Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So..how's Tarlach these days?

potionbrewpotionbrew
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Tarlach Chat
Hi! Old player here~
I played mabi before then left because the Tarlach server was looking scarce (less kiosks and floor shops--it was pretty lonely not seeing those around).

Has mabi--and in particular Tarlach--gotten fuller while I was gone? I'm thinking of starting mabi again but I'm not sure I want to get invested or not.

Comments

• AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    The best way to get more people to join Tarlach is if you invite them, I haven't seen any ads for Mabinogi, and even if there was people block ads so no one is going to see it anyway. So why not invite some new players? Maybe try to get a large group of your friends to join in the game, and then get them to invite other people.

One person telling at least two, and those two telling others (eugh exponential growth, yuck). Would get quite a lot of people to join the game....just make sure to tell them to join Tarlach. I myself am from Tarlach but I haven't been on too much recently cause friends being clingy and making me play other things with them, but eventually I'm going to come back.

Then again I'm the kind of person who says to do this but is terrified to do it myself!
    potionbrew
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    There has been more shops open in Belvast lately, not sure if Caravan Joe promising a very slight change of a Carasek bag or a new Gachapon release is the cause of it. However, the AFK mass still remains to be a problem if you're looking for a 24/7 raid and run guild.
    SaffronBeigepotionbrew
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    Hmm... well, I might as well download the game again and see. I'm actually a casual solo player for the most part, but I get lonely when people aren't around ^^
  • KorikoKoriko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    Sadly, Tarlach, I believe, is dead. I hate that I had to move to Alexina since I've had my Tarlach account for 9 years. Hehe...but ya. If you are still looking to play Mabi, Alexina is bustling with activity.
    potionbrewSaffronBeige
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    We need a server merge. Many people, including myself, invested too much to abandon years of progress and move to another server.
    And before anyone suggest it; paid server TRANSFERS are a big NO. Some of us have 30+ characters/pets, a paid transfer would be inefficient and expensive. And a transfer would make a desolate server more desolate, so it doesn't solve the problem.
    potionbrew
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    Hmm, Alexina? I keep staying in Tarlach because of nostalgia, but I could make another character there to check it out.
  • SaffronBeigeSaffronBeige
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    potionbrew wrote: »
    Hmm, Alexina? I keep staying in Tarlach because of nostalgia, but I could make another character there to check it out.

it's hard to feel nostalgic when most of the older players have quit already servermergepLS
    Aeolyspotionbrew
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited February 25, 2017
    Maybe if all Tarlach players all agree to only use say only channel 1-3, the population of the server will be more concentrated (to at least not be a desolate wasteland) to a smaller number of channels than being disperse about all 7.
    MAYBE. If we could cooperate... nevermind.

Edit-to-avoid-double-post: Oh my GAWD, I visited Alexinia with a new character and there's people EVERYWHERE! And the chat log actually had text from people! Grrrgghhhtthhrrr!
    SaffronBeigepotionbrew
  • SaffronBeigeSaffronBeige
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Edit-to-avoid-double-post: Oh my GAWD, I visited Alexinia with a new character and there's people EVERYWHERE! And the chat log actually had text from people! Grrrgghhhtthhrrr!

I did the same and they had a FULL channel yesterday... when's the last time Tarlach had a full channel?
    potionbrew
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    We may still have antisocial shopkeeps, but the amusement continues.
    86a19d9a37694636accbb222700a0ec4.png
    potionbrewZerukanPaxseko
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    edited February 25, 2017
    Oh my, this is beautiful <3
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Maybe if all Tarlach players all agree to only use say only channel 1-3, the population of the server will be more concentrated (to at least not be a desolate wasteland) to a smaller number of channels than being disperse about all 7.
    MAYBE. If we could cooperate... nevermind.

I made character there and was surprised by how many people there were x'D

• ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280

I didn't expect to see our little chair line in this thread

Tarlach is quieter than it used to be, but it's not that bad. You can still run around and find pretty friendly people to talk to.
    potionbrewDarkpixie99
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    edited February 26, 2017
    Hehe, you were part of that chair line xD?

I'm mostly afk doing the OX quiz event for now--because my school break just ended, but I'll play on my character in Tarlach again to check it out a bit better (right now I'm on my Alexina character)
    Although, I'm curious, how many people are playing OX in Tarlach channels?

EDIT: So I hopped onto Tarlach. And there's a nice amount of people in channel 6 :D...that is 3 people, but still >< (I don't like being in super busy channels and like it when there's a moderate amount of people, hence not in channel 7)
  • ZerukanZerukan
    edited February 26, 2017
    Hehe, you were part of that chair line xD?

Yep! I was the one in the middle.
    On ch7 there's a lot of people at the OX quiz, turning off names makes it easier to do cause of all the name lag. And for popular channels that aren't ch7 I'd say ch3, ch6, and ch2 are your best bets.
    potionbrew
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    The pink haired one :D?

Ohh thanks for those channels! I'll go to those! I didn't know channel 2 or 3 were popular :o
  • ZerukanZerukan
    The pink haired one :D?

Ohh thanks for those channels! I'll go to those! I didn't know channel 2 or 3 were popular :o
    If you need any new friends to add feel free to add Zerukan in game
    potionbrew
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    Your ign is the same as your forum name too!
    I'll add you!
    (I'm only really active/not afk Fridays/Saturdays though :c)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Someone's baiting bears again...
    edf6558c8ae24a3781a1b9ddc5121881.png
  • RoyaltyRoyalty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    To be honest, it is less populated but still not dead. You can still see players roaming around belvast and also in OX quiz event. I really wish there's a server merge. There hardly any new players joining in :/
  • DaizukunDaizukun
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Add me, Nukuziad if you need some dungeoning help or just wanna spam sms!!! >:D Always down to help players and make the game interesting :3!!!