Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G25 HyperNova!

BronzezenBronzezen
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
edited July 15, 2020 in Content from Other Regions
A pretty interesting trailer! Dont know whats really going on but I did peep Failas, wonder if we're going back :O
CrimsọnKensamaofmariGypsySpiritSherriCaterexLeinei

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Man, Imagine if Mabi actually looked like it did in its trailers.
    Kensamaofmarinajee508Alshian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 16, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »

I dunno dude, that trailer is way too high quality compared to other trailers in the past. Our animated cut scenes don't look like that. Not even promotional ones. This is something new. Really new, and I am not just talking about hypernova.

Graphics upda----No. smh.
    >_<

People in the comment section of that video are saying that this is another game or something. But the video says it's G25. I mean if going forward they are going to do cell shaded animations, great. They are updating the beginning generations with improved graphics. I mean this is something we have been clamoring about for years...

Trying not to hold my breath. Sexy trailer, but I am actually starting to agree that I think they are catfishing people.

You're terrible Nexon. :|
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 16, 2020
    I refuse to believe that this is Mabinogi. Even if it is actually a trailer for G25, i really hope this is just a fake looking one and that generation won't look this weird. Don't like that glossy look at all...
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited July 16, 2020

a huge number of players with potato pc and potato internet would go extinct
    GretaPlatinaKokinajee508
  • LaptopotatoLaptopotato
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    RWBY? Is that you?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

Win 98
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Win 98

Windows Vista.

/win

But yeah, I would hate it if that video got someone to try this game out, only to see that the graphics are NOTHING like they are in the video.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680

Win 98

Windows Vista.

/win

But yeah, I would hate it if that video got someone to try this game out, only to see that the graphics are NOTHING like they are in the video.

That's like 99% of video game trailers
    KensamaofmariChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited July 23, 2020
    Wow! Amazing graphics!

-logs in-

Reality is pretty disappointing huh?

Its quite laughable that even the Korean audience are tilted by this trailer...calling Nexon out that this is indeed not "Mabinogi".
    GandorEU
  • Karin_TaoriKarin_Taori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Considering Peria Chronicles was cancelled, I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon had frankenstein'd their game engine to make this trailer.

Heck if I was them the end of this chapter would be the 'end' of the game (Milletian is given domains to watch over as a full-grown god and 'disappears/ascends' storyline wise, but allows us to continue playing if we wanted.) while they rewired the Peria engine to be an actual Mabi Successor game. I understand the engine belongs to a different team/studio but considering the losses they likely accrued it wouldn't be a leap of faith to consider they may have given up/sold the engine and software to recoup losses.

That's just my two cents however.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Considering Peria Chronicles was cancelled, I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon had frankenstein'd their game engine to make this trailer.

Heck if I was them the end of this chapter would be the 'end' of the game (Milletian is given domains to watch over as a full-grown god and 'disappears/ascends' storyline wise, but allows us to continue playing if we wanted.) while they rewired the Peria engine to be an actual Mabi Successor game. I understand the engine belongs to a different team/studio but considering the losses they likely accrued it wouldn't be a leap of faith to consider they may have given up/sold the engine and software to recoup losses.

That's just my two cents however.

Honestly, if Nexon WAS planning to upgrade the game engine... Not to sound rude but, they better have multiple backups of ALL the data, considering how old Pleonie (sp?) engine is, who knows what would happen if they changed/upgraded the game engine.
    Wolfsinger
  • DradgasDradgas
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    I can only speak as someone from the states so the values might change from country to country. But I personally don't really see a graphical update for Mabinogi being a bad idea at all, we even have PSO2 recently that seems to be doing that and the reception to it so far has been really positive.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 24, 2020
    Dradgas wrote: »
    I can only speak as someone from the states so the values might change from country to country. But I personally don't really see a graphical update for Mabinogi being a bad idea at all, we even have PSO2 recently that seems to be doing that and the reception to it so far has been really positive.

The thing about a graphical update for Mabinogi isn't whether it's a good idea or not, but the fact that the engine is so ancient with the team that developed it being long gone, and that Nexon likely would see no reason to overhaul/set aside funds for one of its more niche games. It's much easier to just keep pushing out gacha for whatever money they can make off the game in its current state.
  • DradgasDradgas

The thing about a graphical update for Mabinogi isn't whether it's a good idea or not, but the fact that the engine is so ancient with the team that developed it being long gone, and that Nexon likely would see no reason to overhaul/set aside funds for one of its more niche games. It's much easier to just keep pushing out gacha for whatever money they can make off the game in its current state.

That's very much so true, though the same could be said about PSO2 if they didn't decide to do this whole new update they're putting out. I guess it really just depends on what the company things will be worth it or not, though I guess I'll always be of the opinion that a graphical update is a good idea.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    If it's done in parts with plenty of backups, it should be possible,
  • AyameiAyamei
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    The day they make a mabinogi 2 and this is the graphics will be quite the interesting day.

