Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mana Shield Reduction reforge?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in Help
I'm thinking to buy a glove with this reforge but after some googling, I am confused, is it useless after you reached a certain amount of magic attack? Some people said if I ever want to become a mage, this reforge is useless. I'm not sure on the mechanism behind the reduction rate, nor do I want to understand anyway, what I want to know is whether it is helpful for me for survivability, since I mostly play solo.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited February 11, 2017
    For surviving, it is very useful in my opinion, no matter what talent you are. I do not think it becomes irrelevant at any stage of the game though.

I think by far this is my favorite reforge as it makes it very hard to die!
  • SolesticeSolestice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    edited February 11, 2017
    That is not true. Mana shield scales off Magic defense and magic protection. The higher you have the more damage you'll absorb with the reforge. Usually a really nice build with that reforge is an armor that gives those listed above (Royal Knight armor, Languhiris, Bhafel). If you do full upgrades for magic def/prot it'll be way better and even for a mage you SHOULD have meditation cap, and inspiration and Mana pots. You should be fine
  • FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    If you're a mage, it's going to be useless. If you're more melee-oriented, it's extremely useful.

I believe a Lv. 20 reforge is equivalent to approximately 407 magic attack though, I could be wrong. But, as a mage, you'll most likely have more than that and therefore a stronger Mana Shield without the reforge.

I have a Lv. 20 Mana Shield and it let's me fight how I want without being a mage but at the cost of potential Max damage reforges. (Assuming you don't roll something like combat mastery Max damage alongside the Mana Shield reforge)