Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ahem just curious

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
in Town Square
Let's preteeeend I were to maybe somehow manage to play the log in theme that we all so dearly love on my clarinet for a thing for baaand, would this be considered plagiarism? I mean after all this song changes more than Fashionogis.....okay maybe not as much, but close enough >->. I assume it would be massive plagiarism but I seriously don't want to play the lame song that we're being given. I'm not really going to publish it or anything of the sort, its just that our teacher wants us to play something different...kind of like a mini concert but not really...in fact think of it as if Bards in Mabinogi went up on a stage in real life and just played, just to play.

Also....when did the forums change so drastically DX, this is weird!! I like it though. So it's a good weird!

Comments

• PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    I'm pretty sure as long as you give credit for it and not monetize it, should be okay. But that's just me.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I agree. It should be perfectly fine since you're going to use it for school and you're teacher approves it. I've used mabi related material for school projects in my graphic design classes for college. Just give credit like Prom suggested.

If you decide to play the song, I hope you are able to record and share with us on the forum. :) it would be fun to listen to!
    Amelina
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd -- nevermind, already stated. lol
    I think it was called something like 'An Old Story from Grandma'?
    Unless you mean the character screen.. which I doubt..
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Credit is appreciated, though if you wish to cover it and use it for a commercial purpose(i.e., an album for profit), you may wish to contact Legal and discuss it with them.
  • PersicaPersica
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Just do it! It's only for school
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    Everyone will know you play mabinogi.
    AmelinaCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Froglord wrote: »

Not everyone knows what Mabinogi is so i think that might promote game a little bit?

NasumiRayneShoogSunbeamtheGreatAmelina
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    I mean good, I wouldn't mind people knowing I play it XD, and alright I'll try it out. Sadly I won't be able to record it as we aren't allowed to have cameras or phones at this. There are obvious of the song a solo clarinet player can't do though lol. The version Sherri mentioned a good minute or so of it is like what in the world am I supposed to do with that! Good thing about this is if I can't play it at its original tempo I can just change it cause like i said...IT CHANGES ALREADY XD! Anyway thanks! And sorry for late reply
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Froglord wrote: »

Then they will ask what the bleep is mabinogi? XD