This trailer literally shows us nothing, however. What does she say?
    Mairu
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

That's very much so true, though the same could be said about PSO2 if they didn't decide to do this whole new update they're putting out. I guess it really just depends on what the company things will be worth it or not, though I guess I'll always be of the opinion that a graphical update is a good idea.

That is mostly due to having a franchise...Mabinogi has no long living franchise unlike the Phantasy star series. What made the game sell was, gameplay, story, it's traditions intact and "love" for the franchise which turned Phantasy star into a series, its value is in name.

Mabinogi is just an old MMO which is original but lack a surviving franchise worldwide unlike Phantasy star online 2, the fact that they could pull a graphic overhaul was because they find it worth to give it to an existing franchise which is worth the money to develop and giving them the extra courage to see through with it.

Mabinogi in the other hand, you can guess what is wrong with it, mistakes which causes a mess, nothing to remedy it, on with the new and abandon the old. This is an indirect message which players do not like which hurts the reputation for the game and for the company. Nexon had no confidence to do an entire graphic overhaul because there "technically" not an existing franchise growing strong to give it to, with the amount of funds they had to spend and time to have it realized its just something of a huge gamble to them. Its funny since that is pretty much "Mabinogi" now, a HUGE gamble of a mess.

There also had been some call outs about intended features to be a headache on purpose which you would have to learn for yourself by finding it. (To much to list to care about anymore.)

Mabinogi can't compare to the monsters like Final fantasy, Phantasy star, Dragon quest, and other long living games which had been with us the longest with legacies.

Id honestly would of found Mabinogi the "perfect" MMO if they had fixed past issues, more "valued" quality of life changes, revisiting old content's quality (looking at those NPC shop clothing in pure pixels of 32 bits.), re-balancing old skills/talents, and finally "the graphical overhaul which most of us had wanted for quite a while now".

As much as I wish great things for this game, I can't see it due to a indirect message sent to us...we are nothing more than milk to be milked, not caring if it means losing us. This is how I see Mabinogi which I had to be honest to be my most played MMORPG through out the list of existing MMORPGs, I just keep coming back...only to be reminded and hurt by its loss of players for "reasons".
    Sherri
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Ayamei wrote: »
    The day they make a mabinogi 2 and this is the graphics will be quite the interesting day.

This trailer literally shows us nothing, however. What does she say?

this. anyone able to translate?
  • DradgasDradgas
    Alshian wrote: »

That is mostly due to having a franchise...Mabinogi has no long living franchise unlike the Phantasy star series. What made the game sell was, gameplay, story, it's traditions intact and "love" for the franchise which turned Phantasy star into a series, its value is in name.

Mabinogi is just an old MMO which is original but lack a surviving franchise worldwide unlike Phantasy star online 2, the fact that they could pull a graphic overhaul was because they find it worth to give it to an existing franchise which is worth the money to develop and giving them the extra courage to see through with it.

Mabinogi in the other hand, you can guess what is wrong with it, mistakes which causes a mess, nothing to remedy it, on with the new and abandon the old. This is an indirect message which players do not like which hurts the reputation for the game and for the company. Nexon had no confidence to do an entire graphic overhaul because there "technically" not an existing franchise growing strong to give it to, with the amount of funds they had to spend and time to have it realized its just something of a huge gamble to them. Its funny since that is pretty much "Mabinogi" now, a HUGE gamble of a mess.

There also had been some call outs about intended features to be a headache on purpose which you would have to learn for yourself by finding it. (To much to list to care about anymore.)

Mabinogi can't compare to the monsters like Final fantasy, Phantasy star, Dragon quest, and other long living games which had been with us the longest with legacies.

Id honestly would of found Mabinogi the "perfect" MMO if they had fixed past issues, more "valued" quality of life changes, revisiting old content's quality (looking at those NPC shop clothing in pure pixels of 32 bits.), re-balancing old skills/talents, and finally "the graphical overhaul which most of us had wanted for quite a while now".

As much as I wish great things for this game, I can't see it due to a indirect message sent to us...we are nothing more than milk to be milked, not caring if it means losing us. This is how I see Mabinogi which I had to be honest to be my most played MMORPG through out the list of existing MMORPGs, I just keep coming back...only to be reminded and hurt by its loss of players for "reasons".

I generally agree with what you're saying though I like others might say I assume, there's potential for Nexon to make something out of Mabinogi while still milking players if that's the direction they want to go in. Personally I think they could do better at propping up certain elements of their game and try to put their hand into targeting marketing. Like for example they could try to work on the partner system to pander to certain demographics like a certain type of weeb or something along those lines. There's plenty of that I'd say that does seem like a mess with the game but it just seems like there's also so much that they could offer that other games don't which could in turn prop them up to be something more and enable them to milk more players.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited July 30, 2020
    G25 comes with a new Talent that is currently in beta. As far as I can tell it has something to do with buffing your character using custom-made magic circles.

*has sudden flashback to older MMOs where players would troll by forming swastikas and profane words/symbols*
    Oh boy...
    Sherri