Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Not able to get novice shock quest?

AppleChanceryAppleChancery
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
in Help
dda35f2379f440e5a86408f1bf13fbc4.png
When I talk to Heledd with the "skill" keyword, this is the dialogue I get:
533991283edb5d6619f7618668faa4dc.png
For some reason I'm not able to get the quest at all no matter how manner times I talk to her:
a3a805450d66d43e38853852bffc9e2d.png

Please help.

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I'm not sure how far you on on that but......if you look at the questline for Shock on mabinogi wiki it states : "Talk to Heledd with the Skills Keyword after learning rank Novice Shock during Generation 11: Sword of the Gods."

Heledd will provide a 1x2 book, The Amplification of Electricity and Voltage, to place pages into the book. Be sure to have enough inventory space.
    Collect pages 1-10 and enchant them into the book. The enchant success rate is 100%.

Hope that helps and good luck hunting the pages for it once you obtain the booklet. Sadly you have to do the storyline to obtain quite a handful of the alchemy skills.
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    edited February 13, 2017
    I did all my generation quests already.
    66fa43b362a219dd22309be84f830def.png

40b369f1992d454a4ec98080fcf20f1a.png
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    edited February 13, 2017
    Usually there's quests that conflict with the advanced quests....the only thing I can think of that is stopping it probably could be that top quest? But I'm not sure. I have a character that has just about all the quests you have and then some...just not that top one..granted that shouldn't stop you from starting the shock quest.

I know in the past a handful of players had this issue. I'm not sure what the resolve was...I'm still digging for information.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Have you by chance already obtained the booklet before and canceled the quest?
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Have you by chance already obtained the booklet before and canceled the quest?
    I don't think so, at least, I don't remember wanting to rank shock in the past, so I never bothered.

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Is there another quest currently going on with that NPC? Usually that blocks it. I made a new character and it constantly can't get through to Duncan for one quest until I finish the rest of the quest for Duncan. Or like hunting quests...I need to finish the ones obtained prior before it counts for the next quest that I want.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 14, 2017
    I think you need to complete these Music quests for you to be able to get that Shock quest. Quests who give you new skill will not let you get more quests for more skills until you finish/delete the one you already have.
    Greta wrote: »
    I think you need to complete these Music quests for you to be able to get that Shock quest. Quests who give you new skill will not let you get more quests for more skills until you finish/delete the one you already have.
    Ok, thank you; I will try that.

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yes, it's the Creating Harmonies quest that would be clashing with the Shock quest.

Other quests that "clash" in this manner are Fireball, Thunder and Arrow Revolver.

It used to be that you could only have one of these quests at a time (back when we received actual 2x2 quest scrolls for these skills), and when Devcat updated the quest system, they somehow forgot to remove that limitation.