Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sword Art Online Mabinogi Crossover Event!!!

SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
edited February 21, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Dear Mabinogi, NEXON!!! I Sunbeam007 of Ruairi server would like to send a sincere message to you on hoping to bring back one of the best events in history of MMORPG! SWORD ART ONLINE(SAO), That's right the SAO event, I would love to see it come to Mabinogi once again!

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Sword_Art_Online_Event

The previous last Sword Art Online event was back on August 13, 2014 to September 9th, 2014. There may have been another SAO event way back then, twice total. Hosting multiple series of events like Dungeon Capture, King of the Lake, Free YUI Doll, & Crystal Potions! Love them all!

Also, I really enjoyed & loved the SAO Gachapons in the Cash Shop! I spent almost about $1K on collecting every items: Wings, weapons, cosplay costumes, a Yui Doll, potions, & homestead seeds!

I love SAO SO MUCH! I would have the advantage!

Especially the first official brand new Sword Art Online movie: Ordinal Scale is coming out in March!!!! Hoping that Mabinogi, NEXON would celebrate it in some ways, promoting out the movie! I would buy all the outfits, collect 'em all!

And that's the memo!!!

1. Do you want to see SAO Crossover Event back to Mabinogi?83 votes
    1. Yes
       45% (37 votes)
    2. No
       55% (46 votes)

Comments

• SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    edited February 21, 2017
    search?q=Mabinogi+SAO&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&hl=en&biw=360&bih=560&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjquu7arKLSAhWD2YMKHeLVB20Q_AUIBygB#imgrc=_DfrL0osAXBdRM:
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Either way, I'd have no NX to spend.
    Also, I doubt copyright would let us have it again.
    Unless some miracle happens, maybe with the new SAO movie..?
    Sherri wrote: »

If it were to violate copyright, then how did Mabinogi, NEXON managed to have the crossover event in the first place???

Even promoting the movie with it, it would possible fall under the copyright infringement. They just have to negotiate & agree to pay them. Almost anything can be copyrighted & it is very strict these days.

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Well the Vocaloid event hasn't come back yet, and that was before the SAO event, so I have no hopes for SAO to come back to Mabi.
    Aside from which, the events for SAO were kind of lackluster in my opinion. If by some miracle they do manage to bring it back, I hope the events would change.
    XiokunSherriBleuieBerryswirl
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Well the Vocaloid event hasn't come back yet, and that was before the SAO event, so I have no hopes for SAO to come back to Mabi.
    Aside from which, the events for SAO were kind of lackluster in my opinion. If by some miracle they do manage to bring it back, I hope the events would change.

I'm all SAO'd out still. For months I remember people shoving the opening theme in my face and then the SAO event that came made it overkill for me. With all the pestering irl that I should watch it already going on already at the time I decided I just didn't want to hear about it again. ~_~ Though, Vocaloid NEEDS to come back! I love vocaloid and so do many here on Mabi.
    AsurielBerryswirl
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

I'm all SAO'd out still. For months I remember people shoving the opening theme in my face and then the SAO event that came made it overkill for me. With all the pestering irl that I should watch it already going on already at the time I decided I just didn't want to hear about it again. ~_~ Though, Vocaloid NEEDS to come back! I love vocaloid and so do many here on Mabi.

Oh my lord.. I would kill for a Vocaloid return! Nexon, pl0x! D:
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The only reason I would want this event back would be to horde the titles and sell them 50x the price afterwards. Same with the enchants :| Otherwise no. Please no.
    SylviaWolfeAsurielMey
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Considering there's been 1 new season released since then and 1 upcoming movie, a new tie up event for more publicity will do Mabinogi some good.
    SunbeamtheGreat
    As far as my concern, only thing I posted this thread is because I really enjoy in-game cosplay my mabi character as Kirito armed with dual blades.

Nowadays, it is really rare to find on my server in the marketplace!!! Yet the prices may have inflated, idk the demands. I am looking to re-own every SAO items on the game :/

I am saving up gold to purchase 'em all!
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220

If it were to violate copyright, then how did Mabinogi, NEXON managed to have the crossover event in the first place???

Even promoting the movie with it, it would possible fall under the copyright infringement. They just have to negotiate & agree to pay them. Almost anything can be copyrighted & it is very strict these days.

