would I be eligible to enter if I submitted a commission of my character drawn by another artist?
    With proper credit given of course.
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Will artwork have to be in full color, or are black and white sketches okay?
    DDSNSherriWolfsinger
  • SyruphieSyruphie
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Can I ask what the "The Gifted Artisan" Title gives in terms of stats?
    DDSN
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sounds really fun! My art isn't the best but I might sign up anyway :D
    WolfsingerCMKyrios
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    DDSN wrote: »
    Would I be eligible to enter if I submitted a commission of my character drawn by another artist?
    With proper credit given of course.

We ask that submissions be original works created by the person submitting it. If you want to share something an artist made for you, have them submit it! We've had people submit artwork before in other iterations of this event in other games that just really enjoyed drawing and played the game much less or in some cases not at all.
    Crisda wrote: »
    Will artwork have to be in full color, or are black and white sketches okay?

Color isn't a requirement. Sketches are okay!
    Syruphie wrote: »
    Can I ask what the "The Gifted Artisan" Title gives in terms of stats?

The title is purely for show, it has no stats.
    WolfsingerDDSNCrisda
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What would the deadline cutoff for each month and would the timetable of selected features?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    What would the deadline cutoff for each month and would the timetable of selected features?

Currently there isn't a set date. But artists will always have at least 1 month to create something, and I'll let people know well in advance (at least a week) before the next submission is up. The deadline for submissions will always be a day before the next art corner is due to go up.

If it changes to a set schedule I'll let everyone know!
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Will there be any set themes or will it be a draw whatever you want that is Mabinogi related? :O
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Sherri wrote: »
    Will there be any set themes or will it be a draw whatever you want that is Mabinogi related? :O

Draw whatever you'd like! We'll save thematic drawing contests for holidays and special parts of the year.