Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Too Late to start?

KrForrestKrForrest
in General Chat
Hi,
I've played Mabinogi for looong times in Korean server, but eventually quit because of massive delay (I'm from Aus).
I've recently came across Mabinogi through steam and I'm kind of hooked again because delay seems alot less than I expected (I certainly wasn't expecting to be able to successfully do windmill against running foe... Lol)
I know there are lots of peep saying it's dying and it's not worth playing... but it was one of my fav game and it'd be whole new experiences without *much* delay. Still, knowing that there are tones of contents to go through (I'm literally starting fresh in USA server..) and I'll most likely need other players' help, I'd really like to be part of a helpful community, however small if it still exists now (maybe through guilds/etc...?)
So I guess my main question is, should I start/ don't look back and walk away?

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    If this was amongst your «favs» you will have plenty of experience/memories to gain/create & finally explore what you couldn't before. I also see various people on occasion «tutoring» new players so you should be able to find someone willing to help you (although it doesn't sound like you're necessarily «new» so much as that you're just «starting over» but it is unknown at this time since how long ago). Should you decide to resume/re-start, although I assume you would probably already know this, I would recommend of course doing the following things first-and-foremost...:

➡ Obtain Bags (may need to start with some of the basic ones from the General-Shops then eventually move up into bags such as the Rose Wreath Tia Bag, Luxury Equipment Bag, Simon's Clothing Bag, Kaban Bag, Kyururu Bag, Birman Bags, etc., some of these being more affordable/available than the others, but at the least there should be plenty of Rose Wreath Tia Bag Coupons available from the Auction-House)
    ➡ Clear Saga I Episodes 1-10 (for the Pegasus Pet-Whistle)... possibly with multiple characters on the same account for more Pegasii
    ➡ Obtain whatever «useful» rewards that may be available from the never-ending on-going back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back events if you need them (or for selling for quick gold)
    ➡ Clear as many Generations as possible... your character will become much stronger due to how your power grows exponentially from G20+
    LeineiShiranai
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited July 28, 2020
    The game is still worth a spin, and the community is still pretty welcoming in my experience.

If you're looking for other players, there's an official Discord server floating around. Otherwise the forums and even in-game you'll usually find people willing to point you in the right direction if you ask!

Edit: in case you drop onto the Nao server, my character is Kalxbroc!
    SherriWolfsingerLeineiJianto
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 28, 2020
    Just make sure you make your country the US on your Nexon account. ;)
    Ukraine got locked out from their accounts this year with no warning.

Aside from that I recommend this game to a lot of people irl actually. There is tons of content now, especially if you are starting out again. Plus this is one of the very few games where you can be jack of all trades and not be locked down to one typical archetype. My name is Crimson and I reside on the Nao server. Feel free to message me if you need any help in game.
    MairuSherriWolfsingerLeinei
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    KrForrest wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've played Mabinogi for looong times in Korean server, but eventually quit because of massive delay (I'm from Aus).
    I've recently came across Mabinogi through steam and I'm kind of hooked again because delay seems alot less than I expected (I certainly wasn't expecting to be able to successfully do windmill against running foe... Lol)
    I know there are lots of peep saying it's dying and it's not worth playing... but it was one of my fav game and it'd be whole new experiences without *much* delay. Still, knowing that there are tones of contents to go through (I'm literally starting fresh in USA server..) and I'll most likely need other players' help, I'd really like to be part of a helpful community, however small if it still exists now (maybe through guilds/etc...?)

Of course it's worth playing. You've played it before. You liked it. Even if it were dying, why would that matter? What server are you on. I actually know someone in-game whom lives in Australia and used to play on the Korean servers as well. If you are on the same server as them, I can get you two in touch.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Never too late. They pretty much made it super easy to catch up.
    Jianto
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    The question is if you truly want to subject yourself to a playerbase that has none of the charm of the Korean server.

NA is pretty much toxic.
    FOXAssassin
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 4, 2020
    [Comment removed by moderator: Flaming and derailing thread]
    CrimsọnSherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 4, 2020
    [Comment removed by moderator: Flaming and derailing thread]
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    You guys are going to scare OP away.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 30, 2020
    Sai wrote: »
    You guys are going to scare OP away.

Possibly, it depends how familiar they are with typical on-line communities. There will always be toxic people in all of them. I suspect there are even those in the Korean Mabinogi community as well. But other than the shared interest that brings such communities together, there is always a variety of personalities in them. Along with toxic folks there are also folks worth getting to know. This internet thing has been a going concern now for several decades, and one of the skills one learns when using it is finding whom to give the time of day to and whom to not.
    FOXAssassin
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 4, 2020
    [Comment removed by moderator: Derailing thread]
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I feel like this is getting off-topic... :(
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    What you expect ? Nobody in the world is left with any attention-span that lasts for more than a couple of sentences (very few anyway).
    And not everybody is a peace-maker, but if we need them, I suppose it's still not too late to start (or for me to resume) if we feel it necessary.
    Although it was many posts ago I did interject once or twice about refraining from sarcasm between some forum-users.
    Apparently that actually worked to «diffuse» the potentially rising mud-flinging between them as the forum-user saw it within himself.
    Mairu wrote: »
    I feel like this is getting off-topic... :(
    MairuWolfsingerFOXAssassin
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    It's not too late to start at all! The quests from Blaanid will help your character get up to total level 5k quickly, and if you do those quests during the x2 AP weeks of master plan you'll have at least 10k AP! Now is a really good time to start over, and the Nao server is thriving after the server merge we got. A lot of old players came back since they no longer have to play on ghost town servers, so I don't think this game is dying at all!

I don't know how the Alexina server is doing, because I don't play on it, but if you're looking for a lively game community I don't think you'll be disappointed by Nao!
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 30, 2020
    Shakaya wrote: »
    It's not too late to start at all! The quests from Blaanid will help your character get up to total level 5k quickly, and if you do those quests during the x2 AP weeks of master plan you'll have at least 10k AP! Now is a really good time to start over, and the Nao server is thriving after the server merge we got. A lot of old players came back since they no longer have to play on ghost town servers, so I don't think this game is dying at all!

I don't know how the Alexina server is doing, because I don't play on it, but if you're looking for a lively game community I don't think you'll be disappointed by Nao!

Yeah, what Shakaya said.

It's never too late. There are many perks for new players and leveling up is way easier now. Also since we are having Master Plan Event, now it's perfect time to start.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 4, 2020
    [Comment removed by moderator: Derailing thread]
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited August 4, 2020
    [Comment removed by moderator: Reference to removed posts]
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 4, 2020
  • MuaaMuaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    KrForrest wrote: »
    I'd really like to be part of a helpful community, however small if it still exists now (maybe through guilds/etc...?)
    Only can speak from Nao server (who merged year ago Mari Ruari and Tarlach servers into a big one) and is only my humble point of view, ok? fine.. here i go..

The community exist and is active, yes.. but you no need to trust me, just visit channel 1 for Tail-Tara dailies and watch people 's partys at altars, take a look when Nao resets daily quests (about 11am pacific-LA time) and you can get a clear idea about this community.
    If channel 1 goes crowdy (and crazy), and people rush stuff like maniacs (as usual) move to ch.2, 3 5 and 7 .. there're more people there and they play a bit more relaxed and chill ... of course Dumbarton is another spot to visit, plus ch.1 is excellent to test your video card and latency, just run between shops for a while ^^

Hope you enjoy playing your favorite game one more time.
    Regards Muaa, the elf~
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited August 4, 2020