Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Catsidhe Life skill training bonus for Pet trainer

Kirby189Kirby189
Mabinogi Rep: 690
in General Chat
Hey guys!

I was wondering if the developpment team had any plans to add the Pet Trainer talent to the list of talents the Catsidhe pet can give bonus skill training experience to. Wondering if I should wait for that talent to be added (if it is planned) or to just choose another talent altogether.

Thanks for the reply!

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 17, 2020
    Yeah i was wondering that too. I still kept one of my Catsidhe pet just for that. Forgot to check if it's possible to choose, but i guess it's not since you made this post.
  • Kirby189Kirby189
    Greta wrote: »
    Yeah i was wondering that too. I still kept one of my Catsidhe pet just for that. Forgot to check if it's possible to choose, but i guess it's not since you made this post.

Yeah, it is indeed not available.

Thankfully, you can simply close the talent choosing prompt without making a choice when you summon the Catsidhe for the first time, to choose at a later time, so I can still choose Pet Trainer if it ever becomes available.
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,640
    This is a good question, I'll ask and try to get back to you guys on this the following week on this since it's end of week.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I released my Abyss Catsidhe from its medal and there is indeed no option for Pet Trainer to select.

I mean, I already heard about this from the KR server, but still wanted to confirm.
    Just the normal eight options there were before now.
    Adventure, Mercantile, Holy Arts, Cooking, Smithing, Tailoring, Carpenter, and Apothecary.
  • Kirby189Kirby189
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    This is a good question, I'll ask and try to get back to you guys on this the following week on this since it's end of week.

Awesome, thank you Kyrios!
  • Kirby189Kirby189
    Hey Kyrios, got any update?
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    edited July 21, 2020
    Kirby189 wrote: »

Not yet! When I hear back I'll post here on it.

Edit: It could be a while before we hear back on this. If you can be patient you can hold off on summoning the Catsidhe, but I don't think we'll get an answer on this soon. When we do I'll reply back here on what the verdict is.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited July 21, 2020
    Speaking of life skills, any idea why Holy arts is classed as life skill when selecting a talent, yet in the skill window it's under magic not life?

Also Kyrios, keep up the good work and let the other admins know to keep up the good work as well.
    Greta
  • Kirby189Kirby189
    Kirby189 wrote: »

Not yet! When I hear back I'll post here on it.

Edit: It could be a while before we hear back on this. If you can be patient you can hold off on summoning the Catsidhe, but I don't think we'll get an answer on this soon. When we do I'll reply back here on what the verdict is.

Sounds good. Thanks again, Kyrios!

And I can actually summon the Sidhe without any issue for the life talent choice, as long as I close the window without choosing a talent, the prompt will pop back up when I next summon it. So all's good.

Thanks again!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited August 10, 2020
    Kind of old thread, but I was checking patch notes over at KR Mabi with Google Translate and saw this one about a patch on the KR Test Server back on July 23rd.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4888288

It's mostly about the new Magigraph Talent, but down at the bottom you can see this:
    a60be3e0f2.png

Excuse the google translate oddities, like Catsidhe = Cat-shee = Katsy, but it's close enough.
    It says "Pet handling talents" and "Magical talents" but these are referring to Pet Trainer which we got recently, and the Magigraphy Talent, which is still future content.
    Google Translate also refers to this as "Blooming Memory" but it's called Blooming Nostalgia here.
    It's the passive skill that Catsidhe pets get that grants 2x skill exp for the life talent of your choice when you summon a Catsidhe without having chosen one already.

Now as far as I know, this is still only on the Test Server, but it seems like this will eventually be a thing here.
    We don't currently have the ability to have a Catsidhe grant 2x skill training to Pet Trainer talent, but will in the future, unless something changes.
    CMKyrios
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    That's actually really funny, I had saved my catsidhe just in case, but of course now I already have all the skills r1. By the time we get this change I'll probably have burnishing dan 3 already too. Good for future players and potential future sales though.
    Wolfsinger
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Wanted to bump this topic. Today's patch added it finally!
    IyasenuWolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Wanted to bump this topic. Today's patch added it finally!

Woo, nice.

And for anyone who already has a Catsidhe with the talent already selected, if you have an unused medal hanging around, I think you can put your Catsidhe in a medal and release it from the medal yourself to change its talent selection.
    Still uses up its times adopted counter, but it can help.

(Now if you're already done with Pet Trainer, you could hold off on that Catsidhe talent selection even further for when Magigraphy comes out here)