Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pepper-Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin?

Cadh20000Cadh20000
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited February 14, 2017 in Help
I've tried learning Martial Arts on 2 characters now, each time I get to where Cecilia wants me to make the "Pepper-Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" but when I try it does not show up in the recipe list at all, the closest is "Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin", the way...alright, I'm drawing a blank on the NPC's name here...that cook at the restaurant that tells you the "Golden Ratio" stresses "That's Pepper, not Salt!" I thought maybe that meant switching out the salt the recipe called for for the pepper he mentioned, but each time it just comes out as Food Waste. I tried using the search bar but nothing even remotely related came up whether I searched "Martial Arts", "Knuckles", "Silk-Striped Marlin", or any other keyword I could think of that might apply.
Is it even possible to make Pepper-Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin"? If so, what is the actual recipe name since that does not appear anywhere in the list(and I've checked for it at least 30 times)?
Oh, and just so you know, the first of the two characters who I attempted this with has r8 Cooking, no shaking at all in the ingredients bar, and I'm 100% positive I came at least within 2~3% of the "Golden Ratio" the NPC told me to use.

I greatly appreciate any information you can give me on this before I try to gain the skills on any other alts.

*EDIT* Yes, I have already checked the wiki but it seems to imply the recipe should be there and clearly labeled...Given that everything seems to indicate that same thing, yet it isn't showing for me at all on any character I have with the Cooking skill, I'm almost ready to submit a support ticket saying my account is bugged or something.

*EDIT...again*
I went through and took screenshots of the entire baking list with the two recipes closest to Cecilia's "Pepper-Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" and Ysolte's "Show-Off Pork Steak" marked so you can see what I am talking about. Substituting pepper for the salt in the "Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" recipe as was implied by Fraser when telling you the "Golden ratio" for the grilled marlin results in Food Waste rather than becoming "Pepper-grilled", and substituting the Pork Steak for the Beef Steak normally called for by the "Show-Off Steak" also results in Food Waste rather than becoming "Show-Off Pork Steak", but those two are the closest recipes in the list to what the quest calls for so I'm out of ideas for a way to complete these without simply refusing to help the girls do their cooking.

Mabinogi%20-%20Baking%20list.png

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited February 14, 2017
    The wiki says: Create the Pepper Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin using Cooking. It requires Baking (Rank F Cooking). You must stand next to the nearby Cooking Oven to create the recipe.

Here's the link: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Sidequests#Rush_of_Love

Hope it helps!
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000
    edited February 14, 2017
    Korore wrote: »
    The wiki says: Create the Pepper Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin using Cooking. It requires Baking (Rank F Cooking). You must stand next to the nearby Cooking Oven to create the recipe.

Here's the link: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Sidequests#Rush_of_Love

Hope it helps!

I already tried that, went there first actually, but the baking category in the cooking skill doesn't have the recipe listed for it at all. Thanks anyway.
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000
    I went through and took screenshots of the entire baking list with the two recipes closest to Cecilia's "Pepper-Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" and Ysolte's "Show-Off Pork Steak" marked so you can see what I am talking about. Substituting pepper for the salt in the "Grilled Silk-Striped Marlin" recipe as was implied by Fraser when telling you the "Golden ratio" for the grilled marlin results in Food Waste rather than becoming "Pepper-grilled", and substituting the Pork Steak for the Beef Steak normally called for by the "Show-Off Steak" also results in Food Waste rather than becoming "Show-Off Pork Steak", but those two are the closest recipes in the list to what the quest calls for so I'm out of ideas for a way to complete these without simply refusing to help the girls do their cooking.

Mabinogi%20-%20Baking%20list.png

Anyway, I'll edit the first post to include this info as well.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, this is an old bug.

At some point in the past, these "Rush of Love"-specific recipes were removed from the files, and so attempting to cook them results in a failure all the time.
    It's really annoying, as it keeps you from seeing what the girls say when you cook well for them.

Try reporting this in the Bugs and Glitches section, following the formatting guidelines in the sticky there.

For now, if you want to continue in that questline, you're forced to either agree to cook and fail, or to refuse to cook altogether.
    Both ways will progress the storyline, even though it's lame if you wanted to successfully cook for them.
    Cadh20000lilblkrose
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000
    Thank you, at least I know it isn't that my account in particular is bugged(as has happened in the past so I can't just rule it out).