Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Benefits of Wine Making

SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
in Help
Is there a real benefit to wine making? It doesn't seem to be good for money making and even the stats from it are minimal. Is there some factor that makes wine making a good skill?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wine Making is the most useless Life skill we have in my opinion. Nexon should revamp it for sure.
    [Deleted User]
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    How do you find it useful?

I think it's a really neat skill, but I'm not familiar with it's benefits.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 27, 2017
    There are no rank benefits to the skill of wine making. It is the same skill Rf-R1. It is primarily for huge does of intelligence.

Wine is used for an achievement where you make the best wine and turn it into Pencast, but nothing worth doing.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 27, 2017
    it mainly gives int stats ....but you can use the wine you make to get passes for shadow missions

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Protect_Corrib_Valley
    http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/The_Smell_of_Wine

from these shadow missions you get marketplace modification coupon and royal castle guard weapon coupon. those were really useful, back when people still used highlander claymores and highlander bows. Nowadays it's kinda obsolete :C except for people who still decide to use those weapons. We have a lot of old content that could use revamps but they may never happen

you do actually need them for the celtic royal battle axe (the market mod coupon) so the feature is alive for now...somewhat. when the giant update hits I imagine more people will be after market mod coupons for that. if they make these coupons a requirement for future weapons they can keep the purpose of whine making alive
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Wine making? What's that? :S

Honestly that's how neglected poor wine making is. :(
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Ah perfect! So int increase and coupons.

I'd love to see it re amped, hopefully it does eventually.
  • DonPatchDonPatch
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Smell of wine is a good mission giving out 21k gold for something that lasts less than 5 minutes.

I use wine making like crazy just for those passes.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Arjune wrote: »
    from these shadow missions you get marketplace modification coupon and royal castle guard weapon coupon. those were really useful, back when people still used highlander claymores and highlander bows.
    awwwww! reminds me when i was a newb a friend gave me a highlander long bow and it was my first upgrade stone event where the rank doesn't go down if you fail and i was running around trying to buy market mod coupons to rush upgrade the bow so i could step it >w<
    still got it... but never use anymore.
    you can really tell i was in a hurry because it has probably one of the worst artisans you could ever get lmfao. back then didn't have much money to reroll anyway and was adamant to not buy things from the cash shop.
    qPut7dQ.jpg

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited February 27, 2017
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Wine Making is the most useless Life skill we have in my opinion. Nexon should revamp it for sure.

I concur. I am not going to waste time and effort for just +9 int.