Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Help! S-type or R-type upgrade for Devil Slayer?

HyesooHyesoo
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
I want to special upgrade a Devil Slayer but I'm not quite sure if I should go S-type (min & max damage) or R-type (critical strike damage) for maximum damage output.

My actual damage with the Devil Slayer is 229-327 and have r1 Critical Strike and r1 Smash.

What would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    For most two handed weapons, R is preferred.
    When you do some math, you'll find that with a 30% effective critical rate, R type will overall out preform S type in terms of total damage done. There's a spreadsheet somewhere where you can figure out that difference if you give it your max damage.
    Hyesoo
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    I've always gone by:

Red: All weapons Except wands/staves (Exception is if you have extremely high magic attack)
    Blue: Wands/staves

Moving to help!
    Hyesoo
  • HyesooHyesoo
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Thanks Buffalos and Korore for your quick answer. I'll keep in mind that simple rule for special upgrades.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    What Korore said is the best way to go about things. The only exceptions are wands that have chain casting but are not savage wands. Wands that fit this description should be R-typed. That said, the only wand that fits that description and is worth special upgrading is the Tribolt wand.