Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone else having severe audio stutter an crashes

NikomisNikomis
Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
edited December 16, 2016 in Technical Support
It seems like I am the only one in my friend group whos been getting it, and I cant REALLY capture it at all, cause well I crash when I try to record or take screenshots now... but the audio during Freestyle Jams sometimes stutters very violently, like a part will repeat itself and jitter over one note really violently anywhere from one to five times before being okay again for a while. Is this a thing that anyone else has? Or is it just my computer/drivers having a fit? Mabi NEVER gave me a CTD problem before MusicQ.

{edit}
Okay so I can confirm that the game simply crashes to desktop when you hit the stop button for recording, regardless of Freestyle Jam.

Comments

• NikomisNikomis
    edited December 16, 2016
    I managed to capture a "video" of the incident... the audio sounds EXACTLY how it sounds when I get the stutter, but the video is corrupt from crashing to desktop... so mind the colours...

I will also note that it seems Enthralling Performance is also affection, along with Jam Session and Freestyle Jam
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    What type of computer?
    What version of Windows?

More details might be able to get a better response.

Have you tried reinstalling Mabinogi?

I have found a similar glitch, but have had no such crashes or the audio messing up. Just a repeating song with Enthralling Performance.
  • NikomisNikomis
    edited December 17, 2016
    Desktop Computer Specs:
    AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
    16GB DDR3-2400 Memory
    Asus GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card
    Windows 10 64-bit OS

Mabinogi is installed on a 7200rpm HDD, Windows is on a SSD.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    How about Motherboard?
    Any dedicated audio solution?
    Speaker/Headphones connected to a 3.5mm plug, or is the sound going through HDMI from the 960 to a TV or monitor?
  • NikomisNikomis
    Tsumuku
    Tsumuku said:

How about Motherboard?
    Any dedicated audio solution?
    Speaker/Headphones connected to a 3.5mm plug, or is the sound going through HDMI from the 960 to a TV or monitor?
    Using an Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard, with fully updated BIOS. No dedicated audio cards, but the audio drivers are up to date.

Audio stutter happens with both my Monitor (HDMI), and my SteelSeries Siberia V2 3.5mm Headset, regardless of if its plugged into the front or back panels. I almost exclusively use the headset for quality reasons.