Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where'd u 1st learn the term: Conspiracy Theorist?

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in Town Square
Where/How exactly do people seem to get the word/term/phrase «Conspiracy Theory» or «Conspiracy Theorist» into their vocabulary ?
  1. Title-Question3 votes
    1. The first time I've ever seen or head of the «CT» phrase/term was from these very forums
       33% (1 vote)
    2. CNN
       0% (0 votes)
    3. FOX
       0% (0 votes)
    4. School-Teacher or Other «School» Source
       33% (1 vote)
    5. You-Tube Video
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Face-Book
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Twitter
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Someone Whom I Consider a Friend
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Someone Whom I Consider an Enemy
       0% (0 votes)
    10. My Job/Profession
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Donald Trump
       33% (1 vote)
    12. Bill Gates
       0% (0 votes)
    13. My Psychiatrist
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Read it in a Book
       0% (0 votes)
    15. Movies
       0% (0 votes)
    16. Video-Games
       0% (0 votes)
    17. I Don't Remember ? (How Surprising !)
       0% (0 votes)
    18. I'M The One Who INVENTED The Word/Term/Phrase! =O
       0% (0 votes)
    19. Television... Probably...? (And, I Even Admit It, I Watch Too Much Television)
       0% (0 votes)
    20. What Are You Talking About...? There's No Such Thing as a Conspiracy Theorist... ☺
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Conspiracy theories are fun; let's make one up. Okay here's mine: those with eyes that see can tell that two avatars on these forums are clearly the same person. DUN DUN DUN!!!!!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories are fun; let's make one up. Okay here's mine: those with eyes that see can tell that two avatars on these forums are clearly the same person. DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

DevCat, Pan, Ferghus? Caravan Joe?!
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Helsa wrote: »

DevCat, Pan, Ferghus? Caravan Joe?!

Don't you mean Mari and Nao?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Come, now, I already made a thread literally titled: I Came Up w/an AMAZING «Conspiracy Theory» καππα !

Anyway, more on the «serious» side of things, whilst I was engaged in more «research» to «psycho-analyse» the whole entire phenomenon of automatic CT-labeling (or use of the the «Tin Foil» hat reference) as a pejorative, I actually came across some extremely useful information that would be of great benefit to society. I am hoping that, perhaps, some day, game-companies will start integrating these types of «rehabilitation/treatment-programs» (PROVEN to WORK by the way) into their story-lines. So, basically, instead of just «beating up the bad guy» as a means of having «saved the world» it may be something more along the lines of «subdue the bad guy» then get him «treatment» so that we can all co-exist peacefully with one another, kind of like «winning over the enemy» and having them become a valuable ally instead which could integrate of course into plenty of future story-lines. The following video is a «great find» if I do say so myself...:

I encourage everybody on these forums (both regular people and even staff-members) to watch it in its entirety and even share it with friends, family, your school-teachers, doctors, etc. There is one thing that was commented on in the comments-section below the video, and I would actually agree with it largely, which the commentator posted: «You want to drop the crime rate drastically? Do everything possible to stop child abuse.»

And it makes plenty of sense, considering that I've actually had «problem students» before who would act like aggressive bullies towards other students; they eventually learned to behave properly, and I didn't even have to «punish» them or anything, but it was necessary for me to take them aside and explain to them that such activities they were engaged in would put them into the category of a bully who goes about bullying. Fortunately, they looked up to me enough to have a great respect for me for some reason, and it was often the case that their descriptions of how their parents treated them at home could only be what I would have to describe as child-abuse (something that I had personally experienced from my own parents which makes it a miraculous wonder how I «overcame the sin» that called for «revenge» against them and the entire world but have some-how managed to live a «crime-free» life with a clean record). Things got better for them and their entire family after I gave direct communications and instructions with their parents (although it may have also helped that I had also studied so much «psychology» throughout my life as to know which means of «parenting» were effective versus which ones only ended up creating problems for society; I made it clear that I expected the mother to «set a good example» for her son as I instructed). Her son to this day has almost «nothing but praises» for me as being a great teacher/instructor.