Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Trying to get back into the game

BomeiBomei
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
As the title states, I've been playing since G1 when all shops were in Tir chonnal and only p2p peeps could Transform into paladins xD. I'm currently 1800 TTL archer main looking to get back into the game and was wondering if it's still possible to catch up? I have a Few questions as well: Is archery still a viable role, meaning am I able to do all content with just archery? Are all classes/weapons balanced or are there tier lists or does each class/weapon have a specific role? Is there any f2P way of increasing inventory space? I look forward to your favorable reply.

regards,

Shukaji.

Comments

• LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    edited July 31, 2020
    It's possible to catch up. Blaanid quests will help get you back on your feet. "Is archery still a viable role?" Not really, you might be able to do most of the early content with archery between G1-G12 but it will quickly feel obsolete for G13~G24 content, and to make archery viable again would require a lot of investment in gear, stats, and needing to achieve low latency. "Are all classes/weapons balanced?" Nope, there are tier lists based on the best talents to grow with and best gear to stride towards. "Is there any f2P way of increasing inventory space?" Yes, there are bag coupons that you can trade other players for, and occasionally these coupons are handed out during events. You can also get more bank slots for free if you go to Vales and Filia and talk with the Giant and Elf leaders to retrieve a free giant & elf character cards after becoming their allies. Also, there's more free inventory space from the pets they hand out by completing content or rewarded through events.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 31, 2020
    Archery is still viable for some things. But ultimately you are going to want to branch out. You're hurting yourself and not reaching your full potential by not ranking everything. Do the memory book update and take advantage of double ap times during the Summer Master Plan event that is going on right now.
    mabinogi-summer-2020-master-plan-updated.png
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh also the current event going on allows for free Ace Talent rebirths.
    You should take the time, especially making use of the Level 5,000 or Below Rebirth Potion from Blaanid's Memoirs to rebirth into each of those Ace Talents like Merlin, Starlet, Treasure Hunter, etc and pick up all their Hero Skills for free, since they'll be pretty handy and it's a lot less of a hassle than manually learning them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh also the current event going on allows for free Ace Talent rebirths.
    You should take the time, especially making use of the Level 5,000 or Below Rebirth Potion from Blaanid's Memoirs to rebirth into each of those Ace Talents like Merlin, Starlet, Treasure Hunter, etc and pick up all their Hero Skills for free, since they'll be pretty handy and it's a lot less of a hassle than manually learning them.

When they do these free hero rebirths, I really wish that Treasure Hunter was last. That way you rebirth an elf alt as Prof. J to get Hydra, then RB as a treasure hunter and leave them there. A very low level elf using hydra with hide can complete a treasure dungeon, so you can use that alt to farm them. For me now it's a moot point since I obtained this over two such events, but still.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Don't forget that you can use those Hero-Births on your «Alt» characters for more AP to your main character.
    Upon Hero-Birthing an Alt, and entering into the world of the Erinn-universe, you will have an option for Hero-Support;
    Said Hero-Support adds AP to the target-character up to 50AP per week for each time said Alt-Char gains levels.