Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do you play Mabinogi for?

CombatnogiCombatnogi
Mabinogi Rep: 935
edited December 18, 2016 in General Chat
I kinda knew why people played Mabinogi back in the beginning and now I'm curious to see what people play for now.
  1. What do you play Mabinogi for and why?73 votes
    1. Combat
       11% (8 votes)
    2. Clothes
       22% (16 votes)
    3. Social
       21% (15 votes)
    4. Music
       14% (10 votes)
    5. Other
       32% (23 votes)

Comments

• ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Even I don't know why I play Mabinogi anymore...
  • CombatnogiCombatnogi
    edited December 18, 2016
    I just keep onto that glimmer of hope I'd see one the original players I played with pop online but.... yeaah :P
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    It's a good time waster. and money waster
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I'm a new player so I'm just playing to master all skills and get stronger (life as a solo player). Which will take a long time so that will probably get me going for a while lol
  • CombatnogiCombatnogi
    ShouK, there is a lot more content now so it should hold you for a while.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    CLOTHES.
    yuuwi
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    I haven't played as long as some (only a year and a half), but I tend to play for the socialness and the music. Mainly the music. And I guess clothes >->
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    I like to afkonogi when I fashonogi while I studynogi (because finals are cruel).
    SylviaWolfe
  • CeiCei
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    I play for Glory.

Also because its been years and I have a hard time letting things go that Ive been invested in.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    As crazy as it might sound... Mabi is still fun to me. Technical issues aside, I enjoy the whole package.

And right now? I'm really liking the Math Music Dungeon. Sure, it isn't HARD, but it's FUN.
    SherriSylviaWolfeSavante
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Mmm. Well there's the usual "I just want to get gud" reasoning out of it, but at the same time, I just really like spending time and doing things with people that I know, and if I don't know anyone, there's always the time invested to know new people.

Cairbre's blessing at the moment is making me even slide the hell out of my "home" channel to slap my mandolin across the face of someone in another server just for the whole idea of playing freestyle with new people (and hopefully they'll be new friends to meet. who knows~)
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I just kinda wait for events I might find fun, tbh.
  • MarchionessMarchioness
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    To get some beef
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    My entire point of playing mabi was to become strong for the sole purpose of helping others run dungeons, shadow missions, and quests. Pretty much carry people even if I had to. I did that because when I was a newb and I needed help running things I was ridiculed for asking all the time, no matter how much I tried to help people who ran me through dungeons. :/

But now, it's hard to find new people for me who will stay on mabi without going offline forever, and I sort of got at a lost at what to rank next, even though I still got battle alchemy to do. The AP requirements sorta put me at a wall. :( So now I wait for a good time to get back into mabi. aka AP events. I'm never going to quit mabi for a while, but I'm just gonna wait until something really catches my eye.
  • AerenAeren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited December 18, 2016
    Can't that poll be multiple choice? XDDD I play Mabinogi for Clothes, Friends, & (some) Events. And for nostalgia. I wish I could have more time dungeoning but *ping* my co-workers keep *ping* messaging *ping* me!!!
  • SaiAbyssSaiAbyss
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    I play Mabi to hang out with the guild and friends. The music is a great bonus, though~
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    Cei
    Cei said:

I play for Glory.

Also because its been years and I have a hard time letting things go that Ive been invested in.
    Aside from the social aspect I agree, it's hard to let go of years of dedication.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Pretty much for everything. The combat, the music, the fashion,.. Especially for the story.
    Also why I looove MapleStory. For the story. Heh.
    I'm not very social because I often meet stuck up and rude people.
    Those who I do make friends with though, that is a reason of why I play.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Nnot sure how to answer the poll.
    I play for multiple reasons, but I guess the backing behind what I do in Mabi is whether or not it's fun?

Doing Dungeons and Shadow Missions can be fun, but I also like relaxing with other players outside of them.
    I like sitting around and chatting with others, but I still wanna do stuff that gives EXP and stuff.

This update really brought a resurgence of interest in Music, so I've been doing that.
    Mostly participating in the Freestyle Jams that people start up.
    Though I don't do that all day, since there's also event stuff and the new Math Music Dungeon to occupy me.

Then there's fashion, which I'm not so super big on, since my character has been wearing the same robe for, like, ever.
    But if there's a new outfit, I might try to get it and use it to dress up an Alt, or something.
    Just to have something new to look at on the character selection screen, if anything lol!

If I have to choose, I'll just go with Music, since it's what I've been doing the most of the past few days!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    INubSir said:

Even I don't know why I play Mabinogi anymore...
    Same, most of it is to get rid of old items and just hope that all the old features get the revamp they deserve.