Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

the new Jam session is just the absolute BEST!

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
i love how a bunch of randoms with random instruments can just join in on what your playing no duplicate scores needed and turn a beautiful score being played solo into an epic orchestra on the spot

no preparations or exact timeing followed by praying to rngesus for 1 good play before a score breaks

still have no idea what i want to record onto a score with 1000+ uses tho
JJAyuSherriTelmes

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The downside is simply that you are still limited to three harmonies, plus one Song.

You still need a party jam and the tuner if you intend to make majestic sound.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

The downside is simply that you are still limited to three harmonies, plus one Song.

do tuners even exist anymore?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    They do. The rich people got'm.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    If another person equips a different score they will play their own instead of the leaders. Don't need to be in the same party. Don't need to worry about failing. No need to worry about timing. It's better than Jam Session except that anyone can join.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited December 18, 2016
    TNinja
    TNinja said:

Is that really true? I accidentally joined my friend's Jam session while still holding a scroll of a song we just played before, and I played my song while he played his. I didn't think too much of it before but now I'm wondering how exactly that works.

EDIT: It was answered already, whoops. Had to walk away for a sec in the middle of typing this.
  • SaiAbyssSaiAbyss
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    ~Tuners for the win~ ^o^/

But you can make tuners now if you collect materials from the Musical Dungeon. At least that is what I've been told~.
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    SaiAbyss
    SaiAbyss said:

But you can make tuners now if you collect materials from the Musical Dungeon. At least that is what I've been told~.
    That'd be nice if that were the case. Give other people a chance to own one,
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    SaiAbyss
    SaiAbyss said:

That would've been really good if it was true. Unless the recipe in question is on sale for tailoring or blacksmiths somewhere I haven't seen, then unfortunately the tuners will still be gacha only.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My two friends and me tried different songs and instruments, and it is really fun!
    As for having like only 3 melodies, that is why we switched up instruments.
    Some instruments support all the harmonies, whilst one would only support one.

Like hand chimes. Speaking of hand chimes, there is no hand chime option in making a score.
    Or would that me 'xylophone'? Considering I never seen one of them.
    Also the fact that we have festival instrument options now. Which we don't have. (?)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The new Freestyle Jam is nice.

Rather than using the Jam Band party and Jam Session action, I just handed out scrolls to a multipart song to my friends and we just used the Freestyle Jam to play it.

The only real downside to doing that all the time, is that anyone can then join in with any instrument.
    Which is nice when harmonizing a single song, but can complicate the melody when doing multi-person jams on purpose.

I wish that having Pure Music mode on while using Jam Session let you hear everyone play perfectly.
    But I guess that's what's still "selling" Tuners.

Though there exists this:

Though, that was from the event box...
    And that one is only 20 uses.
    I wonder if there's another place to get them.
    Telmes
  • LiyenLiyen
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    edited December 18, 2016
    I'm not sure what tuners do, but are you guys referring to these?

These are handicrafted.
    Telmes
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765

My two friends and me tried different songs and instruments, and it is really fun!
    As for having like only 3 melodies, that is why we switched up instruments.
    Some instruments support all the harmonies, whilst one would only support one.

Like hand chimes. Speaking of hand chimes, there is no hand chime option in making a score.
    Or would that me 'xylophone'? Considering I never seen one of them.
    Also the fact that we have festival instrument options now. Which we don't have. (?)
    Xylophone was renamed to Hand Chimes, so I believe you'd select xylophone for a hand chime scroll.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Liyen
    Liyen said:

I'm not sure what tuners do, but are you guys referring to these?

These are handicrafted.
    Those tuners are dropped in math music dungeon(saw a friend get one)
    Hamelin tuners is an accessory

Also, I love the new freestyle jam session. It's so fun to just join in to random sessions.

Telmes