They had the event in the first place because they paid for it. Like with our F/S night event, they pay to promote it like they do. No one else answered that, so I figured I would.
    SunbeamtheGreatNekoLily
    Leilicia wrote: »

They had the event in the first place because they paid for it. Like with our F/S night event, they pay to promote it like they do. No one else answered that, so I figured I would.

I figured, thanks for the answer, hopefully with SAO: Ordinal Scale the movie, Mabinogi would pay then promote it out. I wish I can see that happen :/

I miss the event, ever since I came back, I lost a lot of fashion items including all of my owned SAO outfits, weapons, wings, & the Yui Doll for the accessory slot.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    For those of us (me included) that missed the original crossover event I'd love to see it return. I'd like some updated outfits/weaponry to be included and for the titles and Yui to make a return ^_^ Plus I completely agree that Mabi could use the exposure
    NekoLily
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I would only want it again for the ALO Asuna title and the ability to make another combo card. Other than that, the event pretty much sucked.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    not really a event worth bringing back. the first SAO event was fairly boring. Nexon would probably make more money giving us event crossovers on other popular anime like the FMA anime event Korea had that a lot of people here want.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 22, 2017
    SAO event was huge failure in my opinion. Most events demanded spamming dungeons or afk fishing. I remember back when i tried to fish up that Swimsuit Box in hopes of getting a nice female swimsuit, but got NOTHING. I fished everyday for HOURS.... Someone have left boxes and no one could pick them up so they used to sit there on the ground for days, taunting me all that time. Some people managed to get box and pull out ugly male swimsuits lol, what a shame. Female swimsuits were worth around 6m+ that time, now they are just 400k ... That event was only good for that Nishida title. I probably only liked where i needed to collect White Dragon's poop, at least it was short and you were guaranteed some rewards with that Lisbeth title. Other than that, i only got junk items.

I wouldn't mind to get Vocaloid one, since i wasn't around that time lol so i'm curious. I also like Hatsune Miku! :3
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited February 22, 2017
    @Greta Yeah, I remember spamming those dungeons way too much... However, the one with the ice dragon (Languhiris XD) was pretty fun.

Also, if it wasn't such an old game, I would think Lunar/Lunar 2 would be a good idea for a cross-over.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Greta wrote: »
    SAO event was huge failure in my opinion. Most events demanded spamming dungeons or afk fishing. I remember back when i tried to fish up that Swimsuit Box in hopes of getting a nice female swimsuit, but got NOTHING. I fished everyday for HOURS.... Someone have left boxes and no one could pick them up so they used to sit there on the ground for days, taunting me all that time. Some people managed to get box and pull out ugly male swimsuits lol, what a shame. Female swimsuits were worth around 6m+ that time, now they are just 400k ... That event was only good for that Nishida title. I probably only liked where i needed to collect White Dragon's poop, at least it was short and you were guaranteed some rewards with that Lisbeth title. Other than that, i only got junk items.

I wouldn't mind to get Vocaloid one, since i wasn't around that time lol so i'm curious. I also like Hatsune Miku! :3
    I love that Nishida title! I never fail when fishing now.
    But yeah, I agree with everything you said, the events kinda sucked.

I would love for Vocaloid to come back to Mabi. I'm a pretty big fan and was so disappointed when I came back to this game and saw they had a collab. All the outfits and items I missed out on!

Whether for or against the SAO Crossover Event, I am just leaving this thread on here- I am a huge fan of SAO, I spent a lot of $$$$ getting every SAO gachas.

I hope it does return either way, with extreme hopes of adding SAO, ALO, GGO, Hollow Realization, & Ordinal Scale outfits, weapons, & dolls!

I been searching to collect Kirito SAO outfit, his dual swords, Yui Doll, Spriggan wing, & Asuna's complete set!
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I would rather have vocaloid event back so I can get kaito hair coupons :P or an attack on titan event since the new anime season is coming up. PLEASE attack on titan!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Arjune wrote: »
    I would rather have vocaloid event back so I can get kaito hair coupons :P or an attack on titan event since the new anime season is coming up. PLEASE attack on titan!

I want to be a titan.
    So I can have an excuse not to wear any clothing. :-) (I'm kidding. I like my galaxy briefs.)

Also, wouldn't it be cool if when we brought back the Vocaloid Event we could update some of the things you can have? For example; adding more vocaloid outfits like Miku's world is mine dress or Kagamine Rin's Meltdown outfit.