Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Trainer Event

EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
edited July 16, 2020 in Bugs and Glitches
I'm not sure if its just me... but my clear daily mission challenge isn't counting when I did both Tail and Tara...

Is there a cap on coins for the day?

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited July 19, 2020
    This bug happens every time we have this event format but no one has been able to figure out how to replicate it 100% so it never gets fixed

uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit - Bonus issue:
    The "Have a pet summoned for 30 min" challenge says 0/2, implying that you can do it twice and get 5 coins each time for a total of 10, but it actually clears after the first 30 minutes and you only get 5.

G8E2l.png

I've only been logged in for 34 minutes since the reset (you can see from the play timer that I've gained 1 count for the 30-minute login challenge plus a few mins towards the second count) and my pet has been summoned for exactly 30 minutes out of its 92-minute summon time. The event window jumped from 0/2 to "complete".

On the first day I had a pet summoned for the entire duration of Nowhere to Run and it didn't count. Luckily I was able to summon a different pet and that counted, but still, something's off about this req.
    Mairu
  • AkanoAkano
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    edited July 24, 2020
    As far as I've noticed, this is because it's counting the completion of the daily shadow mission quest and not the mission itself. It only counts it if you complete the daily shadow mission quest you happen to have. Does that seem to fit with what you're experiencing? I'll try a few things to see if I can reproduce it and describe it more accurately.

EDIT: Yes, so as far as my testing went, it relies entirely on the completion of the "Tara daily shadow mission" and "Tailteann daily shadow mission" quests. So if you do something to make those quests unobtainable or uncompletable, then you can't fulfill the Daily Challenge for them.
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited July 26, 2020
    Akano wrote: »
    As far as I've noticed, this is because it's counting the completion of the daily shadow mission quest and not the mission itself. It only counts it if you complete the daily shadow mission quest you happen to have. Does that seem to fit with what you're experiencing? I'll try a few things to see if I can reproduce it and describe it more accurately.

EDIT: Yes, so as far as my testing went, it relies entirely on the completion of the "Tara daily shadow mission" and "Tailteann daily shadow mission" quests. So if you do something to make those quests unobtainable or uncompletable, then you can't fulfill the Daily Challenge for them.

Yeah. On the plus side, even if you run out of time on them, the daily shadow mission 'repeatable' quests will restock if you change channels/re-log after giving up on them. Same goes for when you give up while they still have time, so... yeah. It is kind of annoying that they mark it based on the repeat quest and not the Shadow Mission itself, but at least it's not completely breakable... as far as I know. ...Now I'm wondering if there's a way to break the repeat quests by accident; REALLY don't wanna be paranoid about that right now lmao

Regarding the '30-minute pet summon' requirement, I've noticed this since the beginning of the event - I was actually streaming at the time I got the reward, so I've finally got the issue on video as well; I'll get the clip a little later to add to the thread. But yeah, we're only getting a single reward per day from an event objective meant to give us two rewards per day.

EDIT/UPDATE, PET SUMMON GOAL BUG:
    Here are video clips of two points: one before and one directly after I received the pet summon reward, plus a longer video if anyone feels like sitting through 7 minutes of inarticulate rambling as I wander to the mana tunnel.

In these clips I'm in the middle of doing G8; the 1st time I check the pet summon requirement is directly after I received Atrata's Letter (which I needed to give to Taunes), the reward count is '0/2'. The 2nd time is about 7 minutes later, immediately after giving Taunes the letter (and getting unicorn-taming stuff), as well as right after achieving the first 'pet summon' reward - the reward for this goal is now marked as 'complete', despite only being achieved once in a 7-minute span.

Pre-reward check:
    Post-reward check:
    Full clip:

I also have a bunch of screencaps of this with timestamps from the stream, just in case those are needed for whatever reason.

EDIT #2:
    logged in today, summoned the pet I used and screencapped the rebirth requirements, just to show that the count is still at '1' since taking those videos, just to double down on the event goal being bugged.
    gjddeDl.png
  • AzzacielAzzaciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited July 26, 2020
    Another thing to watch out for is with the weekly challenges.

If you hatch a Rank A Fynni gem before doing the Hatch 4 E/D gems and 2 C/B gems missions, the "Hatch a Rank A" mission will already be completed, but you won't get the 150 coin reward.

Presumably the same would happen if you did 2 C7B gems before the 4 E/D gems.

Edit:
    Well, just hatched a new batch of Rank As, and got my 150 coins there, so maybe the bug you're having is similar in that it "completes" after 1 but allows a second claim anyway.
    So, after it completes, just get a second 30 min pet summon going and see if you get 5 coins from nowhere.
    When i calculated my supposed max coins to check the 150 deficit, i used a full 50 from daily and was only off by 155 and now with the 150 coins from the Rank A fynni gem, i'm only off by 5 and i remember skipping on SM daily once cuz of Tail def battle.
    So it's probably just a visual glitch.