Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Instrument Strings and Harmonic Wooden Boards

KaichuKaichu
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited February 20, 2017 in Help
These crafting materials, according to the wiki, drop from the end chest of Math Musical Dungeons.

I just did 10 of those dungeons in a row, and I now have a stack of the Melodic Metal Boards, a few potions, and a bit more gold. I got nothing else from those (quite annoying) runs.

Am I missing something? Am I looking in the right spot? It doesn't make sense that this metal material is this much more common than the other two, and there are apparently other rewards I haven't seen yet as well.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh trust me, they're just that uncommon.

Drop rate for the materials is like...

Metal Board >> Wood Board >>>>>>> Instrument String > Song Stardust.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is keep running the Musical Math dungeon over and over and over again.
  • KaichuKaichu
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I honestly wouldn't mind one bit if the dungeon were the least bit exciting, but it's 100% identical each time with slightly different results on the puzzles. I can't even play music while spamming this dungeon, because you have to listen to the game music.

I've farmed for things in games before, but this dungeon removes the ability to make that bearable. xD
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I've done 130~150 runs and no string, stardust or tuner drop. Depending on your luck it's going to take ages :)