Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Random Persistant Disconnections

KromariKromari
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support

Since the launch of the P.E.T update. Some weird unexplainable random disconnections are constantly happeneing between 10 to 30 minutes, even with stable internet connection. I tried:

-Running the game as admin: Fail

-Running both the launcher and game as admin: Fail

-Putting mabi executables on my antivirus safe program list: Fail

-Putting mabi, ngs executables on my antivirus safe program list: Fail

-Putting mabi, ngs, launcher executables on my antivirus safe program list: Fail

-Putting ngs, mabi, launcher files on the DEP (Data Execution Protection) safe list: Fail

-Playing with my antivirus off: Fail

-Playing with my Firewall off: Fail

-Reinstalling Mabi: Fail

-Reinstalling the launcher: Fail

-Playing with my computer on Safe mode with Network: Fail

Does anyone also having this kind of problem?

Ty for your attention

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Was on Discord and it's a known issue for disconnecting and not being able to log in for a while. It is being looked into.
  • skittleteddyskittleteddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    have we had any updates? I had a white screen glitch and I haven't been able to log back in since (been over 3-5 days and have tried numerous "fixes" that have failed)
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I have noticed this issue with one of my laptops. my desktop is the main device I pay mabinogi on though and I never have disconnect issues on it. use a ethernet cable to play if you can to hopefully improve your connection to the game.
    have we had any updates? I had a white screen glitch and I haven't been able to log back in since (been over 3-5 days and have tried numerous "fixes" that have failed)

open your nexon launcher, click on your name in the top right corner, go into launcher settings, click on game configure, and then click repair installation. if that doesn't work you could try uninstalling mabinogi and the nexon launcher completely and reinstall everything all over again or you could try downloading mabinogi through Steam if you live in the US or Canada.

you can also do a ip release and renew to clear up any small connection issues. it only take about a minute to do and here is a video on how to do it:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=5dMLTgGD4E4
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    This indeed sounds most-likely like a connection-stability issue. Sometimes certain updates in Mabinogi may result in more band-width needing to be transferred at a time which could affect connection-stability, how-ever, the more-likely culprits would be things like possible auto-updates from other software programmes that may have recently been installed, downloading of Windows-updates in the back-ground (similar to software-updates), other people in/around/near your house-hold who may be sharing band-width & using excessive band-width through things like Torrent-downloads and/or their streaming of videos, too many different devices connected simultaneously to your router, etc., etc. Hopefully there are no «stealth-viruses» that may have surreptitiously invaded your system which hide themselves from anti-virus detect programs which could also result in such connection-issues since they often eat up band-width (for future-reference you may want to mention which anti-virus or other security software programmes you may be using so that we can rule out these kinds of factors as the cause of your issues).
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I was kind of hoping it was caused by NGS.

I mean, that piece of [redacted] is useless to begin with.