Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fastest way to level up your pets at the moment?

DragoneartusDragoneartus
Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
in General Chat
Some expeditions require pets to be over level 120, but pets get such a small amount of your xp that this can be pretty challenging. Has anyone found a effective way to level them up?
Wolfsinger

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 23, 2020
    Nowhere to Run Elite. That's my suggestion.
    KeiyomaHabimaru
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Greta wrote: »

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting Baltaine missions are a thing...xD
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus

well It's there but not as convenient as I'd like it to be.
  • GretaGreta

How it's not?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Some expeditions require pets to be over level 120, but pets get such a small amount of your xp that this can be pretty challenging. Has anyone found a effective way to level them up?

About the bolded part, do you not have the Divine Link skill?
    Because that causes your pet to gain 100% of your character's Combat Experience from killing enemies.
    And it even has a subskill called Enlightened Vision that can increase your combat EXP while linked by up to +45%.

It doesn't let pets gain any quest exp (though the Bonding Ties pet perk can give a pet a portion of that), the combat EXP-boosting effect makes it great for Baltane Elite missions.

Though yeah, with the limitations of Baltane Elite missions needing a pass, and having a minimum and maximum level for getting EXP can make it inconvenient to level up more than one pet per rebirth.

But it really is the simplest/fastest to level up one pet if you can deal with that.

If you have a powerful Ice Spear, you can nuke Shyllien Nature Reserve Outskirts 2 (with a Tendering Potion S if your CP is too high).
    This does suffer from Camping Penalty if you don't subscribe to the VIP service.

Probably the fastest and easiest method is the least accessible, and that's to just use a Glimmering Golden Supplement to instantly raise a pet to level 200.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965

How it's not?

Cause once you reach level 150, bye bye exp.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

How it's not?

Cause once you reach level 150, bye bye exp.

That's still good enough, you rebirth once you can and repeat. Other than that you can try dungeon, but i'm sure it's very time consuming and exp isn't that good depending which one you run.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    ADV Revived Illusion with
    x2 exp potion
    x1.5 Cleric Party
    x1.5 Divine Link
    x1.5 friend with returning title

Just kill the orb rooms and repeat. Conversely if you're strong enough you can use the first phase of Kraken ADV for exp with the same multipliers. It's not as quick or efficient as baltanes but you can do it when you pass 150.
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Nowhere to Run Elite, as Greta said. The only hiccup really is getting a pass, but even then that's not really all that difficult. Divine Link and Combat EXP Pot, and your pet will level exceptionally fast. The level 150 limit is not an issue - you can simply rebirth if you're past 150, and take them back in. Two NtR Elites is all it takes me to get a pet to 200.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    And if you don't want to hit the L150 cap too quickly, you can also spam Gate-Keeper/Elite, even with Baltane-Mission Shadow-Crystals (3xExp), you will probably need to run the full duration at least 3-4 times before you'll get to L150 anyway, something which I personally tend to do if I don't want to lose out on Baltane-Experience-bonuses too quickly before having to re-ink (re-incarnate/re-birth), plus I also use it as a means to quick-feed a spirit-weapon with gem-pile.
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus
    edited June 26, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

About the bolded part, do you not have the Divine Link skill?
    Because that causes your pet to gain 100% of your character's Combat Experience from killing enemies.
    And it even has a subskill called Enlightened Vision that can increase your combat EXP while linked by up to +45%.

It doesn't let pets gain any quest exp (though the Bonding Ties pet perk can give a pet a portion of that), the combat EXP-boosting effect makes it great for Baltane Elite missions.

Though yeah, with the limitations of Baltane Elite missions needing a pass, and having a minimum and maximum level for getting EXP can make it inconvenient to level up more than one pet per rebirth.

But it really is the simplest/fastest to level up one pet if you can deal with that.

If you have a powerful Ice Spear, you can nuke Shyllien Nature Reserve Outskirts 2 (with a Tendering Potion S if your CP is too high).
    This does suffer from Camping Penalty if you don't subscribe to the VIP service.

Probably the fastest and easiest method is the least accessible, and that's to just use a Glimmering Golden Supplement to instantly raise a pet to level 200.

100%? well.

you just said what I needed. thank u